3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Don't trust in what the task manager is showing you. Get another programm like HWmonitor or MSI Afterburner and you will see that your GPU is working when you render. I think the taskmanager can't see the Cuda cores(which are doing most of the rendering work) or something like that.

Also if your whole scene is bigger than your VRAM, DAZ will switch to your CPU and RAM for rendering. (At least thats what i read somewhere)
Nice call. I ran HWMonitor this time and it showed the GPU was constant at 98% - !00% utilization during the render. I never considered Task Manager wouldn't report on the Cuda core usage. I knew the VRAM wasn't the issue because I was just rendering "vanilla" brand new DAZ tutorial renders...no exotic lights, etc. HWMonitor confirmed that also and at least those numbers agreed with what Task Manager was showing about the memory usage.

Learned something new today. Thanks!

SecsMurphy

Dec 25, 2018
What should i doing i want create a game of own using daz models

1. Learn DAZ and how to create basic renders.
2. Learn Renpy (or some other game platform, but Renpy seems easy enough)
3. Storyboard your game.
4. Create your renders.
5. Put it together.

There is plenty of info on how to create a game and on creating Daz renders. Google some tutorials and try putting together a short game. Then move on from there.

Gamester24

Apr 18, 2018
1. Learn DAZ and how to create basic renders.
2. Learn Renpy (or some other game platform, but Renpy seems easy enough)
3. Storyboard your game.
4. Create your renders.
5. Put it together.

There is plenty of info on how to create a game and on creating Daz renders. Google some tutorials and try putting together a short game. Then move on from there.
thanks man can i ask you for help if needed

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
Hi all. My first post here. After lurking for a while and going through almost this entire thread, I finally decided to download DAZ and see if I could do it. The last 6 hours have been an adventure. I've gone through the first 2 tutorials in DAZ and created 7 renders. Gonna post them (hopefully using the spoiler tags the correct way).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So then I got frisky. Decided to try some of the "move my POV and the model parts around" adjustments. Nothing else...no messing with lights, etc, yet. I'm gonna tag these NSFW, but the purists here will realize the models are still missing some parts (*cough*) yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lots of room for improvement, but I was honestly surprised the way they rendered. I didn't expect what I got for the first time doing it.

I did run into one issue I can't figure out how to "fix" though. And I have searched this site and the DAZ forums, and the info I saw is confusing to me, and outright conflicting depending on who says what. I have the hardware to do IRay, but my renders never use my GPU. CPU goes 100% right from the render start. I've seen all kinds of "this is the problem" posts spread out over the past year-ish of posts, and I'm not sure what I should try right now. The 7 renders above average between 3 to 7 minutes render time, and I'm not even sure if that is "average" for just using my CPU right now. Anyhow, here's my computer specs:

Win 10 Pro 64
i7 6700k 4.00GHz (OC'd to 4.20GHz)
GTX1080 (8GB)
32GB RAM
etc, etc

I've monitored Task Manager during the renders and the GPU memory never goes above 6GB during a render. So...

It shouldn't be a hardware problem. I use the computer for state-of-the-art simulation software (flight sims and racing sims) and it never cuts a sweat. The "help me" posts I've seen seem to be divided between it being an nVidia problem...or a DAZ problem...or a driver problem...or an "I just got out of the wrong side of the bed today" problem. I did IT in the Air Force for 26 years, but I admit even after researching a solution, my head is still spinning. I'm gonna assume some (many?) people here have encountered the issue and solved it. What is the "best" way to go about it for now, without just "flipping a coin" and doing something that ISN'T necessary? Appreciate any insight.

Looking forward to learning more (lots to learn yet) about DAZ and contributing more render posts here.
Let me start this by saying i have no idea why this worked or if it'll help you.

I recently upgraded my card after i got into Daz. I went from a 970 4gb to a RTX 2060 6gb and didnt not see any noticable change in speed or size of renders. So after alot of uninstall and reinstall of drivers without any luck i ended up crying, screaming and threathning my PC with bodily harm. I then uninstalled the driver with one of those programs that claims to remove all the files that normal installs dont, ran Advanced System Care and restartede PC before installing the driver. Finally there was a noticeable improvment across the board using Daz.
My best guess is that there was something left from the uninstall that messed with my drivers. Also a few weeks later my Windows to go BSOD and i reinstall my windows and Daz from scratch that apperently gave another boost to Daz.

When starting to render i follow these steps to start.

1. finish and save the render
2. Restart PC
3. Don't start any programs and close any programs running in the background like google/discord/malewarebyts ect.
4. Start Daz and load the render and mess with any of the settings execept switching to the camera you wanna render from.
5. Hit Render and hopefully see the wonderful GPU in the little grey progress box.

This process lets me Render stuff on my GPU that would otherwise got to CPU. My best guess is that it needs more of your GPU to start the render then the actual process of rendering. Once the render is started i can browse the internet and use my PC like i normaly do aside from gaming.

I hope some of this helps you or anyone else taking the time to read it.

Reactions: Namco15
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes