VN Ren'Py Curvy Town [v0.4.2] [Hvostt]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
For everyone who wants to try the prologue with an updated visual!

P.s.
If you already have a version of the game, then when you log into the updated version you will get an error, just ignore it and start the game.

The error is caused by the fact that I deleted old files so that the size of the game was smaller, and the game, in turn, tries to find files that are not there. This error will not be in the final versions, and it will not be after the launch of the new prologue.

Last edited:

Corrupt King

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
For everyone who wants to try the prologue with an updated visual!

I tried running the prologue and was greeted with the following error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/Char/Sam/sam 5n.png') at 0x000000000b7ab760>:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/Char/Sam/sam 5n.png'.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hvostt

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I tried running the intro and was greeted with the following error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/Char/Sam/sam 5n.png') at 0x000000000b7ab760>:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/Char/Sam/sam 5n.png'.
Just ignore this error, it is due to the fact that I removed old sprites to reduce the size. If you ignore this error, the game will work fine, it will fix itself after 0.5.0 is released

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Great refresh - new sprites look much better and the animation is a cool addition.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much, I'm glad this update has improved the game.
You're just imagining it. The proportions are correct and exactly Naomi has bigger breasts than the others. I have new character variants with new angles and naked variants on my disk server. If you find them, you'll see that Naomi still has bigger breasts than the others. It's just that with the new sprites, all the shapes will be more correct to the realities of anatomy. That's why it may seem like the difference is small.

Reactions: Corrupt King

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
CurvyTown-0.4.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I enjoyed it a lot, even with the aicg. I just wish she kept her silver hair. If her "final forms" go back to the silver hair, that'd be awesome (the silver hair being the sign that she's the chosen heir or something, and that's how they knew she was from the start, as its the sign of a concentration of the "Ei bloodline" or whatever.)

Fun and I'll try out the modded version. I kind of want to do some cleaning up of the TL as I occasionally see a few lines that are outright in Russian, and a lot of the stuff especially part 3 onwards the grammar is very wonky.

• Red Heart

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
I enjoyed it a lot, even with the aicg. I just wish she kept her silver hair. If her "final forms" go back to the silver hair, that'd be awesome (the silver hair being the sign that she's the chosen heir or something, and that's how they knew she was from the start, as its the sign of a concentration of the "Ei bloodline" or whatever.)

Fun and I'll try out the modded version. I kind of want to do some cleaning up of the TL as I occasionally see a few lines that are outright in Russian, and a lot of the stuff especially part 3 onwards the grammar is very wonky.
I'm glad you liked it! Your idea is interesting, I will think about it.

About the Russian language, could you tell me where it is exactly?

Because after changing the translation method there shouldn't be such lines.

About grammar. I try to make changes as much as possible to maximize the meaning I put into the story. Closer to version 1.0 I will try to fix most of the errors.

Corrupt King

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
Please post new/updated saves, as these don't work anymore.
They should work fine in the base game, but I intentionally disabled old saves in the mod, because of the new content that starts very early and significantly impacts the story - you should see a message about that right after loading. Now the modded game will keep track of the versions, and allow to jump straight into the beginning of new content in future releases.

Reactions: FFTW

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
They should work fine in the base game, but I intentionally disabled old saves in the mod, because of the new content that starts very early and significantly impacts the story - you should see a message about that right after loading. Now the modded game will keep track of the versions, and allow to jump straight into the beginning of new content in future releases.
Oh, I see now. Thanks for the explanation.

Is there anyway that one can skip the old stuff and only view the new content though? or at least having some kind of marker that allows you to identify the new scenes when you reach one of them? To avoid having to replay everything we have already seen again.

Corrupt King

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
Is there anyway that one can skip the old stuff and only view the new content though?
You can just fast forward - hit ctrl to skip until the new stuff comes on. New content in the mod starts immediately (introductory monologue), and new scenes are scattered throughout all parts. You get new characters, new sprites, new transitions (whenever a character transforms), new sex scenes - everything. If you really don't want to do any of it, you can load the attached file to the game, and it will disable version checking this time. Your choice.

Reactions: FFTW

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
You can just fast forward - hit ctrl to skip until the new stuff comes on. New content in the mod starts immediately (introductory monologue), and new scenes are scattered throughout all parts. You get new characters, new sprites, new transitions (whenever a character transforms), new sex scenes - everything. If you really don't want to do any of it, you can load the attached file to the game, and it will disable version checking this time. Your choice.
What I meant was a method to fast forward the old stuff yet not miss the new stuff, as I obviously want to view the new stuff, but having played the old parts awhile ago I won't be certain which parts are new and which are old and safe to skip, so I thought if there was a "skip old scenes" option that automatically stops skipping whenever a new scene comes on then then that would be best. If that is too difficult though then I definitely would rather start from beginning as I don't want to miss all the new stuff :).

and thanks for the great work on the mod btw!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes