Mr. Scribbly

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
I assume that because we were told to make sure to fill out the side character menu before finishing chapter 1, all those characters will return, some maybe even having a bigger role than mere side characters eventually.

I'd actually like it if all the female side characters could become proper Love Interests, should be enough room in the crest for all of them, just as a menu there that leads to "optional Love Interests" so the main screen won't become too crowded.
That's the plan :p

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
I could in theory release an android port, but it'd be completely untested because I don't have access to an android device. If there's a demand for it, I can do it, but again, I won't be able to test anything on it.
Daybreak Nightbreak [v9.7] [Mr. Scribbly]

ANDROID: -

In my first attempt at making an Android version, the interface went crazy and the dialogue got cut off. I’m not great with interfaces, but I made some tweaks to the gui.rpy file so the dialogue would be fully visible. The test was done on Android version 14. Just a heads-up for anyone playing: there’s an option in the “menu” to change the text box opacity. I’ve attached the modified 'gui.rpy' file.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I assume that because we were told to make sure to fill out the side character menu before finishing chapter 1, all those characters will return, some maybe even having a bigger role than mere side characters eventually.
I have finished chapter 1 without 4 of the side characters.

Yep! Chapter 2 already has a few side characters transitioned over to the "main" category, and all of them will have some effect on Chapter 2 (depending on if you interacted with them or not).
If you leave some blank spaces in the side characters menu, are those characters blocked in chapter 2?

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
I have finished chapter 1 without 4 of the side characters.

If you leave some blank spaces in the side characters menu, are those characters blocked in chapter 2?
If you haven't unlocked the vampire then she's gone for good.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
If you haven't unlocked the vampire then she's gone for good.
Actually, they are the two waitresses who want a raise in exchange for sex. And the goblins who have sex while the MC sleeps. Others I don't want to know anything about are the gangster's daughter who has sex with quite a few members of the gang, according to her own words, and the twins who are used to having sex, among others, with their mother's boyfriends and from the conversation I suspect that they do it also to improve their grades, among other things.

HELIO CESAR

May 30, 2018
Yeah, it definitely didn't land as intended, but it's completely optional, luckily.
I'm looking into either reworking it or removing it entirely to keep one canon story for her, but that might take a bit.
Nah bro i don't know if you are making this game as a passion project or to make money (it's ok if so), when i got to tsumi part (9.5.1) i found it amusing, but knew instantly someone would come here and cry about it.
Tell your story man, if you don't mind getting ride this segment of the story you do you, but these fuckers here whine too much. It was kinda of a fresh air to dabble into the 4th wall with her, mainly i telling her that i couldn't listen to her :KEK:. Her story reminded me a bit of Detroit Become Human menu's scene after the ending.
Anyway good luck with the game, some other time i maybe drop a more in depth review about it.

Reactions: Mr. Scribbly

Mr. Scribbly

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
Nah bro i don't know if you are making this game as a passion project or to make money (it's ok if so), when i got to tsumi part (9.5.1) i found it amusing, but knew instantly someone would come here and cry about it.
Tell your story man, if you don't mind getting ride this segment of the story you do you, but these fuckers here whine too much. It was kinda of a fresh air to dabble into the 4th wall with her, mainly i telling her that i couldn't listen to her :KEK:. Her story reminded me a bit of Detroit Become Human menu's scene after the ending.
Anyway good luck with the game, some other time i maybe drop a more in depth review about it.
I appreciate it! I personally thought it was interesting edge to the character, but I also recognize that it has issues. I don't have any plans to add something like that again at this point (although that can always flip back if it has support), but I think the biggest issue was forcing it onto people as part of the main story.

Evidently it was controversial, which was unfortunate, but I understand why. If I were to re-add something 4th wall-y in the future, I'd make it optional, but also make it very clear what people were getting into from the start lol

Reactions: HELIO CESAR

Mr. Scribbly

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
Depends. Some characters just won't show up at all, as is already present in Chapter 2 so far. Others will have dialogue changes/minor variations. There's gonna be ways to avoid stuff you don't like in Chapter 2, so I wouldn't expect anything too far from vanilla (depending on your opinion of vanilla) forced down your throat (or theirs :p)

Mr. Scribbly

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
Daybreak Nightbreak [v9.7] [Mr. Scribbly]

ANDROID: PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

In my first attempt at making an Android version, the interface went crazy and the dialogue got cut off. I’m not great with interfaces, but I made some tweaks to the gui.rpy file so the dialogue would be fully visible. The test was done on Android version 14. Just a heads-up for anyone playing: there’s an option in the “menu” to change the text box opacity. I’ve attached the modified 'gui.rpy' file.
Appreciate that, by the way! Again, I have no way of testing Android (or Apple for that matter), so I was worried about just raw-releasing a port.
Plus, the game has a lot of old code from when I was still learning, so I was nearly certain there would be issues on mobile with gui formatting and such.

Thanks for the help!

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Actually, they are the two waitresses who want a raise in exchange for sex. And the goblins who have sex while the MC sleeps. Others I don't want to know anything about are the gangster's daughter who has sex with quite a few members of the gang, according to her own words, and the twins who are used to having sex, among others, with their mother's boyfriends and from the conversation I suspect that they do it also to improve their grades, among other things.
Ah so the girls are off fucking other people huh. Thanks for the info. Was about to download this but glad I read this.

Reactions: Chris2041

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Ah so the girls are off fucking other people huh. Thanks for the info. Was about to download this but glad I read this.
1) these girls are side characters.
2) the gangster's daughter appeared only once and the gangster event is an optional event so you don't even have to do it to progress the story.
3) twins never said that they fucked their mother's boyfriends. Although one of them is a huge slut. The other twin is a virgin.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
2) the gangster's daughter appeared only once and the gangster event is an optional event so you don't even have to do it to progress the story.
3) twins never said that they fucked their mother's boyfriends. Although one of them is a huge slut. The other twin is a virgin.
Ah. Welp sadly the dev said they're making some of them main LI's so if any of the hoes are LI's I'm not interested. Not a big deal not asking for anything just not my thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Tsusaku

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Which is actually what we were talking about.

Quite a few of the side characters are optional to progress the story. However, some aren't, such as the girls in the office.

From the conversation it seems pretty clear to me that the slut one did it. She doesn't say it directly, but that's the impression I get.

On the other hand, I'm not interested in the non-slut twin because she's in a pack with the other one. So, unless you can make their paths separate, it's as if they both were sluts, because the one that is, closes all possibility of progressing with the one that is not.

Ah. Welp sadly the dev said they're making some of them main LI's so if any of the hoes are LI's I'm not interested. Not a big deal not asking for anything just not my thing.
If I understand correctly, the idea is to give the player the opportunity to choose whether to romance certain side characters or to avoid them if the player doesn't like them.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Depends. Some characters just won't show up at all, as is already present in Chapter 2 so far. Others will have dialogue changes/minor variations. There's gonna be ways to avoid stuff you don't like in Chapter 2, so I wouldn't expect anything too far from vanilla (depending on your opinion of vanilla) forced down your throat (or theirs :p)
Sleep sex is not vanilla.

I consider the ones who offer sex for a raise to be basically prostitutes, so it would have been nice to be able to refuse when offered instead of having to roll back or load a previous save.

No matter how vanilla the slutty characters' scenes are, it doesn't make them any less slutty.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes