3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Quick question is their anyone here who knows how to make clothes and props for Daz3d?
Props are quite simple. (swords, guns, a lamp, etc) Clothes are a little annoying, in that you can make them quite easily work for "normal" poses, but anything bigger than a bodysuit or further away from the pose you modeled it in, you will need to put in a significant amount of work. Probably in DAZ. Any joint capable of bending 90 degrees gets really ugly with automatic weights and no joint corrective morphs.

SickleYield has a fairly competent guide for accomplishing this task in Blender, which can be located on this site. I would suggest trying to modify clothes yourself as a good first learning step. (such as creating new morphs for better fit in the breast area)

Marvelous Designer is a better "realistic" clothing creation tool, and there are guides for that too.

Edit: Yeah those examples are pretty complicated. If you wanted to learn I'd start with shirts and bodysuits, and if my job was to make 3d versions of those it'd take multiple weeks minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeduva

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Titties! Isn't being able to see them from behind incredible?

For those brave enough to do a little DIY, Blender cloth simulations can be a lot of fun. I use Breastacular's Gravity preset to give them a good starting shape to work with, with 0 sag. Fluid Density is the most... well, fluid like setting, and shear strength is the strongest deformation stopper. Pressure, custom volume, and shrink factor control size. Vertex weight can help breasts appear more springy or perky in the result, so use that more instead of Fluid Density if realism isn't your goal. (0 vertex weight in this model, note the slope from neck to nipple is fairly consistent)

I'd also recommend creating a bodice collision object and a substitute cloth object for each breast, or else any leaning pose will have one breast drain into the other. The bodice should be sized smaller than the abdomen to get rid of any gap, because subdivision shrinks models slightly.

And make sure your nipples have no morphs applied before you export to simulate...

CJGiga-01.jpg
CJGiga-02.jpg

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Will golden coin(money),help you obtain these skills? I have a devientArt account and brought many clothes from artist that were selling them here a few of the many I brought. View attachment 1988360 View attachment 1988361 View attachment 1988362 View attachment 1988364 View attachment 1988366

I just had a quick look at the Prices on Marvelous Designer & at $39 a month, plus trying to learn it, sorry but I try not to spend money on software, as much in case I can't get on with it. I'd had that with Blender 2.79, I couldn't get things to work for me, no matter what I did. Then out came 2.80 & suddenly things made sense with the new UI, but I'm not so sure about MD, as I've never heard it mentioned as being easy to work with, good or great as it maybe for the finished outfit. If your looking for Dungeon Furniture, Look at my Page on

Reactions: Leeduva
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes