3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Would that lightning actually project any (high)light on the character or is that beyond what HDRIs do?
Some HDRI's do, but I don't think this one does because it's so far in the distance.

Edit: I can confirm that the night time version has an option to have the lightning as a light source, whereas the day time version is lit though the clouds.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Would that lightning actually project any (high)light on the character or is that beyond what HDRIs do?
All hdri's do project light as far as I know. If they don't project light, they would be just skydomes/Domes.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Edit: I can confirm that the night time version has an option to have the lightning as a light source, whereas the day time version is lit though the clouds.
That sounds pretty awesome.
Is that a free HDRI or part of some set?

All hdri's do project light as far as I know. If they don't project light, they would be just skydomes/Domes.
I know they project light, but all HDRIs I've looked at so far seem to have 1 global light source (the sun I guess), not lightning in the background that can be turned on and off or some such.
Then again, I haven't really tried any urban or nighttime scenes so that may be more common than I thought.

Reactions: Enyos

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys, ffs is it normal that after 5 fucking hours of rendering i opened up Battle Encoder Shirasé just to free up a 10% of cpu capacity and my fucking render in daz started all over again?! Thats a fucking bullshit, fml! :mad:

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
That sounds pretty awesome.
Is that a free HDRI or part of some set?
Might have to search around for it, as I can't find it on site. The name in Daz is "Iray HDRI Storms Lightning and Desert". I have another render implementing the lightning as the light source, but can't upload due to "server error" after 20+ failed attempts.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
My own test of the new Emma Watson looking model. They will be everywhere soon. Lol
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oooh me likey, what model actually is that?

Edit: nvm, it's Emmeline, already downloaded without paying attention to the face :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mannitt
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes