DAZ Duplicate Formulas Error -Any Suggestions?

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Hey Folks...

I've loaded a shit ton of assests to my Daz... and now when I try to load up a Gen 8 Female... it takes forever and I get a
Duplicate Formulas Error

I searched the net and found this...
First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don't have them or don't have them installed.
The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.
1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you'll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it's the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
3) Dial the morph to make sure it works and then zero it again.
4) at one end of the dial you'll see a little "cog", click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
6) Set the color to 254, 254, 254 and click OK.
7) Click "Accept" at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
8) After that window closes go "File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets".
DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.
You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

Referring to #2
How do you find the OFFENDING morph(s) by looking at the parameters tab? I got lots of assets in the parameters tab.

I've tried looking in the log, but that has a ton in it as well.... it looks like the issue deals with the Gen 8 Female head.... anyway to reload the Generic Gen 8 Female, or am I going in the wrong direction for a fix?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I would try, un installing, and re installing only half.

if any issues come up, uninstall, and only reinstall half of the first half. doing a type of infinite division to find the issues.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You have to look at the log, look where it tells you where the duplicate formulas are, and delete the folder that causes them.

If you want, upload the log and I'll take a look at it.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
MGomez
Thanks for the offer (and anyone else who cares to lend a hand)

I looked through the log and found "a" culprit... Daphne... so I deleted file folder. I am curious if I were to reload the asset if it would work?

Anyway, I seem to have a bunch of other warnings/errors, so if you have any Daz-Fu you could lend... please take a look.

When I load a Gen 8 Female generic... it starts to load.... then shits itself... then loads. It takes about a minute to get the asset in the window (down from about 3 minutes with the Duplicate error)

Any Suggestions?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Well, I haven't seen any "duplicate formula" warning so what you deleted worked.
You can also work if you have errors of "duplicate formula" but if for example you want to use some program of automatic rendering to make several renders of your scenes at night, it's going to be a problem, because when you load the file it will give you that error and until you accept it it will not go ahead... so it doesn't make sense to use these utilities of rendering, so better to correct the errors of "duplicate formula" ;)

As for the multiple errors you have of "Could not find output property for formula: ...", I'm not 100% sure but I think they are warnings that what you try to load (in this case the base figure Genesis 8 Female) has links to certain morphs that you don't have installed, and warns you, but you can work without problem.

Now, as I see that you have many, you may not have installed the "basic morphs", which is highly recommended, so try to install them and see if the errors decrease:
https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/page-37#post-1940031

Any doubt let me know :)

Reactions: lancelotdulak

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Hey Thanks....

I got it from crapping out and having to click "ok"...

I just have to look through and see what the missing item my be (if that is what is causing the warnings now)

Cheers!

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hey Thanks....

I got it from crapping out and having to click "ok"...

I just have to look through and see what the missing item my be (if that is what is causing the warnings now)

Cheers!
Some of the ones I saw are sure of the basic morphs, so if you install all these packages I think it will greatly reduce the warnings that appear in the log.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well, I haven't seen any "duplicate formula" warning so what you deleted worked.
Just for reference, here's what "duplicate formulas" are usually about. When asset creators create morphs, they have to name them. One of the kind of morphs is a "Joint Controlled Morph". When a character's knee bends, for example, it's possible for the mesh points on the inside of the knee not to work correctly. So, what the creator will do is to create a morph that fixes that, and then arrange for it to be "invoked" as the character's knee bends. So the application of the morph is controlled by the joint. Hence "Joint Controlled Morph." Note that these morphs are normally hidden - you never see them, but they're there. The problem comes because these morphs still have to be named, and it's possible for two different artists to choose the same name for their JCM. Then Daz finds out that there are two different places where "knee joint causes JCM named 'x' to be invoked", and complains about "duplicate formula," because it only expects there to be one of these.

For stuff sold thru the Daz store, Daz usually either ensures that the JCM's are named uniquely, or else when one slips thru, they have the creator do an update to the package and re-release it to fix the issue. But sometimes people end with and old version, not the updated version. Alternately, if you get content from non-Daz locations, there's always the possibility that two different vendors selling on two different stores may "collide." Again, frequently they get updated, but not always.

JCM's aren't the only place that something like this can happen, but it's an example of what's going on. Usually, you can still use the asset even so, but, as was pointed out, it can sometimes be a problem if you were going to try to do batch rendering or something like that.

As for the multiple errors you have of "Could not find output property for formula: ...", I'm not 100% sure but I think they are warnings that what you try to load (in this case the base figure Genesis 8 Female) has links to certain morphs that you don't have installed, and warns you, but you can work without problem.
These are completely normal, and can be ignored. As was pointed out, this is a situation in which an asset you have references an asset you don't. It frequently happens with morph packs. If, for example, I install a morph pack that has morphs for both G3 and G8 and I don't actually have G8 installed, Daz will complain about morphs that reference the G8 properties because it can't find the G8 properties that are reference. Usually it's not that gross, but it's not uncommon for morph packs and things like that to have special versions for specific characters, and if you don't have that character installed, you get the warning. Hopefully you see what I mean.

Basically, there is a LOT of cruft in the log file. I wish Daz would do something to help clean it up, but it is what it is.

So "Could not find output property" - ignore. "Duplicate formula" - worth investigating to find which pair of assets are conflicting and see if there's an update that fixes it.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Rich
Thanks for taking the time to explain all that...

Helps make sense out of all of it!

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
I've loaded a shit ton of assests to my Daz... and now when I try to load up a Gen 8 Female... it takes forever and I get a
Duplicate Formulas Error
Duplicate Formulas Error in newer DAZ versions is caused by Muffin Morphs for Growing Up.

Delete this shit, and everything will be all right again.

Reactions: Whisky Priest

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Hello,
I have a similar problem (the whole body)... and I have read all your messages and advices.
However, where do I go to find the log file?
I can not find it.
Thanks for your help (I will surely be back).

Last edited:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello,
I have a similar problem (the whole body)... and I have read all your messages and advices.
However, where do I go to find the log file?
I can not find it.
Thanks for your help (I will surely be back).
That doesn't look like a duplicate formula error, but rather that unwanted morphs are being applied to the character.
Does it happen to you with only one? or if you load the base model does it also happen to you?

In any case, load the character, select it in scene tab, right click on the parameters tab and select "show hidden", then look for the active morphs, some of them are causing those deformations.

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
That doesn't look like a duplicate formula error, but rather that unwanted morphs are being applied to the character.
Does it happen to you with only one? or if you load the base model does it also happen to you?

In any case, load the character, select it in scene tab, right click on the parameters tab and select "show hidden", then look for the active morphs, some of them are causing those deformations.
Unfortunately, I have it with all of my female characters.

I followed your advice and found only 5 active morphs in "Actor":
- "default shape" (which does not produce any modification when deactivated),
- that of the character's body,
- "zilpha body" (which produces a very slight modification once deactivated),
- that of the head of the character,
- "zilpha head" (same as the "body") ... and that with 3 controlled characters (that's hundreds of thousands of verified morphs).

Where can I find the log file?

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Help>troubleshouting>view log file
(purge everything before loading your char)
Thank you.

I was able to extract this log (see attachment) ... there are a lot of error messages.

Could someone advise me on "what to do"?
(don't ask me to uninstall or remove everything or whatever else ... I have more than 2TB of data)

Thanks for your understanding and help.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Thank you.

I was able to extract this log (see attachment) ... there are a lot of error messages.

Could someone advise me on "what to do"?
(don't ask me to uninstall or remove everything or whatever else ... I have more than 2TB of data)

Thanks for your understanding and help.
Most errors looks harmless. If I read correctly and not too drunk you have only one duplicate formula located here :
/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DeviousDolls/Daphne/FHMDaphne.dsf

For your problem, load a g8f default model in an empty scene, and what you are looking for is a morph(s) that is at 100% (or 1.0) but not currently used, like this :

DAZStudio_XY406cs5qp.png

See? "100%" is greyed instead of white and will not appear under "currently used".
Once you found the culprits, save as, support asset, save modified asset.

Last edited:

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Most errors looks harmless. If I read correctly and not too drunk you have only one duplicate formula located here :

For your problem, load a g8f default model in an empty scene, and what you are looking for is a morph(s) that is at 100% (or 1.0) but not currently used, like this :

View attachment 753416

See? "100%" is greyed instead of white and will not appear under "currently used".
Thank you.

Not being home for the weekend, I will test this when I get home Sunday evening.

I will come back to you to tell you what it is.

In the meantime, have a good weekend.

At home, there is rain and it feels good after ten days in the heat and without too much drafts ... it refreshes and what am I doing.

Until Sunday evening.

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017

View attachment 753416

Thank you my friend for the advice you gave me and I hope you had a good weekend.

I spent all night on it to do tests with several characters ... everything is not working correctly but I know where to go to make my modifications ... and I still have my duplicates ... but hey ... I'm getting used to it.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread patiently explaining the core of the problem. This is a huge flaw and that has mostly because of their insistence on YouTube pop-up warnings.
And as I understand it so I can the time Dad's itself is causing these problems.
I'm at the point I just delete the scene. What we need is a script or program to check so you can or a folder that seems for problems something to do just automatically close warning pop-ups.

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm coming back to you because my male characters are also assigned to "Duplicate".
Attached is a photo that shows my character's left eye is wrong ... the pupil should be dilated like the right ... except all of my male characters have this problem (not to mention the torso deformities when I gives it a position).
In short ... I can't find the problem and in the "shaping", everything is normal.
Thank you in advance for your help (I also attach the log file).