3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
This one was an experiment with the camera focal length and frame width to get a wider shot than what was normal and allow me to get a first-person perspective.. It made the DoF a little tricky to get right but I like the result.. rendering 3 characters is pushing my system quite a bit though..
desk2.png
Let me know what you think.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I was recently playing the VN "Exciting Games" and loved the MC's wife in it so went searching for her assets and figured most of them out. (does that game have a fan art page? It's SO hard to search for anything with that game name on here! LOL)... anyhow, whipped up a nice scene with her...

Exciting Games Wife - Date.jpg

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
This one was an experiment with the camera focal length and frame width to get a wider shot than what was normal and allow me to get a first-person perspective.. It made the DoF a little tricky to get right but I like the result.. rendering 3 characters is pushing my system quite a bit though..
View attachment 2602009
Let me know what you think.
Depending on the "Sensor Width" setting the focal length will result in different angles for the "light" to be bent. If you go with the default 36mm for the "Sensor Width" a 50mm focal length will result in an undistorted image aka the human eye equivalent or normal lens. Every value below 50 will result in a wide-angle shot everything above in a tele shot. You can further tweak the distortion or introduce new ones with settings like "Lens Thickness" or "Lens Type". The former is interesting if you want to simulate actual lenses the latter is useful to achieve a good barrel or pincushion distortion. (use small numbers like 0.1 or -0.1 to simulate realistic distortions).
If you want to play more with the DoF I recommend to take a look at f-stop for photography. The exposure component is less interesting for CG b/c we can deal with that separately and I wish DAZ would allow jointing the two "f-stop" settings for camera and tone mapping. xD With different sensor widths you can control the DoF as well. For example, with a sensor width of 17.3mm and f/5.6, you could achieve a similar depth as with a sensor width of 36mm and f/11.
Also, remember that the smaller an image is in relation to the observer, the "sharper" the image appears to the observer. So a small out-of-focus blurriness on a PC screen will "disappear" on a smartphone screen.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Depending on the "Sensor Width" setting the focal length will result in different angles for the "light" to be bent. If you go with the default 36mm for the "Sensor Width" a 50mm focal length will result in an undistorted image aka the human eye equivalent or normal lens. Every value below 50 will result in a wide-angle shot everything above in a tele shot. You can further tweak the distortion or introduce new ones with settings like "Lens Thickness" or "Lens Type". The former is interesting if you want to simulate actual lenses the latter is useful to achieve a good barrel or pincushion distortion. (use small numbers like 0.1 or -0.1 to simulate realistic distortions).
If you want to play more with the DoF I recommend to take a look at f-stop for photography. The exposure component is less interesting for CG b/c we can deal with that separately and I wish DAZ would allow jointing the two "f-stop" settings for camera and tone mapping. xD With different sensor widths you can control the DoF as well. For example, with a sensor width of 17.3mm and f/5.6, you could achieve a similar depth as with a sensor width of 36mm and f/11.
Also, remember that the smaller an image is in relation to the observer, the "sharper" the image appears to the observer. So a small out-of-focus blurriness on a PC screen will "disappear" on a smartphone screen.
if only that meant something in daz. Whenever you bring this up on the forums you get a legion of "geniuses" defending daz on this idiotic choice because "its not real, man". If i want to composite a image in daz with one in blender, or a real photo, getting the cameras to match is pretty much impossible because of daz being retarded and not doing things like everyone else.

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
I was recently playing the VN "Exciting Games" and loved the MC's wife in it so went searching for her assets and figured most of them out. (does that game have a fan art page? It's SO hard to search for anything with that game name on here! LOL)... anyhow, whipped up a nice scene with her...

View attachment 2602244
Good game....don't think there's a Fan Art page...you could start one!
Nice render and I like your version of her.
In some renders in the game, unfortunately, her face has bit of a post op 'Michael Jackson' look to it! :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes