VN Ren'Py Curvy Town [v0.3.3] [Hvostt]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
It might be the future but the very, very far future. Sure, I have come a long way - but AI art is far from perfect. I mean...look at these:

View attachment 2236329 View attachment 2236330

And then again, while I am not against AI art, I sincerely hope that those won't make peeps lose our creativity and originality. Some people already becomes too dependent on AI art generator. Why is this bad? For one, they seem to yeet their originality out of the window already. More importantly, they become too lazy and don't even care to study the basics carefully and just do plug-and-play with this AI thingy. If you don't get what I mean, here's the dev's original art that he plugged into the AI, and here's the output from the AI:

View attachment 2236334 View attachment 2236335

That's a big comeback on the AI art, sure - and more power to whoever uses it correctly. But lastly, I also hope that no one spends minimal efforts into making generic AI-art games, because so far, games like this leaves an extremely bad impression for the community. That being said - of course, this is just the beginning of how people are abusing AI art because of how easy it is to use.
If you try generate one good art, you understand how many time you spend.
I have no good Pc and for one good picture I spend one day or two, and after that I correct this art .
And yes, my old art bad, but if I use Ai it didn’t mean I don’t want draw art.
I try create game with good art, if they bad, say it and I try to upgrade this.

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Maybe you right ,but I spend many time for each art, and I correct them many time.
Very well then. I will be 100% frank with you, but will be constructive.

Unfortunately, your effort does not seem to reflect on the game. Now, if you are serious about revamping this, I am more than happy to provide my feedback as follows. These are all my opinions, you are welcome to take it or leave it. I am going to start with the smaller things first.
  1. Customize your UI and make it look less like a default Ren'py UI. This is a big turnoff for many people.
  2. Luna's pose in a few renders is very out-of-touch. Sam and Naomi are standing straight up 90 degree, but Luna is like 45 degrees on the z-plane. It's like she is about to fall back. This is evident with how you can clearly see her panties.
  3. There are quite a few typos. I would suggest you have someone to read through this with you.
As someone said above, AI cannot generate the same character again. That's why the facial expression looks extremely out of touch. I will give you some examples here.

1671081582429.png 1671081587608.png 1671081600809.png

And then the style is also different among characters in a render:

1671081737346.png 1671081742173.png

Another bad thing is that, I sometimes can't even tell which character is talking. You might want to do like a blur or a highlight effect, or something, to signify the character that is currently talking. It takes me a few attempts to make sense of which character is talking and which is not.

That’s probably all feedback I have. Sorry for the long-ass message, but yeah, I wish you good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Hentai

Jan 1, 2020
We can't stop the march of progress. No matter what we think of it.
A.I. generation is the future and I wouldn't bet against it.
I wish the best to A.I. content creators and hope that the time saved on art creates better (Finished!!!) content for the players.

Edit : I know a few games that died because of Art. I wonder if Breeding Season would be alive today with A.I. generation.
I hear something similar about NFT's like a year ago, "the technology of the future", but that just can have future if people consume the thing and looks like will become niche if continues.

About the game and to the creator, I saw your drawings, please continue drawing, the AI will kill your skills and with enough effort time and practice you can reach a level to no need AI, if you have fun then go for it but if what you really wanted is to draw then draw, AI art can look fantastic but nothing will make you feel better than something you did yourself. Not going to tell you to stop using AI and make games with it if is what you want but please don't stop drawing.

Reactions: Hvostt

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I hear something similar about NFT's like a year ago, "the technology of the future", but that just can have future if people consume the thing and looks like will become niche if continues.

About the game and to the creator, I saw your drawings, please continue drawing, the AI will kill your skills and with enough effort time and practice you can reach a level to no need AI, if you have fun then go for it but if what you really wanted is to draw then draw, AI art can look fantastic but nothing will make you feel better than something you did yourself. Not going to tell you to stop using AI and make games with it if is what you want but please don't stop drawing.
Thank you I continue drawing and may be in future I add my art in game)

Reactions: Old Hentai

LewLewd

Sep 20, 2022
As mentioned before, there are some character differences between each scene, and it's quite hard to follow..

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I know about all function but I can use them with my Pc.
I work with offline Ai and use correct and affective very hard with bad Pc.
I generate many cool image with good hands and good variation emotion, but it’s all was not for game…for game images need more time ,because need result what I want.
And I know about time, but Rl take many time too.
This short game was made more then two months, and was generated more then two thousand images.
I will try make better game, and I want thank you for all feedback.
If you have question about game or specific flaw with the game you always can leave a comment and I read them.

I thought about honeyselect, but it have many problem with my concept.

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I dont draw less, but its very long process for my wish to create games.
When i can draw good (on my opinion) i add my art in game or create new only with my art.

Reactions: Old Hentai

Old Hentai

Jan 1, 2020
I dont draw less, but its very long process for my wish to create games.
When i can draw good (on my opinion) i add my art in game or create new only with my art.
Thank you, just hope you don't get discouraged because the AI generated looks "better", the style of an artist says a lot, im sure most of people here check DLsite and when see certain character on certain style they automatically knows who did that and for some is an instant purchase because they gave us good content even if is not the most perfect art or "anatomically accurate".

• Red Heart

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
New Clare upload now on my boosty!
Welcome all who wants to support me and participate in the development and look exclusive renderings.

If possible, I will post the development process on the forum and ask for your opinion.

Captain Alpo

Dec 13, 2020
Love the concept and the story so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of this game.
I don't know if this was mentioned before but when I played this version I noticed that alot of spaces were missing after the comma-sign ( , ), it make reading the text alot comfortable. Just a tip for future versions.
Keep up the good work.

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Love the concept and the story so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of this game.
I don't know if this was mentioned before but when I played this version I noticed that alot of spaces were missing after the comma-sign ( , ), it make reading the text alot comfortable. Just a tip for future versions.
Keep up the good work.
I will fix it in the next patch.

sid1986

Jun 26, 2020
great and very promising game. hope you can make it! don't pay attention to the whiners because of the use of artificial intelligence. they do not understand that progress cannot be stopped and do not understand that working with AI is also a labor. I hope you won't stop working on this wonderful game just because of them

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
great and very promising game. hope you can make it! don't pay attention to the whiners because of the use of artificial intelligence. they do not understand that progress cannot be stopped and do not understand that working with AI is also a labor. I hope you won't stop working on this wonderful game just because of them
Thank you very much!!!

Now I'm already working on the first chapter and all I can say is it's going to be huge! The first chapter will be divided into three parts and each part will be divided into several days of the life of the heroes. Now I have finished one day of the first part and it is already twice as long as the whole prologue. And all subsequent days will not yield to the first. I also fixed some prologue errors and replaced the Clare character. A lot of work and the support of people helps not to give up! 809E21EC-6C20-4542-BCE7-799344F9105B.png

Reactions: FFTW and fanboi
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes