3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I will use ActivePose as I said. Once you select it, you then select parts of the body you don't want to move and press SPACE. For example, the most common movement I will do is with the arms. So I will usually select the ActivePose Tool...
View attachment 3011593
...then click on the shoulder, press SPACE, that will pin it so it won't move, and I will also usually pin the chest just to be sure nothing else moves. You can then click with the left mouse button on the hand, hold left and drag and the arm will move. Usually perpendicular to your view. So if you want to move in a particular direction, make sure your view is lined up properly so it moves left<->right, up<->down, perpendicular to your view. Make sure you move your mouse SLOWLY as it is quite sensitive. Once you get used to it, it is really nice for posing. It can help to get the body parts close to where you want it then use the manual adjustments in the Parameter tab to fine tune it.

That is mostly how I do it. I have gotten used to which part to select to get the movement I like. if you wanted the forearm to face another direction, you would select the upper arm and twist it which repositions the forearm and then you can bend it to what you like. Also, the shoulder twisting and bending can help. Mess around with the different parts and see how they effect movement. After a while you will get the hang of it.

Oh, and that same tool can also be nice for moving HAIR around as well!
You're awesome, man. Thank you. And I would never have thought about using this tool to also pose hair. Amazing stuff.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
What? That's wild. Mine snaps the item back to the floor. Found the tip on a YT video or something. :unsure:
I done some searching and that is a key combination mentioned to move a character to the floor. I don't know why that is. As long as I have used Daz, it has been to duplicate the current character.

I'm curious, if you go to your top menu, and look under the EDIT menu at the top and then DUPLICATE inside of that, what is your keyboard shortcut to duplicate? It should be mentioned beside that?

Also, what is your Daz Studio version?

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I done some searching and that is a key combination mentioned to move a character to the floor. I don't know why that is. As long as I have used Daz, it has been to duplicate the current character.

I'm curious, if you go to your top menu, and look under the EDIT menu at the top and then DUPLICATE inside of that, what is your keyboard shortcut to duplicate? It should be mentioned beside that?

Duplicate no longer has any shortcuts listed. That has been true since 4.20.x, but might not be true if you upgraded over a previous version like 4.16 or older.

My current installs, I have two on the same PC (Public and Beta) were both clean installs of 4.21.x

Sep 3, 2022

It's 4.21. I'll Looks like M4ds explained it. Thanks M4ds.

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes