3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Tried rendering a sweaty night ... did not look right. Any tips for rendering wet skin / drops / sweat from experienced artists? Any suggested assets? I used Drips and Drops for G3 from V3Digitimes.

No Postwork

View attachment 2525749
for wet looking skin I find the easiest thing to do is change the parameters of the skin surfaces, specifically lowering the Specular Roughness value. Sometimes there's 2 if it's Dual Lobe, I don't really understand the difference but experiment with lowering both of them. It just makes the specular highlights smoother and gives an instant wet look. It won't give you 'drips' though, just 'wet skin'

Regular skin on the left, lowered roughness on the right (only on the stomach, I didn't change all the skin surfaces)
1.png 2.png

And on an older render I used the same technique on
sandy6.jpg

PlatinumAss

Nov 24, 2017
m-422.jpg

Name: Mary Martinez
Marital Status: divorced
After being abandoned by her husband, Mary started working as a masseuse at a SPA where they offer extra services to their clients.
Hobbies and interests:
Gym, run in the park, go to the beach
What kind of men do you find attractive?
Mary is a typical hot MILF, she has a preference for younger men and is disappointed because they don't want serious relationships, just have fun with her big ass.
Favorite sexual position
Cowgirl, Reverse cowgirl, Ass Up
Fetishes, or sexual secrets
Mary is an exhibitionist, loves to have sex in public places and gets horny when people are watching her have sex.

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Tried rendering a sweaty night ... did not look right. Any tips for rendering wet skin / drops / sweat from experienced artists? Any suggested assets? I used Drips and Drops for G3 from V3Digitimes.

No Postwork

View attachment 2525749
Not too experienced, but I have tried using some of V3D's other assets. There's Wet and Tanned Skins for G8. From Thunder-3d there's the Ultimate Skin Moisture Bundle which is pretty great. I think an important thing to bring out the drops is through light placement and increasing the glossiness of the skin. From what I can tell "general wetness" can be mimicked by making the skin more reflective as lukin13 said.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

export.png

Sorry for the horrible image. I think the idea for specular lights is to put a lot of little lights that catch on the drops of water. They work almost like mini rim lights. What worked best for me was pointing the light directly at the subject and then offsetting it and checking to see the effect in the preview. You can also adjust the angle up or down. Someone else probably has a more professional way of doing it.

Her laying on the bed might pose some problems for angling/positioning the lights though:unsure:

Other points: Maybe a wet hair could help you sell the effect? :unsure: There's and a few others from Linday I think.

You can also try using colored lights to enhance the tan effect? Maybe changing the light color to a light pink instead of white? I've found that helps to make the image look more warm.

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Not too experienced, but I have tried using some of V3D's other assets. There's Wet and Tanned Skins for G8. From Thunder-3d there's the Ultimate Skin Moisture Bundle which is pretty great. I think an important thing to bring out the drops is through light placement and increasing the glossiness of the skin. From what I can tell "general wetness" can be mimicked by making the skin more reflective as lukin13 said.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I've only ever gone for general wetness and never bothered with actually trying to get droplets on the skin. Although that is one excellent big fat tanlined sweaty ass, so maybe I should give it a try ;)

I've realised as well that the quick mockup I did above didn't have particularly great lighting for it, but you can get some really good results with a suitable lighting setup. This is from another previous render of mine, where the skin texture works nicely with the specularity...

candy_9.jpg

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah I've only ever gone for general wetness and never bothered with actually trying to get droplets on the skin. Although that is one excellent big fat tanlined sweaty ass, so maybe I should give it a try ;)

I've realised as well that the quick mockup I did above didn't have particularly great lighting for it, but you can get some really good results with a suitable lighting setup. This is from another previous render of mine, where the skin texture works nicely with the specularity...

View attachment 2525881
Glad the image inspired something :ROFLMAO:. The assets make the droplets very convenient.

Yeah, underlying skin texture plays a big part in the whole effect, but I haven't been able to get the pores effect that I want. Still working towards it.

And

...my god, those abs!:p

Reactions: lukin13

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019

...my god, those abs!:p
Haha, she was my post-apocalyptic obsession a few months ago (same as my signature), there's about 6-8 pictures of her somewhere in this thread. I need to load her back up at some point and try some new renders.

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Haha, she was my post-apocalyptic obsession a few months ago (same as my signature), there's about 6-8 pictures of her somewhere in this thread. I need to load her back up at some point and try some new renders.
I think I saw one of them. Look forward to seeing some more. Is it like a Mad Max style apocalypse?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes