Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I don't know about "a lot"; but definitely some very vocal and opinionated folks would be displeased.

Which is fine! You are pursuing them as LIs, so having them with other characters would be not fun. And the other part says that you are not a fan of voyeur content, either. Personally, I don't mind it as long as it isn't forced. Give me, the player, the option to peep. If the story requires the MC catching someone in the act and it isn't avoidable, I'd prefer if it was kept PG (kissing, groping).
Exactly. I'd rather not see the kissing or groping though. But, I'm done judging people who enjoy all of it. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I have to push my opinions on others. As you know, I used to be a huge ass about that. But, not anymore. If a dev pops it in as a forced surprise, I do on occassion, talk shit about it. But, what's the point anymore in doing that? I just delete the game and ignore it.

Reactions: Faptime

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Preview Pic #13:

MC looks a bit too much like Connor from Detroit:Become Human for my taste. Be careful with real people's likeness like that.
It may just be the angle though, what do I know :cautious:
Ha, I was thinking that same thing while playing this. I had Conner's voice in my head the whole time he was talking. Took me a bit to get used to his look without thinking he was an android.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I really enjoyed the dev's previous game Deliverance, and went into this game with pretty high expectations, and I must say. Despite those expectations, I greatly enjoyed this first release.

Lots of girls, and several choices, not to mention storyline which kept me engaged.

By the way, did the dev state specifically all the LIs and how many there are?

Trying to piece together the list of all LIs (though I guess some of them could just be side characters I suppose) from the list of the characters:

- Nina
- Val
- Ms Deloney
- Dr Kathy
- Blaze
- Natalie
- Gabby
- Freya
- Lilith
- Sayo
- Jane
- Sgt. Cox
- Cleo
- Kendra

Doubt every single one of them are LIs (like Sgt. Cox :KEK: ).

From the episode itself, and the girls revealed in the OP's banner, Freya, Kendra, Lilith, Nina, I'd assume are main LIs.
Though, girls like Val, Jane, Natalie give off the sort of main LIs vibe.
Characters like Ms Deloney, Dr. Kathy, Gabby, Cleo give off the side characters feel (lewd and sexy times possible, but not really LI level of development).
Unsure about Blaze (could be main LI, or not, unsure since we've barely seen much of her) or Sayo. :unsure:

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
how on earth there could be incest? mc is on his 1st mission and before that has had dating courses and for sure CIA makes sure that agents won't get pregnant.
It's not the kind that people seem to like around here but technically I think there could be incest if there was a scene involving the MC and both Zhine's wife and daughter (because the two of them would be engaging in it). For what it's worth I would be fine with a scene like that but I'm not personally into incest or pushing for it to be introduced. I play those games sometimes but when I do I imagine the characters are unrelated as it's not my thing lol

Reactions: beef-devourer

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
It's not the kind that people seem to like around here but technically I think there could be incest if there was a scene involving the MC and both Zhine's wife and daughter (because the two of them would be engaging in it). For what it's worth I would be fine with a scene like that but I'm not personally into incest or pushing for it to be introduced. I play those games sometimes but when I do I imagine the characters are unrelated as it's not my thing lol
Yeah, a threesome with Zhine's wife and daughter will be tagged as incest as per F95zone standards. However, there will be incest fans coming to this thread, disappointed and complaint that it is not incest, why is it tagged incest etc. unless IT IS MC blood relatives. So, it is not in the best of interest of 1Thousand to make that IMHO, but it is his game and story, he can do whatever he likes and I just enjoy it. I don't play or live by tags. Cheers.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I said the same thing. It's not explained. We're just kind of thrown into it. Hopefully we'll find out with the next update.
It almost feels similar to those "it was all a dream..." plot twists. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why it's even an aspect of the game. Surely all the love interests aren't just another part of this weird simulation, right? Not sure if I'd care for that very much. Guess we'll see.

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
It almost feels similar to those "it was all a dream..." plot twists. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why it's even an aspect of the game. Surely all the love interests aren't just another part of this weird simulation, right? Not sure if I'd care for that very much. Guess we'll see.
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of the Matrix. Hopefully there's a good reason for a "simulation".

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
I'm a bit confused about the simulation as well. Is it more like the movie "Free Guy" where inhabitants (excluding MC and his team) aren't real outside of the simulation, or "The Matrix," where everyone exists outside of the sim and are plugged in unconsciously?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm a bit confused about the simulation as well. Is it more like the movie "Free Guy" where inhabitants (excluding MC and his team) aren't real outside of the simulation, or "The Matrix," where everyone exists outside of the sim and are plugged in unconsciously?
I don't even think the dev knows at this point. I think he's winging it and at some point, he'll either have clarity or write himself into a circle and abandon it. But, until he knows, I think I'll just wait and watch.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
First person: Inserts themselves into the MC. They become the MC. They are more emotionally tied to the MC and are far less likely to share, etc. Their responses in these forums is often (not always) tinged with more emotion and they react with more passion in regard to discussions such as voyeurism and sharing/swapping/swinging/hotwifing, etc. They (again, not all) are more likely to attempt to shame someone for disagreeing.
Speaking of which, is a number of such lads really high? Those who self-insert that much so they think they are protagonists, not spectators who can relate, and bang all those fictional hot broads.

I'd expand your note that these folks frequently prefer faceless protagonists, which in result deprives a VN of lots of cinematic, erotic and dramatic value. For instance: emotional eye contact interactions and proper kissing scenes become impossible, and pussy eating too :KEK:

Third person: The MC and most every character is a tool...a puppet. They don't insert themselves into roles other than to follow the story, create chaos, look for reactions, etc. If they get into anything it's the mind of the dev. How did the dev write this path or the other. Without emotional ties to the MC, they are not as emotional, not as directly affected. They are not going to lose sleep if someone else gets the girl (or guy). But one thing they really don't like is lack of choice or false choices.
I would call it a train of thought of players who prefer story-driven VNs and, most likely, are not keen on harems, quite the opposite.

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
1st or 3rd person is just the writing point of view.

3rd is written from the narrators point of view. An example would be something like: "Frank needed some things and decided to go shopping."

1st is written from the character's POV and would be something like: "I needed some things so I decided to go shopping."

So, reading a story in 1st person allows you to feel like you are part of the story.

Reactions: koplak1d

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Did I not pay attention enough or is this whole simulation thing just not explained well? I feel like I'm missing key pieces of info about the world/plot.
nope, we were thrown into water as blinded but i'm sure story opens up as new eps are released.

Oh shit a 406, that alone makes it worth a try :whistle:
easier to carjack than some newer cars and it's very lost in crowd unlike ferrari/mclaren.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Speaking of which, is a number of such lads really high? Those who self-insert that much so they think they are protagonists, not spectators who can relate, and bang all those fictional hot broads.

I'd expand your note that these folks frequently prefer faceless protagonists, which in result deprives a VN of lots of cinematic, erotic and dramatic value. For instance: emotional eye contact interactions and proper kissing scenes become impossible, and pussy eating too :KEK:

I would call it a train of thought of players who prefer story-driven VNs and, most likely, are not keen on harems, quite the opposite.
I like your train of thought. Very interesting how you tie in the 'face' idea and also the harem thing. Personally, I would fit nicely into your harem hypothesis. It may sound perverse to those who like those games, but when/if I play a harem game the first thing I do is try to figure out ways to destroy the harem. I wonder if age also has something to do with it? I, being middle-aged, am simply not attracted to that kind of story.

3rd is written from the narrators point of view. An example would be something like: "Frank needed some things and decided to go shopping."

1st is written from the character's POV and would be something like: "I needed some things so I decided to go shopping."

So, reading a story in 1st person allows you to feel like you are part of the story.
I understand first and third person narratives as literary devices. My discussion was targeted at how the player chooses to insert themselves into a story. There are some similarities, however. My take is somewhat similar to how one would play a shooter. In first person I am more immersed. The illusion is such that it appears I am creating the action. Contrast that with a third person POV where I am controlling a character from above, but not becoming the character. I hope that makes a bit of sense.

Regardless, thanks to the both of you for the replies.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't even think the dev knows at this point. I think he's winging it and at some point, he'll either have clarity or write himself into a circle and abandon it. But, until he knows, I think I'll just wait and watch.
It's explicit in the story that MC and his team are like "The Matrix". As for the rest of the characters, it's rather unclear (and to be honest one giant mystery that will either amount to a plot twist or an entirely non-sensical plot hole.)

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020

I think it's not a matter of the narrator's point of view. A novel can be written in an immersive fashion like you described ("I needed some things..."), but the issue still remains: do any players really insert themselves into a playable character so much to the extent they cannot tolerate any deviation from the 1st person standpoint? Because they think it's them who go around banging hot broads here and there, and no immersion breaking is allowed.

I like your train of thought. Very interesting how you tie in the 'face' idea and also the harem thing. Personally, I would fit nicely into your harem hypothesis. It may sound perverse to those who like those games, but when/if I play a harem game the first thing I do is try to figure out ways to destroy the harem. I wonder if age also has something to do with it? I, being middle-aged, am simply not attracted to that kind of story.
My gut feeling whispers me that you don't drop in on any harem game thread asking for how you can break a harem or whether a solo path for some character is planned. Meanwhile, could a story-driven mature and relatively believable VN be compatible with the harem :unsure: ? I thing it isn't, that's why I don't want to get it in Cybernetic Seduction.

As for the age, I guess the more life experience and communication skills someone has the more that someone wants to enjoy VNs with more connection to reality without absurdity and evident fantasies, and by this I only mean the human relationship department, whereas a VN may have any Sci-Fi / fantasy setting. I call this state of play semi-realism.

I understand first and third person narratives as literary devices. My discussion was targeted at how the player chooses to insert themselves into a story. There are some similarities, however.
I would emphasize this: it's not about a dev's approach on telling his/her story, it's about the players' choice on how they see and sense themselves in conjunction with a playable character: are they spectators who control a relatable character and enjoy some elements of immersion or do they think they are almost literally protagonists and do the stuff so any immersion-breaking feature is off-putting.

Reactions: The Rogue Trader
4.40 star(s) 35 Votes