3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Tried with gradient maps and color ranges but it didn't work.

View attachment 1354387

This was much easier. Created the lighting in Daz, and simply had to match it on the neon-like-elliptical-thingy.

Far from perfect but good enough considering it's literally the 2nd time I'm even attempting doing postwork. The image you referenced was the first. What I do not like with this workflow is the attention to details and all the work I'd need to make it proper as opposed to just flat out rendering the damn thing. And there's a LOT of details I should fix here before I'm feeling good about it.

Hair shine for example, eye reflections, the legs look like they're clipping and so on and so forth. But I DO like the hazy look it gives. Iray wouldn't do such a good job if that was a prop light, nor would I be able to have a color gradient in the light.

I just didn't initially understand what you wanted to do with the image as a result of post-processing in Photoshop.

In general, post-processing can save a lot of time and make it easier to work with light in DAZ itself, when many subtle lighting effects you see already after the rendering is finished.

Which I always do:

- Canvases. Standard set: Beauty, Environmental lightning, Light group, Depth. From the last canvas, you can easily make a quick mask for both background and foreground, meaning you don't have to waste time picking up DOF.

- Quick character(s) mask, render without light sources on all-white backdrop (255-255-255). Convenient for working with layers in Photoshop.

- Quick mask on light sources or emission canvas. This allows you to then correct the 'overlight' of light sources, which often get unnatural colors in DAZ.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes