Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So you did ? Virus or something ?
I didn't but that stuff have been spammed on the forum before and yea it's virus. Most people probably wouldn't click it anyway but there is always one person that is way too trusting that ends up falling for those things.

Reactions: Twistty

Vulgi

Jul 3, 2017
Even for a halloween event this is ... a weak "update" 2 BJ & HJ thats all .. yeah it's a good game but it should be abandoned until a propper update is released.

I have strong "Harem Guild" Vibes .. dev released a 30 second halloween updated to avoid the abandoned tag ..since then dead silence *supriced Pikachu face*

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
i am at a hard part on the game it says to continue the main story i gotta have sex with yasuko hitomu and Sada First wat does that mean ?

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Holy shit did the summertime saga's return just trigger a revival of all of the abandoned tag games???
Summertime Saga wasn't 'abandoned' per se though. Keep in mind, with that title, it was well known that the developer was doing a tech rebuild of the game, changing the game engine that they were using. Problem with that (I speak from experience here) is that even between versions of the same game engine, you rarely have everything work like it did previously. So code refactoring needs to take place to make that happen, which takes time. Depending on how big the code is, it can take upwards of a year to get the code refactored to work with the new game engine.

The 'abandoned' tag here though, doesn't really take things like code rebuilds, or similar situations where a developer has to slow, if not completely pause updates while working in the backend. Now, sure, things would flow quicker, update wise, if there's a whole team working on a development, but that's not always the case. When it's just one person working on a game, then any work that's being done is going to exponentially take longer.

Going back to what I've said earlier in this thread, there's no real tag used by the site here that accurately describes what's going on. So when people see "Abandoned" they simply assume that welp, the developer gave up and isn't doing anything more with that title. Sure, while that DOES happen, that's not always the case. I can't help but think that, unless a developer specifically comes out and states that they are abandoning a title, or something happens like with Sensei Overnight, then an "On Hold" tag should be applied, and if there is no change after a year, then "Abandoned" should be considered.

Jumping to conclusions doesn't really help anyone, and if anything creates a good bit of conflict in the various threads.

• Crown
Reactions: Twistty

gpsywolf

Sep 30, 2019
Summertime Saga wasn't 'abandoned' per se though. Keep in mind, with that title, it was well known that the developer was doing a tech rebuild of the game, changing the game engine that they were using. Problem with that (I speak from experience here) is that even between versions of the same game engine, you rarely have everything work like it did previously. So code refactoring needs to take place to make that happen, which takes time. Depending on how big the code is, it can take upwards of a year to get the code refactored to work with the new game engine.

The 'abandoned' tag here though, doesn't really take things like code rebuilds, or similar situations where a developer has to slow, if not completely pause updates while working in the backend. Now, sure, things would flow quicker, update wise, if there's a whole team working on a development, but that's not always the case. When it's just one person working on a game, then any work that's being done is going to exponentially take longer.

Going back to what I've said earlier in this thread, there's no real tag used by the site here that accurately describes what's going on. So when people see "Abandoned" they simply assume that welp, the developer gave up and isn't doing anything more with that title. Sure, while that DOES happen, that's not always the case. I can't help but think that, unless a developer specifically comes out and states that they are abandoning a title, or something happens like with Sensei Overnight, then an "On Hold" tag should be applied, and if there is no change after a year, then "Abandoned" should be considered.

Jumping to conclusions doesn't really help anyone, and if anything creates a good bit of conflict in the various threads.
True enough, however unless you are on some kind of insider information or a Patreon sub, you wouldnt know anything about whats going on on the back end of things. Therefore, as someone who is simply waiting for an update but doesnt get one for 8 months and then checks the game only to see the Abandoned tag, its only normal to assume the worst.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I honestly thought this game was abandoned for good. I haven't been following this thread for a long time now. If the dev has had medical issues or whatever than the game should have just been wrapped up or abandoned for good. Maybe I'll check back in a few years to see if anything has changed or not.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
There was a dev that literally died twice... and then again... so... :KEK:
Yeah, there is some "developers" that are something else, there is one that he cannot "work" because he have kidney stones and cannot do anything...but the best that i know is one that he is "working hard" every single day (since the game last update)....but the game don't have a single update in more than 5 years... :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: jopofus
4.30 star(s) 109 Votes