gamerpro101

Aug 14, 2017
I knew to transfer my save's, I do that with most all of the unfinished RPGM games when they are updated.

What I was curious about was why saving the game seemed to be rather slow, especially when over writing and existing save.

If it was not to much trouble to explain?
There seems to be some optimization issue when your saves go past 10. I do hope he solves this because it is annoying since his games have many choices and save points.

Reactions: taglag

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
There seems to be some optimization issue when your saves go past 10. I do hope he solves this because it is annoying since his games have many choices and save points.
Yeah, thanks for answering, I mean I am running it on an SSD and that helps some with loading screen's, but does not seem to make much difference in the saving speed >> if any.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
I talked to the ugly bastard at out hotel to fuck him, but I didn't have the necessary stats.
But now my screen is black and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Sound is still playing, menu appears when I press ESC.

Is there something to reset the UI or teleport or smth ? Thanks

Sep 16, 2022
I talked to the ugly bastard at out hotel to fuck him, but I didn't have the necessary stats.
But now my screen is black and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Sound is still playing, menu appears when I press ESC.

Is there something to reset the UI or teleport or smth ? Thanks
I've had that happen when the game fails to load the image properly. The good news is the icons to change scene are usually still loaded. If you can click Go into your room at the bottom (use my screenshot for estimated position), it should change scene.

1717475720884.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: bubbacj and Orichan

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
There are 3 mistakes on that defeat. one is not giving you the 5 sexy, 2 is if you summit it counts as 2 summits in your total and the 3rd one is before you are fucked he gropes you, instead of adding one to groped it sets your total groped to one. Maelion needs to fix these and there are some more mistakes that I have found. These mistakes and one on Trog where when he fucks you in the ass, it sets your total anal sex to 1 were on the 4.1 version. I should have said something about these mistake back when 4.1 was first out.
Which part of combat are you talking about and whith whom ? be more precise, thanks.

Reactions: wildride69

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
@Maelion:
I've started a fresh playthrough with a patched 0.42.

And for the first ~3 hours I was pleasantly surprised, that the save files didn't seem to balloon up anymore (=fast saving/loading). But right after my gym revenge, the current save file ballooned to 3 MByte (=30x the size of a regular save file).

I've attached the big one and one I'd saved not too long before that (if a comparison helps).

Maybe you can find the issue (my guess is one of the plugins writing repeated stuff).
Thanks for your help, the BONDS datapad menu is the culprit.

For new playthrough, avoid opening "BONDS" at all (even once it will mess things up) on the datapad and save after. It will bloat your futures saves.
The only way for now is to save, check your bonds and load your previous save to keep a fast save slot.
Only working on new playthrough, adding a warning message. (modifié)

Userz

Dec 28, 2017

For new playthrough, avoid opening "BONDS" at all (even once it will mess things up) on the datapad and save after. It will bloat your futures saves.
The only way for now is to save, check your bonds and load your previous save to keep a fast save slot.
I'm curious, why bonds have that problem? is not a simple relationship level system?

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022

I'm happy I could help. :)

But: The warning message might not be visible enough.
I'm not even sure, if a red background would draw enough attention, but it might help a bit more:

red_warning.jpg

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
I knew to transfer my save's, I do that with most all of the unfinished RPGM games when they are updated.

What I was curious about was why saving the game seemed to be rather slow, especially when over writing and existing save.

If it was not to much trouble to explain?
Maelion has found the culprit:

If you opened BOND in the Datapad even once, then any save after that will be bloated (=so it will take ~30 times as long to write/read - but mainly the write part is quite noticable, then).

There'll be an update with a warning as a temporary solution until it gets fixed.

Reactions: taglag

Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
Does anyone know what part of the save causes the bloat? I'm wondering whether it's possible to delete or edit a section to 'fix' saves that have bloated.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
How did you change background color ?
It's just a quick proof of concept I did via Photoshop.

I know, that usually there's only one menu tileset (img\system\Window.png), but I assumed, that it should be possible (via Yanfly or OrangeHud) to use a different tileset/colors for the 'upper' save part.

Sep 16, 2022
Does anyone know what part of the save causes the bloat? I'm wondering whether it's possible to delete or edit a section to 'fix' saves that have bloated.
Doesn't seem like it.

I loaded a save, opened Bonds, and then created a new save. While the start of the save was the same when I opened both the original and bonds in a text editor, the Bonds save has to many changes and there doesn't appear to be a section you can just target easily.

With enough time, someone might be able to identify the parts that need to be removed, but digging through 3MB of text doesn't sound fun.

remplazo

Mar 18, 2021
In the mission a rissing star investigation Aline mentions she wanted to get Charlotte or Ben help for the investigation is that even possible?

meltyquestfan

Aug 2, 2020
Good concept but poor execution as the engine is so slow. Amazing outfits and scenes but the characters with also their other engine is so limited with repeated scenes and misaligned shit all over. I know you care and I love the game but it sad that it has this much limitations at this stage. You already have orb of space, whats next? orb space for the orb of space?

also the quest system is not clear at times. Could be an SS tier but ehh it is what it is.

Will play every update from now on ofc. Good luck o/

Reactions: flaweddd

Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
I've done some experimenting. I started the game, skipped the intro, saved; opened Bonds, saved again; and compared the files.

The original, quick-to-save file is 31KB. Unpacking with it has exactly 1 occurrence each of "Game_Actor" and "Game_Actors", in the following section:

Code:
            "586": 0,
            "@c": 685
          },
          "_afsMaxLevel": 10,
          "@c": 58,
          "@": "Game_Actor"
        }
      ]
    },
    "@c": 56,
    "@": "Game_Actors"
  },
  "party": {
    "_inBattle": false,
The broken file, after opening the Bonds menu, is 3,126kb. However, up to the first occurrence of "Game_Actor", it has almost exactly the same contents and structure.

After that, though, where the correct file closes the whole set out quickly with }]}, the broken file loops round again and again, adding loads more "Game_Actor" pieces. I guess those correspond to actors you might meet through the Bonds menu.

Deleting everything after the first occurrence of "Game_Actor" but before the first occurrence of "Game_Actors" fixes the file.

Now, this was right at the start of the game. It's possible that later we NEED more actors to be tracked, and such a crude solution might not be sufficient: I'll check. However, perhaps that helps someone else figure out where to go next.

(Does anyone know a better save editor for these files than saveeditonline? It would be nice to use one with a tree structure, where I can collapse each "Game_Actor" section.)

EDIT: taking an endgame file and deleting all but the first "Game_Actor" piece loads me back in the same place with the same credits and lets me continue walking around, but Aline's phantasm has been wiped. It appears then that more than one "Game_Actor" piece would need to be kept, and we'd need a way to identify which were wanted, and which were duplicates.

Last edited:

Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
Fixing save bloat - so you can save the game quickly again

Save bloat occurs when you first open the 'Bonds' menu. It creates about 560 duplicate characters within your save, that expands your save file to 100 times its original size, and makes it take ages to save.

The method below appears to have fixed my end-game file.
  • Make a copy of your current, broken save
  • Upload your current, broken save
  • It will be very long thanks to the duplicated game actors. Hit 'End' to get to the bottom.
  • "File unpack"
  • Copy text
  • New
  • Paste text
  • Tree view
  • Expand actors > _data
  • You should see @a: 590ish items.
  • Right-click on the "590ish items", and Edit Array
  • This opens table view, with the path actors._data.@a
  • Use the narrow bar in bottom-left to scroll right a little, until you see the 'name' column
  • Click the heading once to sort by name. 560ish null rows will be at the top, with 20ish named rows below them. Remember the reference number of the first named row.
  • Click back into tree view
  • Select all the null actors by clicking at the start of #0; holding shift; clicking at the end of the last one you want to delete
  • Now you've trimmed the bloat
  • Click back to table view
  • Scroll right until you find the _actorID column. It is just before the 'name' column, and has numbers from 1 to 600ish.
  • Click on the top of that column to sort it, small to large. That puts the characters back in order.
  • Click into text view. Right at the end, just before the square bracket, is a ",null". Remove this. Scroll to the top and add "null," at the top, just after the opening square bracket. You're moving the null table (which is important for everything to match up) from last to first.
  • Click "Apply" in the bottom-right. This saves the changes you just made to the actors, and returns you to the main view
  • Click back into text view so that you see everything again
  • Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
  • Return to your saveedit tab
  • Delete the text there, and Ctrl-V to replace with the test from jsonedit
  • Download filex.rpgsave
  • Replace your broken save with it
It's possibly I've missed something here that will appear later, but for now, Datapad, Phantasm, and the first few scenes all seem to be working.

Reactions: ThatWrath

remplazo

Mar 18, 2021
Found a bug, once you activate Joey event each time you want to change clothes on the oxygen bar, the rape event triggers automatically making it impossible to continue working there.

Reactions: BroembroemBoris
4.60 star(s) 73 Votes