3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
After trying a number of environment assets, I came across downtown loft living. With its setup like the scene for a spaghetti western, the backdrops give the impression of a full city out the window, without the computer load from full building models.

This building asset however does have lighting issues. The location of the adjacent buildings placed limitations on the sun angles that could be effectively used for daytime lighting. Also no internal light sources were available for rendering evening / night scenes.

The image below is following correction of the above problems and also some re-configuring of the building internals. In the spoiler below I have included some further images of the revised apartment and a list of the changes made. Also attached in the zip file is the scene subset should you wish to use in your renders.
Apartment_03.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
After trying a number of environment assets, I came across downtown loft living. With its setup like the scene for a spaghetti western, the backdrops give the impression of a full city out the window, without the computer load from full building models.

This building asset however does have lighting issues. The location of the adjacent buildings placed limitations on the sun angles that could be effectively used for daytime lighting. Also no internal light sources were available for rendering evening / night scenes.

The image below is following correction of the above problems and also some re-configuring of the building internals. In the spoiler below I have included some further images of the revised apartment and a list of the changes made. Also attached in the zip file is the scene subset should you wish to use in your renders.
View attachment 115790

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You could always delete the city backdrops from the main render and use alpha channels, get the lighting just right, then add the city backdrops back in using Gimp or Photoshop.

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
Cam01.04.png Figure and background rendered at different times.. drop shadow made in photoshop( I realize once the shadow hits the wall it should slightly distort upwards but that might be a little too much postwork to make feasible) ... The joys of not having a better cpu:coldsweat:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You could always delete the city backdrops from the main render and use alpha channels, get the lighting just right, then add the city backdrops back in using Gimp or Photoshop.
The city backdrop is 3 dimensional, hence to make it part of the scene I need to render it along with the internal apartment render. As you can see in the image below the scene changes dependent upon camera angle and light source. I am undertaking renders from inside the apartment at the base of the image.
City.jpg

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
This thread needs more guys.
Shakes fist @carnalcardinal . I HAD a plan for today. I was going to work on my VN and things around the house. But nooooo... I saw this post and an idea jumped into my head! (I watched the Divinci Code Trilogy last night LOL) I ended up making over a dozen renders of angelish guys! About half I discarded, I will post a couple here. If you want to see the remaining ones, check out my for the other guys.
Wrath
The Brotherhood had become too complacent. The Elders had long ago abandoned guidance or action. Samael desired a new direction for the Brotherhood... a Dark direction.
'Wrath' would become the defining word for the new Dark Brotherhood Samael was to create.

Wrath.png

Truth
Disturbed by the path the Brotherhood had taken under the leadership of Samael, Gabriel forms another, more peaceful faction. This faction became known as 'Truth'.
Truth.png

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
The city backdrop is 3 dimensional, hence to make it part of the scene I need to render it along with the internal apartment render. As you can see in the image below the scene changes dependent upon camera angle and light source. I am undertaking renders from inside the apartment at the base of the image.
View attachment 115805
If I'm understanding this correctly (and as I think carnalcardinal means), if the light catches the outside buildings preventing the light you want, wouldn't you just render in layers to cheat the light?

Hide everything outside the window (hide, or delete, or change their visibility via the Surfaces tab and 'cutout opacity' set to 0.0 for respective materials, hide the environment HDRI to get an alpha channel on the image), play with the light and then render the inside. Then, just invert that process (hide the inside, unhide the environment HDRI, and render the outside, possibly after playing with the light again to make sure it looks feasible). Then, just layer the images in GIMP or Photoshop?

Reactions: thecardinal

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hello, Friends, You Can Post All TYpe of DAZ3D Art/renders.

(snip)
Just a thought. It might not hurt to add N.S.F.W. to the thread title. We have some people using spoiler tags, others are not, but in reality this IS a NSFW thread, so spoiler tags are just an annoyance. There's lots of 'unspoiled' nudity in this thread already!

Reactions: GodGoku

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 115805
This is a way I prefere too. Postwork Backdrops are nice for fast work, but a 3D scene is superior when you reach for Photorealism. Espeacially when you work the scene in layers to enhance the DoF of the camera while rendering.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Okay simple Question. Is this Effort?
Simple lighting with a single HDRI but propper settings in the Tone Mapping - Effort?
Original Character but made beforehand - Effort?
One click pose but hands adjusted to the clothing - Effort?
No postwork done just a drawn HDRI by iRay - Effort?
Clothing are adjusted to a Genesis 3 Prop (The Shibari Rope) not her body. The rope itselfs is AutoFit to her - Effort?
To design the whole scene it tooks 20 minutes the rendering ~5 minutes - Effort?
The composition follows the rules of the golden ratio provides by the third grid - Effort?

MayBeEffort.jpg

I think every decent human being with an IQ above room temperature should see, that terms like "effort" have lost their meaning thanks to overusing in the internet.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
If I'm understanding this correctly (and as I think carnalcardinal means), if the light catches the outside buildings preventing the light you want, wouldn't you just render in layers to cheat the light?

Hide everything outside the window (hide, or delete, or change their visibility via the Surfaces tab and 'cutout opacity' set to 0.0 for respective materials, hide the environment HDRI to get an alpha channel on the image), play with the light and then render the inside. Then, just invert that process (hide the inside, unhide the environment HDRI, and render the outside, possibly after playing with the light again to make sure it looks feasible). Then, just layer the images in GIMP or Photoshop?
Whilst I am sure the method you propose would work, it is far easier to just move the building props in the asset and fix the shadow problem permanently. Essentially I am upgrading to a higher floor with a better light, by moving the other city props.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Just a thought. It might not hurt to add N.S.F.W. to the thread title. We have some people using spoiler tags, others are not, but in reality this IS a NSFW thread, so spoiler tags are just an annoyance. There's lots of 'unspoiled' nudity in this thread already!
This is an N.S.F.W. site, everything in here is nsfw. It is implied.

Reactions: epw14

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There are those that view this site on the bus/subway on their way home from work, etc. on the 'down low' and I've seen a few people mention that, even though this site deals in NSFW stuff, people aren't going to pay much attention to a wall of text. A doggie fucking some gal though...

Also, if your kid or less than understanding S.O. just happens to walk in the room while you are checking out this site, and some pic you weren't expecting pops up while you are scrolling...

Which is why some people here like to have nudity under spoiler tags, or a NSFW warning on a thread.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes