VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Damaged Goods [Day 2 Part 2] [Yihman1 -Sinappeal]

1. 2.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Decent renders, but such atrocious dialogue. It's like every worst cliche about people who like poetry shoved into one. My favorite part is there are multiple spelling and grammatical errors too, so they didn't even get any of the good cliches either.

Aside from the lengthy orations and random quotes and sayings of little value, there's a pretty boring and nonsensical story. Somehow they managed to turn the simple task of creating an introduction into this ridiculous display of writing incompetence, these constant heavy winks and nudges like we're children who can't comprehend the most basic of symbology or analogy. It's grandiose in it's stupidity.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Belphegor666

Abandoned and for good reason - has the bdsm, male domination and female domination tags. Is complete garbage - the dialogue is stilted and wooden, the characters ramble stupid shit (in the beginning I thought it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, but no, the creator seems to think it makes his characters seem sophisticated if they keep rambling about pseudophilosophic bullshit).
    MC is female, choices exist, but don't matter too much and the bdsm content is at best some light domination and some light spanking. Good riddance.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

The story is strange and I didnt enjoyed it much. The renders are quite nice and the characters look quite attractive. The game interface is alright. The amount of the sex scenes are pretty low and it is abandoned so it will not get better.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Damaged Goods [Day 2 Part 2]

Sorry but I just don´t understand all the positive reviews here.
    This game is pretty boring, the characters are unlikeable and the story uninteresting. There´s really nothing here that makes you hope for more, so I can see why it´s abandoned.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ive-11

decent though cuz its abandone so i just give 4/5
    5/5 render n animations
    4/5 the story this what make this game is interesting
    but well thats all i can get,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

RedRicker

Pretty great so far! Renders are of great quality, music selection is nice, and dialogues are non generic. Dialogue choices are very meaningful, and I wonder how they will play out in future updates!

A suggestion: Not complaining about any slow-burn, but perhaps switch out the heavy philosophical or poetic dialogue with lighter stuff from time to time. If it occurs too often, I feel like skipping. The conversation the mc has around diets would be heard more if perhaps developed as the story continues.

Also, I did choose the Capital Punishment and Lesbian routes, but was surprised with the domme dynamic that sprung up so suddenly. Rose went from "oh, maybe she fell in the bathroom" to "You were touching yourself in my bathroom? I'm your mistress now". Nothing before this point had implied she wanted to cheat.

Looking forward to future updates; this is now one of the female-protag games I am keeping on the watching list.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

EroticMK95

As of April 16th, 2021 - Day 2 Part 2

Damaged Goods is a uniquely written story about Rose (the MC), an innocent, highly educated & wealthy dean at an academy who is also a vegan, animal rights activist who is currently engaged to a veteran with PTSD whom is also her boss' son. The story is about her life during the "Coomer-19" pandemic, a sexual parody of the current COVID-19 pandemic.

Story 1/5
    It's unique & different mostly but no one is likable unless you enjoy activist propaganda from veganism, animal rights, homelessness, sexual abstinence & vaccination. The MC is consistently preaching of her views & while unknowingly being supercilious with her wealth & education while literally having two flaws, smoking & she drives a Range Rover.

Writing 5/5
    I appreciate the writing, it's very unique in comparison to over visual novels on f95zone which brought me to the conclusion almost immediately during the first dream that is this is smut for intellectuals & for the well read.

Art 5/5
    Every female character is stunning. The sex scenes that are in there are decent. The locations are detailed nicely as well. Very good job.

Pros
    - Introduction was amazingly well done
    - Built in walkthrough mode is a great touch
    - Amazing writing, did not take it for granted
    - Everyone & everywhere is stunning
    - Unique to other VNs

Cons
    - The MC is so unknowingly smug that it annoys me.
    - Nobody is likable
    - Too much activist advocacy

Final Thoughts
    Definitely not what I thought it was going to be. I know that it's early in development but there's so much that I hated about the story so far. "Well developed characters", is pushing it as Rose is seemed to be defined by her activist nonsense, her education/professional life, her upcoming marriage & her mass wealth. Almost every solution she has is with money, she gives Lucy a job at her vegan ice cream parlor & gave away what regular people would call a lot of money ($10K+) to a family 3 when she wouldn't spend money to buy herself a dress, that her fiance ended up buying for her. This political social justice warrior nonsense is unnecessary & can scare people off who don't follow those views. The more I read, the more I concluded that this is a VN for snobs.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MajorDespair

Wasn't sure what to expect at first with this one, Female protagonists tend to be great or terrible for my tastes most of the time. This however falls into the great section. Great writing, Great renders and models, and great built in walkthrough for those who choose it, so excellent all in all in my opinion. Keep up good work!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AnimArts

Very nice renders and animations.
    And unlike many other games here there are tons of images during a conversation, not just one or two with dozens of lines of text, making this very immersive.
    Really high quality work!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

R4ND0M USER

Getting the standard stuff out of the way:

Renders are good
    Characters are good
    Sex scenes lack dialogue
    Animations are good
    and so forth

Now to the interesting part:
    The characters, MC in particular, are really well written. She has personality and ambitions and you feel the impact of most the choices as you make them (besides a lesbian only rout, who doesnt want to see lebsian scenes just because of story?? but I digress) and look hot as hell as well. The school trope has been done to death but this game gives a nice spin to it, which is refreshing.

The premise of a descision tree seems nice on the surface but it looks like a "problem" when implemented in reality. Playing different paths may be appealing to some, while others dislike replaying the same setting ( "Forced replay" to see all the content is , imo ofc, a shame really, since I personally prefere to experience all Iof what I want in one go but thats just preference. ), but for both to even matter, the paths must lead somewhere. In this early stage of development, this kind of storytelling slows the overall progression down significantly. The game as is now, presents almost no erotic content of the main character and at the same time overwhelms the player with consequenceful choices. These are by itself a great thing, as most devs dont even implement more than 3 in their VNs (although lately theres been an upswing in that tendency as well). In its present state, I would describe this game as a beautifully constructed but slightly convoluted bundle of choices with magnificent potential.

Give this game a shot, it'll be worth your time :)
  11. 3.00 star(s)

TM | Twisted Games

This was a tough game to rate. On the one hand there are a lot of positive aspects: The female MC is beautiful, the premise of her being a dean in a school is smart, and there are a lot of appealing kinks being worked in.

On the other hand the writing is way too verbose. It's like somebody found a word of the day calendar and tried to stuff them all in. There are long discourses on philosophy, veganism, etc. that don't really build much insight into the characters. The best writing is simple and concise, I felt like the story was trying to tell me how smart it's author was, and it distracts from creating a compelling main character.

This dovetails somewhat with the second flaw, which is that we get a lot of choices thrown at us before we have much context for making them. For example, asking us to choose between Jessica and Kelly as the maid of honor...I've gotten some descriptions of them in the intro, and the character has just met them in the gym...but I don't know either of them yet, the choice has no weight to it.

At any rate, I think this game has a ton of potential. I would recommend a good pass by an editor, but other than that, I look forward to seeing how it plays out...and definitely will come back to update my rating if it keeps improving.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Zargon_games

This is the first game with female protagonist that I have downloaded, I have decided to give this title a chance, as I have previously exchanged several messages with yihman1 and is a person I appreciate, so here is my objective opinion about this game:

(The Story 9/10)
    The story of the game itself is original and well written, this is one of the strong points of the game but fair warning, you have to read a little more than the average graphic novel.

(Renders 7/10)
    The renders are pretty decent altough some of them needs improvement, I'm not going to get too technical here, but I think it's something that they'll get better at over time.

(Models 8/10)
    The models of the characters are pretty nice and originals, and there are a significant number of characters in the game.

(Animations 10/10)
    The animations and the blinking eyes effect are pretty good, and the fact of including animations not only in the erotic parts is appreciated.

(UI and music 10/10)
    I loved it, they give a very professional look to the game.

In short, it is a game with some minor flaws but with a lot of potential, and if you like to play games with a female protagonist you must try this one for sure.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

brichouse

It's... weird. I don't know what else to say. It's just... weird. It seems like the game dev has thought about the story a lot, but I'm not sure if what they're hoping for is being properly translated by the presentation. I do appreciate that the dev seems really determined to give players a lot of choice when it comes to the kind of content you see (a lot of things are avoidable).

I'll probably keep playing to see if things start to feel more cohesive/less weird as the story continues...
  14. 5.00 star(s)

voskli

Really good start! If you will maintain ssuch high level for the rest of the game, the final prduct will be awesome
    One thing tho: in case you want to put some moral lesson in your story dont tell it from the mouth of retarded MC, lol. Better maybe to add some respectable character and speak your ideas through them.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

palemaster

I can't believe I missed this game. The story is interesting, the characters are deep and distinct both physicaly and in their personality. I like how the characters have natural and believable proportions.
    Rose is my favorite but I also liked the younger ones.
    All in all it is a great start and I believe you guys have have lots of potential.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Eh Yo Fish

It's a pity that one cannot give a game 2.5/5 or 5.4/10 as this is what I feel this game deserves.

I saw the high reviews and that got me excited for playing this one. Unfortunately, though not a bad game, the story is all over the place, models look nightmarish sometimes. This is not due to models looking peculiar but the renders and lighting being of very bad quality! The character expressions are particularly awful.

This game is below average and, while mildly satisfying for me, not a top or above average game.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

shanonswitch

I am in the process of playing this game. So far it has been great. I like the story line. the characters seem to come alive on the screen. The story line and the choices really are different and make the game more unique. Some days i wonder what the game maker of this game has planned.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

anna94

I love your render. The lighting setup and also the graphic are so great for the girls. You guys must have work hard on it and deserves 5 star ratings

The story are great too. Thats how a VN should be. Keep up the good work. Its a great start for a first release! well done!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

This is how a VN should be done.
    The story is fresh, the renders are great, and the ladies are all beautiful.
    The characters all have unique personalities that mesh well, and flow with the story. Even though I only played one route, I got hooked fast.
    The intro was a tad bit long, but it's ok if its the first play through. I highly recommend this VN. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here. Good luck to the devs, and lets hope there won't be a long period for updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

BondageBunny

This game takes a new spin on what I knew as a visual novels. The images are plentiful and it reads like a comic/storyboard. I think that's very unique and immerses the player in the story like a interactive movie.
    The animations are an awesome treat when you come across them and it always leaves me looking for more.
    The writing is gripping and has many layers when you look at it beyond face value.
    This is game is worth a play!