3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Paula looks like she needs to stay off the weeeduh! :ROFLMAO:
Paula got ditched by her husband years ago and is raising two teenage daughters on her own for many years. It's a tough road to hoe, and besides that she hasn't had any "attention" for a long while, so she spends probably a little too much time with the bottle.

Reactions: lexx228
U

User_967494

I liked entire scene, it is very beautiful and calm. Nicely rendered too, except for one thing.

FIX THE ROUGHNESS/GLOSS VALUE OF HAIR MATERIAL! HER HAIR LOOK LIKE PLASTIC BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE.

Real hair should look organic, not plastic. Almost everyone who uses DAZ3D assets make this mistake. Just tweak the material nodes, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DanMachiFan
S

SteelRazer

I liked entire scene, it is very beautiful and calm. Nicely rendered too, except for one thing.

FIX THE ROUGHNESS/GLOSS VALUE OF HAIR MATERIAL! HER HAIR LOOK LIKE PLASTIC BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE.

Real hair should look organic, not plastic. Almost everyone who uses DAZ3D assets make this mistake. Just tweak the material nodes, please.
Don't know if you've ever tried outoftouch hair but they all looks like that, so I think the hair looks as it should. It can't be all matte.

S

SteelRazer

Here is my newest creation... It is a WIP that contains only 252 iterations (13.43% of convergency)... It is grainy as hell... I hope it will be rendered completely tommorow in the evening... If my computer doesn't crash o_O, but I wanted to share it already...

I will post the final render when it is done... Don't hesitate to comment...

Make a whish:

View attachment 186954
Is that dforce long hair ?

Reactions: mcmania
S

SteelRazer

Yes it is... I like dforce alot...

I bought it a while ago as I also like dforce, but with character behind it wasn't very time efficient + the shaders for it are kinda meh in my opinion and had to use from other vendors.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018

I understand what you're talking about, but maybe it's accentuated by the fact that in the end I had to increase the hair thickness because in some places you could see the blue of the background.
Anyway thanks for the advice, I'll play with these settings in the scene I'm doing to try to get a better result.

Reactions: User_967494

skyisup

Apr 7, 2017
I actually accidentally uploaded an older version of pic 2, I also played around with the DAZ beta denoise thing (also a bit of in render bloom in this one).. anyone have tips on using it? I think the way this picture comes out is the denoise maybe a bit too agressive. I wonder what the right spot is to start denoising.
haydenstarbloom.jpg

Last edited:

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
i gave up on the emulate things with Daz ... the only thing i get from try is that DAZ crash ... almost lost all fun to fool around in DAZ, only when it´s a total boring day and have nothing better to do ... my notebook is just crap for this things
I have the same issue I try using dForce and it crashes on my Asus Laptop. I think I am just going to use my laptop to build custom characters and poses for now so when I get my new custom built PC I am ready to use dForce and more complex renders.

skyisup

Apr 7, 2017
dForce takes some trial and error to get used to, and it doesn't seem to be entirely stable. I still haven't gotten more complex animations to really work out as they should. However I think it's quite promising and worth learning.

The results can be quite good with it. Especially when done right on hair it's a perfect answer to what to me is one of the more annoying things about DAZ, which is constantly trying to work around longer hair clipping everywhere (although still not perfect in these images). However I've also yet to figure out how to properly implement it to different hair styles - there is a way but really still requires more trial and error for me.

U

User_967494

Don't know if you've ever tried outoftouch hair but they all looks like that, so I think the hair looks as it should. It can't be all matte.
The problem is; these materials behave way too much differently under different circumstances, that's why devs/artists should tweak material node setups according to each scene. (ie. this hair setup might look like a real one under some setups, but it clearly looks inorganic under the strong light source.)

I do not use daz3d since it has way too many limits and it doesn't fit to my workflow. (Blender + Substance + GIMP).

I understand what you're talking about, but maybe it's accentuated by the fact that in the end I had to increase the hair thickness because in some places you could see the blue of the background.
Anyway thanks for the advice, I'll play with these settings in the scene I'm doing to try to get a better result.
You clearly have an artistic instinct and captured the spirit of the scene. I would gladly play a game made by you :).
To be fair, your render looks better than huge majority of the VN Projects in this site, and yes this also includes the hair:p.

I can give you another small advice if you want more photorealism in your scene:

- Add smudges and dust to floor tiles.
- Add small dents, scratches, dust etc. to wooden meshes in your scene. They look way too perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes