VN Dark Dimensions: A Spiritual Successor - Pre-Production Discussion

CanisMinor

Mar 13, 2018
Slight quibble on the Jazz design, from what I understand Danny is somewhere in his junior or senior year of HS in this game so Jazz should be in college by that point, right? I feel like by the time Jazz is 20 she should have a body like Maddie did when she was that age but your design makes her like like she never aged past the OG series.

Other than that the designs look good, close enough to the source material but with a bit of a personal touch added. I particularly like the little changes to Danny's costume, like it's slowly turning in to the adult version of his costume from the evil timeline.
The Sam design is also really cute.

View attachment 3658129
Because I felt like it, here. Took the original image and edited to give her a larger bust and wider hips, with a little but larger thighs. Had to change the position and angle of her arm a bit. Honestly, doesn't look that different. Of course, I had to modify things because of the different angles between the Maddie and Jazz pics, so the breasts aren't as large or wide, still tried to make it a bit more comparable.

Apologies to the OG artist. Just felt like seeing if I could do it or not, lol.
Jazz_Fenton.png

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Because I felt like it, here. Took the original image and edited to give her a larger bust and wider hips, with a little but larger thighs. Had to change the position and angle of her arm a bit. Honestly, doesn't look that different. Of course, I had to modify things because of the different angles between the Maddie and Jazz pics, so the breasts aren't as large or wide, still tried to make it a bit more comparable.

Apologies to the OG artist. Just felt like seeing if I could do it or not, lol.
View attachment 3659094
Good reference for alternate Jazz tbh

CanisMinor

Mar 13, 2018
Good reference for alternate Jazz tbh
I just took the outline of Maddie's bust and hips and used them to modify Jazz's, though not full 1:1. Then had to slightly thicken the thighs. Comparing the two, it does make Jazz look a little bit more mature, but the effect is also subtle that I doubt most would be able to tell from just a glance without them side by side, lol.

Presumably, I'm guessing alt Jazz will have a modified costume or such to help differentiate. :V

Reactions: Morah SDG

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I dont think Jazz should be as busty as her double MILF mom, but should had child birthing hips for sure. She should be a bit pear shaped.

Reactions: Nanocide

handsonfun

Oct 13, 2021
We're less worried about the anatomy of genetics passing down, and more focused on body type variety! Jazz's alternate dimension counterpart will be older, and we have plans to make her more closer to her mother's proportions. The Jazz of our prime timeline is meant to be a little more mature, but still look like Jazz. We felt it was a noble sacrifice, as not everybody can be a walking jug of Tiddy, we feel. Thanks for asking!
Does that mean we could get a teenage/young adult version of Maddie in the alternate dimension? One can only hope!

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Does that mean we could get a teenage/young adult version of Maddie in the alternate dimension? One can only hope!
...well no, if Jazz is older, than so would Maddie. That's how parents work.

CanisMinor

Mar 13, 2018
Well, I said it, so I guess now:

View attachment 3669282

Credit to the OG Artist again, because I basically just used that same outline to base things on, even if I redrew it wholesale.
Version 2, because the full black lineart was bothering me and I decided to clean it up a little. Give her a few streaks of color in the hair. Make the sweater the color of her old jumpsuit. Give her some eyeshadow. Etc.

Anyway. Gonna try and not like, spam this stuff, just, things were bothering me with the last one, so sorry 'bout that.
Maddie.png

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
New post announcing a new game engine for Dark Dimensions as well as showcasing some character portrait animation work, and some cool camera depth!

Any mods know if there will be a Godot Tag available in the future? preglovr12?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
New post announcing a new game engine for Dark Dimensions as well as showcasing some character portrait animation work, and some cool camera depth!

Any mods know if there will be a Godot Tag available in the future? preglovr12?
I think that would fall under 'other'.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It only shows up in the Games subform for some reason. It was probably a late addition and someone forgot about general discussion.
Not the worst thing then, if it was simply an oversight that can be corrected once we eventually put out an actual update.