Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I think it's someone else's work and certainly not yours because you are incapable of it
BlahBlah "AI is bad mmmmmkay..." Let's rebel against it on the internet instead of learning it. Because wether we like it or not it won't go away.

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
BlahBlah "AI is bad mmmmmkay..." Let's rebel against it on the internet instead of learning it. Because wether we like it or not it won't go away.
AI is not necessarily a bad thing, but the overuse and overreliance is tiresome. Just like I don't want to go a event to hear lifeless music constructed by an algorithm or go to the gallery to look at pixels arranged using the same set of principles, hanging on the walls. It's fine hearing it for a short while riding in an elevator, or seeing a lifeless picture hanging on the wall of a waiting room. And just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should.

Reactions: rolmac and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
AI is not necessarily a bad thing, but the overuse and overreliance is tiresome. Just like I don't want to go a event to hear lifeless music constructed by an algorithm or go to the gallery to look at pixels arranged using the same set of principles, hanging on the walls. It's fine hearing it for a short while riding in an elevator, or seeing a lifeless picture hanging on the wall of a waiting room. And just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should.
Yup! robots should be doing the menial tedious tasks freeing up humans to create art

Reactions: Big Rooster

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Like any medium, AI art can be shit or not, just like 3D and 2D art, depends on who produces it, + time, experience etc... As for the overuse, it's the latest trending shit, it's understandable.

Reactions: Donnow Natate

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
Like any medium, AI art can be shit or not, just like 3D and 2D art, depends on who produces it, + time, experience etc... As for the overuse, it's the latest trending shit, it's understandable.
IMHO... we all like pretty girls (at least most of us) especially buxom blonde teens like Dee, but... I'm thinking, that portraits that depict models other than MrDots DMD models are better suited to another thread, something like this one.

Reactions: oaiki

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
IMHO... we all like pretty girls (at least most of us) especially buxom blonde teens like Dee, but... I'm thinking, that portraits that depict models other than MrDots DMD models are better suited to another thread, something like this one.
For once, most of the 3D modelers are far from producing a 100% accurate Dee either so I don't see why I should be relegated to that closet far away mixed with random stuff. Secondly, I know you believe AI is just pushing a button repeatdly until something good enough materializes (and granted, there's some of that :D ), but I actually trained models with the original pictures from the game, which makes my accuracy better in some cases than the 3D models fan artists are using. I'm just choosing to make her look realistic most of the time, but I could make her look as a 3D render and she'd look closer to the original than most of the 3D fan arts.

I think the real issue is that you can't bear that what you perceive as "too easy" work get as many likes as traditional 3D renders. That's what I thought when I posted my Dee+Klimt style pictures last time and you immediately made 5 posts in a row when you could have done one, just so we move faster to the next page without these dirty AI posts you don't like.

A good picture is a good picture, viewers don't care about how much effort went into it, they just judge what they see. So if you're unhappy because an AI post gets 10-15% more likes than your renders (Spoiler : you shouldn't, that's not a significant difference) : Just use 3D for what it's best at.

3D is still 3000% superior to AI for character consistency and for whenever you want to show more than 2 distinct characters.
Yet a lot of 3D artists just make solo stuff with Dee. And not only that but very often lighting is mediocre, and picture is noisy, which is easily fixable in 10 sec with many 2D tools, like Photoshop or Topaz products, you don't have to render 24h to remove the noise. There's a billion things to know before you can produce a good looking image, no matter what medium you use : light, facial expressions, posing are important for any form of visual art. Yet most people don't go beyond average posing and rendering with a basic/bad lighting.

And it's fine, for most people it's just a cool creative outlet, not a grind to become the best 3D artist of all time and work in VFX or Gaming industry. But for those who care (you seem to), try to improve your stuff instead of trying to make others move away. Or try AI yourself, so you understand it's not as easy as it looks.

In any case, I think 3D and AI can cohabitate. It's not like I'm flooding the thread with 30 pictures a day (but I could if you ask me to :D ) and even if it seems I'm criticising 3D renders in this thread (which I did even before AI was a thing, btw) when I like a render I give credit, I don't see 3D as competition as you seem to do with AI.

All in all, it's just some fun occupation for people who all like the same thing : DmD. So let's strive to make cool pictures and hopefully stop caring so much about what medium we use.

TL;DR : I will continue to post my Dee related content in this thread, but thanks for giving me the AI thread link, I will post stuff unrelated to DmD there.

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
For once, most of the 3D modelers are far from producing a 100% accurate Dee either so I don't see why I should be relegated to that closet far away mixed with random stuff. Secondly, I know you believe AI is just pushing a button repeatdly until something good enough materializes (and granted, there's some of that :D ), but I actually trained models with the original pictures from the game, which makes my accuracy better in some cases than the 3D models fan artists are using. I'm just choosing to make her look realistic most of the time, but I could make her look as a 3D render and she'd look closer to the original than most of the 3D fan arts.

I think the real issue is that you can't bear that what you perceive as "too easy" work get as many likes as traditional 3D renders. That's what I thought when I posted my Dee+Klimt style pictures last time and you immediately made 5 posts in a row when you could have done one, just so we move faster to the next page without these dirty AI posts you don't like.

A good picture is a good picture, viewers don't care about how much effort went into it, they just judge what they see. So if you're unhappy because an AI post gets 10-15% more likes than your renders (Spoiler : you shouldn't, that's not a significant difference) : Just use 3D for what it's best at.

3D is still 3000% superior to AI for character consistency and for whenever you want to show more than 2 distinct characters.
Yet a lot of 3D artists just make solo stuff with Dee. And not only that but very often lighting is mediocre, and picture is noisy, which is easily fixable in 10 sec with many 2D tools, like Photoshop or Topaz products, you don't have to render 24h to remove the noise. There's a billion things to know before you can produce a good looking image, no matter what medium you use : light, facial expressions, posing are important for any form of visual art. Yet most people don't go beyond average posing and rendering with a basic/bad lighting.

And it's fine, for most people it's just a cool creative outlet, not a grind to become the best 3D artist of all time and work in VFX or Gaming industry. But for those who care (you seem to), try to improve your stuff instead of trying to make others move away. Or try AI yourself, so you understand it's not as easy as it looks.

In any case, I think 3D and AI can cohabitate. It's not like I'm flooding the thread with 30 pictures a day (but I could if you ask me to :D ) and even if it seems I'm criticising 3D renders in this thread (which I did even before AI was a thing, btw) when I like a render I give credit, I don't see 3D as competition as you seem to do with AI.

All in all, it's just some fun occupation for people who all like the same thing : DmD. So let's strive to make cool pictures and hopefully stop caring so much about what medium we use.

TL;DR : I will continue to post my Dee related content in this thread, but thanks for giving me the AI thread link, I will post stuff unrelated to DmD there.
I look forward to seeing models closely based on the DMD game, in this thread.
As a side a note, I like most of your stuff, and who wouldn't like to see more cute busty blonde babes in the world!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes