3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Only GPU RAM is important. How many iterations? What were the render quality settings? Used an HDRI?
But overall, 1 hr with a 3080 seems too long ... did DAZ switch to CPU for some reason?
16gb is the Vram, it's probably the mobile version, the mobile version have 2k less cuda cores than the normal 3080.

Reactions: Baka plays

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
16gb is the Vram, it's probably the mobile version, the mobile version have 2k less cuda cores than the normal 3080.
It's a rather simple setting. 1character+1 enviro. 1hr for that sounds really disappointing.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
It's a rather simple setting. 1character+1 enviro. 1hr for that sounds really disappointing.
You are not wrong but 4k is 4x more pixels than 1080p so in the end is 4 times slower to render a scene in 4k than in 1080p.

25 minutes in 1080p is still a bit high, but there is no direct light in the water so it can bring the times up.

Reactions: Baka plays

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
You are not wrong but 4k is 4x more pixels than 1080p so in the end is 4 times slower to render a scene in 4k than in 1080p.

25 minutes in 1080p is still a bit high, but there is no direct light in the water so it can bring the times up.
Well, there are certain tricks to cut off some render time. I agree that the lighting needs some improvement.

Reactions: linkinn

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
MC and first two girl check out for size. Girl in middle is G3V7 and one on right is G8 Teen the main NPC is 20 to 24 and somewhat med in stature. I think the one in the middle is to old looking ?? and the one on the end is a little small in height. Any thoughts.. Disregard the hair as I haven't settled on the one I think I want. Not found of the G8 Iray it has too much sparkle, but not using that hair anyway..

bill and two girls.jpg

cellsase

Jul 31, 2017
Render it as a TIFF and open it in RawTherapee, where you can watch if you are over-/underexposed and adjust it accordingly. The same goes for colours, sharpness, crop etc. it is an open-source alternative for Lightroom. ;)
And yes, do the edge patrol. Crop everything out that sneaks in and draws the attention away from your subject. The Keg is an example, so is the arm and dress of the dancer on the left, just to name a few. Another route you could go would be, blur the background more, to separate her further from the environment.
Thanks for the advice -- I appreciate it. I have never used RawTherapee before, but I did use it with a .tif of the reworked scene. Here is what I came up with - thoughts? I think it's an improvement. 48.jpg

MothManlet

Nov 11, 2020
One of my older portraits.

I'm currently looking to collaborate on a project with someone. I enjoy the typical incest harem games. If anyone is interested in working together you can add me on discord: mothmanlet#7295

You can find some more of my work here:

allie.png

Jan 24, 2020
Its the mobile version of the 3080? My guess it is because of the 16gb, if yes then it's about right, the mobile version have way less cuda cores, and it's a 4k render.
Yes i am using a new laptop with the mobile version. is uses the CPU too which is a Ryzen 9 5800XT

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes