passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
I do not know why people hates HS, maybe because demographic thing. You know western/eastern thing, as an Asian, Honey Select games are hot as hell!!
I guess it's all about a personal preference
Some ppl might only liking the almost real life model like Daz and there's also some ppl whom only liking the anime-ish model like HS/Koikatu
Just like them whom always mocking a hentai fans as a nerd, but actually still watching JAV

In my country, thing like anime and manga are often called as a childish things or an anti-social person's hobbies by some ppl
I won't give a damn about their opinion, tho, and luckily I was grow up in the environtment where a fellow fan could be easily met, lol

Illusion really done a superb work for anime lover indeed :ROFLMAO:

exava

Nov 11, 2018
im having a bit of trouble, i some how missed the three way with the sister and the friend. is there a way for it to happen again or should i just start over?

Reactions: F.Lord

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
im having a bit of trouble, i some how missed the three way with the sister and the friend. is there a way for it to happen again or should i just start over?
You can check it in Book of Memory for Momoko and Kimiko if it's already unlocked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
I loved 3.0, but I can't open 3.5 on MAC. Renpy won't start at all.
Hmm? I just checked and I can normally open it I'm using Mac too.
Ohh! Maybe it's MacOS security thing which you should check by open System Preference > Security & Privacy then check below if Dark Magic needs you to allow it to be opened.

Reactions: passerbyR34

gisellepalmer

Jan 17, 2018
Hmm? I just checked and I can normally open it I'm using Mac too.
Ohh! Maybe it's MacOS security thing which you should check by open System Preference > Security & Privacy then check below if Dark Magic needs you to allow it to be opened.
hey, it won't even pop up in that menu. But if you can open it, it's probably just a problem I'm having. SUCKS

exava

Nov 11, 2018
the only thing i can do is fuck the sister (as i should) are you still implementing the rich friend??

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I do not know why people hates HS, maybe because demographic thing. You know western/eastern thing, as an Asian, Honey Select games are hot as hell!!
Does 'everyone' hate Honey Select?
It may not be up to everyone's tastes, and it does a poor job at, say, caucasian models, which really can be a problem if one tries to make a more international game - or so I assume. But then, I rarely see a good asian model in other engines.
What I could see as, say, critique-worthy are the lack of decent male models (the world stll needs some, and I've seen several of them on this site here as protagonists in at least in 2 games each) and the fact that it seems to be quite a bit of work to make faces look different. Or maybe I'm giving developers too much credit and they are all just lazy.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Does 'everyone' hate Honey Select?
It may not be up to everyone's tastes, and it does a poor job at, say, caucasian models, which really can be a problem if one tries to make a more international game - or so I assume. But then, I rarely see a good asian model in other engines.
What I could see as, say, critique-worthy are the lack of decent male models (the world stll needs some, and I've seen several of them on this site here as protagonists in at least in 2 games each) and the fact that it seems to be quite a bit of work to make faces look different. Or maybe I'm giving developers too much credit and they are all just lazy.
I can't say that Honey Select does a poor job because I like how it feels. It's up to developer's styles and their time & power that they put into the project to make HS game looks good and also feels good.

You could say that I'm lazy, but I really want male model to not look that good... Something I can relate to...

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Not everyone can relate to being ugly. :p
But what I'm more hinting at is that most protagonists in HS games are Male, Age <30, limiting the available models somewhat. So they repeat themselves, and noticably so. So I can understand that some people think "oh, not another one" when seeing HS games, given that they will immediately recognize parts of it. To be fair, that is the case with most 3d-model engines.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Not everyone can relate to being ugly. :p
But what I'm more hinting at is that most protagonists in HS games are Male, Age <30, limiting the available models somewhat. So they repeat themselves, and noticably so. So I can understand that some people think "oh, not another one" when seeing HS games, given that they will immediately recognize parts of it. To be fair, that is the case with most 3d-model engines.
Hahaha. My protagonist is not that ugly, come on. He is only a good looking guy! You right about 3D character models, I think developer are just put the small edit to the standard models.

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes