shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
I guess the game has never been on the front page here. Not a big deal but maybe some players would like to play it and don't know about it. The popularity of some other games has its own secrets.
It's not the first time someone discover the game by chance and find it nice.
Do you have a online version on itch.io or some other similar site ? I think a lot of users play on their phone or don't want to download every game. An online version or online demo might help in reaching a lot more people even if it isn't updated often.

Orc2381

Feb 23, 2022
This is by far the best game I have seen and most fun. Cannot wait for future updates to this.
It would be really cool if at some point you could choose which slayer to be when you start a new game. Choose one of the other models to use and then the Aline model would take their place in the game. This way you could play through as Kassiah, Charlotte, Tam, Nina or Rogue.
I know that is asking a lot but the replayability of the game would skyrocket.

• Haha
Reactions: LilithFan

Buffman666

Feb 21, 2021
I have somehow spent over 10 hours on this game, it's great. It's not your normal good/evil easy choices etc. to get down certain routes and you have to pick which abilities to invest in to get different scenes/routes.

Honestly, this game is fantastic and definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet... Genuienly up there with my favourite game (at the moment) Manila Shaw, although this game is just beginning I imagine it might take over Manila!

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
I wish I could do it for every encounter but...it needs too much time and energy. A battle includes a dozen if not a hundred of pictures and a lot of code for every situation. Marak Battle took me one complete month to be playable.
So if I want to add some content, I cannot stay too long on battle phases
I'd like to offer another perspective on this.

Your game is unique because it has a decently interesting gameplay loop (I'm talking about the repeatable combat sections here, not the police office + gym grind). It's what made me put many hours into your game. A huge portion of my time was spent grinding the same zombie guy, and then the boss when he was available. And then I did the office stuff in between, because why not? It's free XP. I didn't do the pickpocket/reception stuff because I enjoyed it though, that's for sure.

Figuring out how to beat the enemies and when to use/not use taunt and such is what makes this game. This kind of content can make a player spend many hours experimenting and tweaking their build, and it can also add replay value if there are different viable skill builds you can use to win the combat scenarios, and if the combat plays out differently depending on purity/deviant path. It can also motivate players to sit through the rest of the "work grind" if they are looking forward to unolcking fun new combat stuff.

The "realtionship stuff" I only watched once, maybe twice and that was it. So if you compare how much time players spend beating up that same zombie versus clicking through an office scene they only saw once, it's easily 100:1, probably more. It feels very lopsided honestly.

1 new enemy would be worth a whole shit ton of 1-time story/quest events, to me at least. And obviously I'm not alone in thinking this.

PS. It feels like a huge waste that the "fat ghoul" encounter was a 1-off thing. It can't be too much work to just swap the girl model for that encounter and make it repeatable, no?

PPS. The Marak encounter is fucking brilliant and it's a huge reason why I like the game. If you feel it was wasted effort then I need to tell you that it absolutely definitely wasn't.

PPPS. It would be super cool if the gym sparring fight, the subway chase scene and the bot training scenes had RNG combat elements to decide how they play out too. It feels a bit cheap and takes away a lot of the fun to just press the "I win" button. It could also introduce some combat mechanics outside of the "night time"-slot. Which would be super neat, to me at least.

PPPPS. The Raph content did absolutely nothing for me. The non-consent stuff only works if it happens because I fuck up somehow, or do something risky and or/stupid or fail something (sometimes on purpose). When I have to grind relationship stats with him and then actively go seek him out in the basement to get abused it becomes super volontary and then it's not non-consent any more. It could have worked as some kind of romance option, maybe. But why would anyone choose to romance such an unlikeable character? IDK, that stuff was just weird.

Anyway that's my 2 cents. Thanks again for making a cool game!

Peace.

Last edited:

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
I kind of like the "I win" button on many fights, fighting the little ghouls is getting a old rather fast and I might have missed something, but hit or miss are completly random right? Getting a real fighting system and all the extra work for it doesn't seem to be worth it in the end.

I like the game, the models are a little to chestheavy for my liking, but that's the devs style I guess...I also noticed some broken spines here and there, ouch

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
but hit or miss are completly random right?
It's RNG but you can influence the success rate. Do you see how that whirly thing changes colour when you use taunt or start a battle when the enemy is angry? Try taunting an enemy until it doesn't change colour any more and see what happens ;).

You can also influence your XP gain depending on how you win. (victory, dominated victory, slayer finish)

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018

Your game is unique because it has a decently interesting gameplay loop (I'm talking about the repeatable combat sections here, not the police office + gym grind). It's what made me put many hours into your game. A huge portion of my time was spent grinding the same zombie guy, and then the boss when he was available. And then I did the office stuff in between, because why not? It's free XP. I didn't do the pickpocket/reception stuff because I enjoyed it though, that's for sure.

Figuring out how to beat the enemies and when to use/not use taunt and such is what makes this game. This kind of content can make a player spend many hours experimenting and tweaking their build, and it can also add replay value if there are different viable skill builds you can use to win the combat scenarios, and if the combat plays out differently depending on purity/deviant path. It can also motivate players to sit through the rest of the "work grind" if they are looking forward to unolcking fun new combat stuff.

The "realtionship stuff" I only watched once, maybe twice and that was it. So if you compare how much time players spend beating up that same zombie versus clicking through an office scene they only saw once, it's easily 100:1, probably more. It feels very lopsided honestly.

1 new enemy would be worth a whole shit ton of 1-time story/quest events, to me at least. And obviously I'm not alone in thinking this.

PS. It feels like a huge waste that the "fat ghoul" encounter was a 1-off thing. It can't be too much work to just swap the girl model for that encounter and make it repeatable, no?

PPS. The Marak encounter is fucking brilliant and it's a huge reason why I like the game. If you feel it was wasted effort then I need to tell you that it absolutely definitely wasn't.

PPPS. It would be super cool if the gym sparring fight, the subway chase scene and the bot training scenes had RNG combat elements to decide how they play out too. It feels a bit cheap and takes away a lot of the fun to just press the "I win" button. It could also introduce some combat mechanics outside of the "night time"-slot. Which would be super neat, to me at least.

PPPPS. The Raph content did absolutely nothing for me. The non-consent stuff only works if it happens because I fuck up somehow, or do something risky and or/stupid or fail something (sometimes on purpose). When I have to grind relationship stats with him and then actively go seek him out in the basement to get abused it becomes super volontary and then it's not non-consent any more. It could have worked as some kind of romance option, maybe. But why would anyone choose to romance such an unlikeable character? IDK, that stuff was just weird.

Peace.
English isn't my native language so thanks for essentially putting my thoughts into words. If folks here read my previous comments and wondered what I was trying to get to, that's pretty much it word for word.

HeroineAddict

Apr 10, 2022

Peace.
You could have used the dominate skill with Raph. Aline then tries to get the better of him, fails and falls under his control. This would be the exact outcome you’re looking for.

Reactions: RyRa² and popabear

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
Imo the battle system still need a lot work in order to bring it to a same level as say Karryn's Prison. Right now it's still too RNG reliant. You can buy all the combat related phantasms and still in the actual combat you'll fight like a noob in trying to damage the enemy which is counter-intuitive. Put in another way I don't feel that Aline is getting stronger in the actual combat only outside combat through story options like ambushing enemies. You have options in-combat to instantly slay a mutant but the requirement is strict and your combat phantasms don't actually make it easier to reach those requirements.

Reactions: GodlessXVIII

loldobngs69

Jul 23, 2017
He's done the "do you want next release soon or a very long delay so I can put in more content" poll with predictable results on his discord. It might be too soon to judge that this results in less releases with less content and ever longer delays like has happened to every other dev who put up a similar poll, but its precedents don't paint a rosy picture.

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
He's done the "do you want next release soon or a very long delay so I can put in more content" poll with predictable results on his discord. It might be too soon to judge that this results in less releases with less content and ever longer delays like has happened to every other dev who put up a similar poll, but its precedents don't paint a rosy picture.
1.This is not what I said in the Poll. A very long delay would be 2/3 more months. I'm talking about a few more weeks from early january to late january.
2. Results are not that predictable so far. People have mixed opinions. That's why I do Polls and that's why they're so valuable at some point in a development of an update.
3. My releases are around every 4/5 months. There's no reason for this to change and players knowing my work now it is worth it. Doing a poll doesn't mean I'm announcing "less" content or longer updates delays as "every other dev".
So far, the content I've done could already be a good update TBH...But as I care about my community, I need to ask them how they feel about all that and it helps me making a more better update.
Please, don't take any shortcuts and misrepresent my words.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
Imo the battle system still need a lot work in order to bring it to a same level as say Karryn's Prison. Right now it's still too RNG reliant. You can buy all the combat related phantasms and still in the actual combat you'll fight like a noob in trying to damage the enemy which is counter-intuitive. Put in another way I don't feel that Aline is getting stronger in the actual combat only outside combat through story options like ambushing enemies. You have options in-combat to instantly slay a mutant but the requirement is strict and your combat phantasms don't actually make it easier to reach those requirements.
I just played Karryn's Prison for the first time recently and I agree. That game is a real model for unique, infinitely replayable combat systems.

Reactions: andresblinky

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
Hey, just a few words to say I'm completing the content for 0.4. It will have a strong replayability in the Police Station with Raph Route. I'm working on other things right now : First stages with Ben and first steps in the red district.
The release is delayed a bit because as always I went a little too deep into details for scenes.
Overall, I think the update will be nice with the same quality as the last ones. I think I also improved in the sound design and story telling.
A release should come for everybody in february. It will come with my bonus "The Cube" for free with the public release.
I will come back with more informations when I'm done with the 0.4.

4.60 star(s) 68 Votes