Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I really like how this render (for FmF) turned out, felt the need to share:

It'll be a bit yet before FmF will be ready for primetime, but RustyV has been putting me to shame on the render count, so we have quite a few renders banked already. In the meantime, enjoy!
;)
Top notch, I really like that you portray the girls as young women and not J-bait

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, I was going to do a fun Oz themed render today, but my 1080 Ti just went tits up...

Tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but to paraphrase a famous doctor, "It's dead Jim!".

It was a unique card (only 211mm long), and I'm not finding any 'high end' replacement Nvidia cards atm that are that short. Not that you could buy one anyways without paying outrageous prices... The computer HTPC setup I have atm requires a card at least that short, or I have to toss a drive that I'm using atm, or maybe do the external case/usb thing...

I do have a possible backup plan, but yeah this completely disrupts my workflow setup. Plus now I'll HAVE to buy SOMETHING, either a large 2.5" SSD or something to get my backup plan working, and I don't really trust my 'backup' rig, that's why I haven't been using it (boot fail issues). It does have dual 1080s...

I would have been building my 'dedicated rendering rig' by now except for the whole 'crypto craze hoovering up GPUs/scalpers doing their thang' thing, I suppose I could go the 'prebuilt' route but I have specific goals for my next system as far as specs, and prebuilts probably won't get me there... (seriously considering a smaller core count Threadripper pro system, but I wanted to hold off until August, when the next generation of Threadrippers are rumored to be launching).

Just not my day!
:(

In the meantime, so much for fast rendering! I suppose there's 'CPU only' but I only have 4 cores/8 threads, and I don't like the idea of burning out my APU too...

Here's one of the last renders that I did with that card.

DAMMIT!

Last edited:

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Well, I was going to do a fun Oz themed render today, but my 1080 Ti just went tits up...

Tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but to paraphrase a famous doctor, "It's dead Jim!".

It was a unique card (only 211mm long), and I'm not finding any 'high end' replacement Nvidia cards atm that are that short. Not that you could buy one anyways without paying outrageous prices... The computer HTPC setup I have atm requires a card at least that short, or I have to toss a drive that I'm using atm, or maybe do the external case/usb thing...

I do have a possible backup plan, but yeah this completely disrupts my workflow setup. Plus now I'll HAVE to buy SOMETHING, either a large 2.5" SSD or something to get my backup plan working, and I don't really trust my 'backup' rig, that's why I haven't been using it (boot fail issues). It does have dual 1080s...

I would have been building my 'dedicated rendering rig' by now except for the whole 'crypto craze hoovering up GPUs/scalpers doing their thang' thing, I suppose I could go the 'prebuilt' route but I have specific goals for my next system as far as specs, and prebuilts probably won't get me there... (seriously considering a smaller core count Threadripper pro system, but I wanted to hold off until August, when the next generation of Threadrippers are rumored to be launching).

Just not my day!
:(

In the meantime, so much for fast rendering! I suppose there's 'CPU only' but I only have 4 cores/8 threads, and I don't like the idea of burning out my APU too...

Here's one of the last renders that I did with that card.

DAMMIT!
Dude that fucking sucks. Now is the worst time to buy a GPU since forever. I'm trying to get me another 3090 at or around $1800, which is what I paid for my first one. Can't and I'm not going to dish out 3 grand. Fuck that. Sorry to hear that dude, and I know you were a HUGE contributor to this forum.

Reactions: OhWee

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
nvidia is supposed to be making "gamer only" versions of the latest cards. Ones that won't do crypto mining, so the miners won't buy them. Supposedly the prices on the "gamer only" ones will be back at the "regular" price, whatever THAT will mean. I'm from the "simulation" side of it all (kinda-sorta "gaming" but not really...but we still need the high-end cards too for our flight and racing sims). The "gamers" are just as p*ssed off about the miners scarfing up all the good GPU's too. It will be interesting to see how the market plays out for the two different card versions when they are both available. But you can bet your *ss that nVidia won't quit selling the GPU's to the miners as long as they are willing to pay what they are willing to pay already.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
nvidia is supposed to be making "gamer only" versions of the latest cards. Ones that won't do crypto mining, so the miners won't buy them. Supposedly the prices on the "gamer only" ones will be back at the "regular" price, whatever THAT will mean. I'm from the "simulation" side of it all (kinda-sorta "gaming" but not really...but we still need the high-end cards too for our flight and racing sims). The "gamers" are just as p*ssed off about the miners scarfing up all the good GPU's too. It will be interesting to see how the market plays out for the two different card versions when they are both available. But you can bet your *ss that nVidia won't quit selling the GPU's to the miners as long as they are willing to pay what they are willing to pay already.
Still won't be able to get a good card this year, the chip shortage is likely to last until 2022.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes