VN Ren'Py Curvy Town [v0.3.3] [Hvostt]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

podfan723

Nov 30, 2020
I played the first installment in December. Great game, enjoyed the dialouge and story. Is the new update availalbe for free to public? or will the game strictly be behind a paywall moving forward?

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I played the first installment in December. Great game, enjoyed the dialouge and story. Is the new update availalbe for free to public? or will the game strictly be behind a paywall moving forward?
Very soon update out public!

Reactions: zhiphius

Ragnarok385

Dec 31, 2020
Just wanted to say I'm loving where the story is going and very interested to see what happens next. I just finished playing through v0.1.1, and like that we're starting to see growth in the characters in more ways than one ;)

I think you mentioned that English isn't your native language, so just a few words of advice on the translator that you are using to most likely machine translate:

1. It often mistakes the name "Luna" for "the moon" in some situations. Easily understandable in context, but rather hilarious to read!

2. Using a main character named "Sam" the translator often gets pronouns wrong, there are instances of "he" or "him" being used when Sam is a decidedly female MC.

3. A couple other little things like Sam's "room" being referred to as Sam's "place" and other little faults of the translator that could be patched up with a good proof-read.

Loved the story and where it seems to be heading and can't wait to see more in the coming months.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hvostt

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Just wanted to say I'm loving where the story is going and very interested to see what happens next. I just finished playing through v0.1.1, and like that we're starting to see growth in the characters in more ways than one ;)

I think you mentioned that English isn't your native language, so just a few words of advice on the translator that you are using to most likely machine translate:

1. It often mistakes the name "Luna" for "the moon" in some situations. Easily understandable in context, but rather hilarious to read!

2. Using a main character named "Sam" the translator often gets pronouns wrong, there are instances of "he" or "him" being used when Sam is a decidedly female MC.

3. A couple other little things like Sam's "room" being referred to as Sam's "place" and other little faults of the translator that could be patched up with a good proof-read.

Loved the story and where it seems to be heading and can't wait to see more in the coming months.
Thank you for your support and for the feedback on the mistakes. Yes, English is not my primary language, but I understand it well, just in this situation I could not see all the errors and find them, I will try to avoid this again, as well as try to find all the errors and fix them in the next patch.
Also, I'm glad you liked the story, I hope that I will not let you down in further updates.
As for the updates, they will be similar in size to update 0.1.1.
If you have any other comments or suggestions, I am always ready to listen to them.
And once again, thank you for the feedback!!!

Micio124

Sep 9, 2017
really like the proportions of the various characters , love the shape of the teacher with the pink hair ( would love to see her young versione before becoming like that)
Hope to see this game finished

I'll say this. Any AI art game that finishes will be a lot better than a 2d art game that had "so much potential" and yet never moved past the 0.2 update.
and i agree with this , sooo many games with super good custom made art wasted on half baked games that will never be finished

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
really like the proportions of the various characters , love the shape of the teacher with the pink hair ( would love to see her young versione before becoming like that)
Hope to see this game finished

and i agree with this , sooo many games with super good custom made art wasted on half baked games that will never be finished
Thank you so much! I'm thinking of possible spinoffs that would tell the stories of young characters, but I can't say exactly when that will be implemented.
The game will be finished is 100% information. I do everything by myself and have complete control over the entire creation process, yes because of this there are mistakes, but I can talk about everything with complete confidence!

Reactions: Micio124

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Love the game so far and wanna see more.

Only thing I'd like to change is the font, its too wavy.

qazpllp

May 31, 2017
Why do you delete/not ship the linux files in the release? Currently, linux should not be listed in the usable OSs for this game

Last edited:
Reactions: tuxihc

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Why do you delete/not ship the `.sh` file in the release? Thats the simple way to run in Linux. Without it, I would suggest removing Linux from the possible OS to play on
When I create distributions, renpay offers platform options and there is a Linux and Pc item, the first option implies a Linux-only version, and the second one for Linux and win. I purposefully did not delete anything, in the next release I will download separately 3 versions of Linux, Mac, Win. I apologize for the inconvenience.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes