3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
View attachment 1082896 I've been trying to learn how to make betterr animations by hand since I don't like 30 frame loops. I believe I am getting the hang of it. I know there is a janky movement on the lips around the end but it was a simple frame placement error. I was just too lazy to fix it since this is just a training anim I made in 30 minutes. Will fix the lip movement and add additional movements to the hand and rest of the hair. What do you think? Comments are welcome.
1cc513a.gif
And this is the fixed/rendered version of it in 720p. Sadly, rendering something like that to use in-game is highly impractical with my current rig since I am rendering everything else in 4K and 100 images 30mins each is not worth it. I'd be able to include at least 2-3 more events in the update instead of a 3 seconds loop like this. Sigh... Maybe in the future...

Last edited:

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
View attachment 1082490

This one seems worth it. Going to let it go for awhile.

Question: when you have a proper rig with a good GPU, do you get "better" iterations?

I'm 3000+ iterations all HDRI and still getting noise. Other people are talking about doing 200 iterations with lights and no noise. Curious if your getting more bang for your buck when it comes to iteration "quality" with a GPU.
I've been in the 3D industry for a while, but I still don't really understand how things work in Iray rendering. Normally linkinn's explanation is correct. But my experience is different. While I get a noisy result at 5000 iteration with my old GTX 1080 card, I get more satisfied result at 1500 iteration with RTX 3090 + RTX 3080.

Btw you are using 8K HDRI. This greatly affects your rendering time. If you are using your HDRI as a backdop, 4K would be enough. If you are using your HDRI as a light source I would recommend you to use 2K resoluiton.

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
I've been in the 3D industry for a while, but I still don't really understand how things work in Iray rendering. Normally linkinn's explanation is correct. But my experience is different. While I get a noisy result at 5000 iteration with my old GTX 1080 card, I get more satisfied result at 1500 iteration with RTX 3090 + RTX 3080.

Btw you are using 8K HDRI. This greatly affects your rendering time. If you are using your HDRI as a backdop, 4K would be enough. If you are using your HDRI as a light source I would recommend you to use 2K resoluiton.
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I guess I just got in a habit of downloading 8k, this time around it was a light source and could definitely have used lower.

And I guess the magic of iterations lies somewhere in the number of cuda cores and that processing power.

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Back to some POV work

0311 Claire Foreplay 01.jpg

#potatosquad

Learned a lot from this one, still curious about how surfaces really work. Noticing how the body from the neck down looks very realistic but the face has the CGI finish to it (shine on face is sweat that I added). Can people shed some light on this?

Last edited:

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
I only posed one render last night. I started another and the character I loaded had another's skin on her, carrying over the modifiers I had made in Skinbuilder. No clue how that happened as I never tried the skin on them. Maybe saving a subset while both were in the scene? Skinbuilder issue? So I checked all my characters and saved their textures (which I should have done in the first place). Lost 2 characters who will be reincarnated later... Here's an example...
WTF.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes