VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Dark Whispers [Final] [Nikraria]

1. 1.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

There are games with great art but poor implementation, this is one of those. Navigating with the map is a complete disaster, the day, night system is totally unnecesary, i got stuck in a mansion in chapter one and i couln't find a way to get out. The different clothes are not sexy or cute. Not sprites or CG indicating where or when you can find a person, got black screen just for sleeping in our room, etc.

It seems that, this is a series of games, but the sloppy game mechanics of this game, make me thing that the previous ones, probably are not anybetter.

Const:
    this game has to be redone from cero.

Pros:
    Maybe, the art is nice.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ShipHighInTransit

Female protag with lust meter is a great concept but a detriment to content since it goes up on rng (easy to build although). Three different protags to choose from but a tad lazy with the two buxom since they look very similar in the scenes. Great western art style and I'm looking forward to future updates and will be supporting the creator.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

I'll give it a four for now, Nikraria's art inclines me to give it some benefit of the doubt as it's really good in general and specifically here, but the game's got some issues. The interface (finding things on screen), it's got some grind to it. If this game stays four or goes five star, or if it drops lower in future versions (this was 1.2) will depend a lot on how good and how much art it gets in relation to those issues getting better (and making the game more fun) or worse (and making it grindier or in need of a walkthrough/console).
  4. 3.00 star(s)

maxx mad

Version 1.2 (read as 0.12 or even 0.012)

What do i like?
    - Great art
    - Interesting settings and story
    - Exploring a city in the early 20th century

What i dislike

- Second model already has the huge boobs i expected from the third one so play with the "little" one if you don't like airbags
    - Pixel hunting for locations, specially in main street where instead of doors, you should search for signs
    - Same for the map, you have to hunt for available locations (hint your house is one of the small squares)

Even worse
    - The engine is sluggish
    - Grinding random molesters to increase lust ...

I'm generous with the ratings; i'd rate it 2/2.5 for the art and the settings, let's round it up to 3* for now.