3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 3014765

Come on, just admit that you're special. :LOL:
Well, I know I am! :cool:

I'm really curious about why the differences now. I don't tend to change my key bindings from the default settings. I wonder if it has anything to do with, perhaps, upgrading from older versions and it preserved older key settings, versus a new installation which sets new settings? <shrug>

I would much prefer that my CTRL+D moves to floor, I think I would use that more than duplicating.

The ONLY key binding I ever set was one for "V" to hide an object (using a little script I made). Otherwise...

Edit: I found the key setting for this and changed mine as using this to move to floor would be much more useful I think.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Well, I know I am! :cool:

I'm really curious about why the differences now. I don't tend to change my key bindings from the default settings. I wonder if it has anything to do with, perhaps, upgrading from older versions and it preserved older key settings, versus a new installation which sets new settings? <shrug>

I would much prefer that my CTRL+D moves to floor, I think I would use that more than duplicating.
Daz uses Ctrl+D in Hexagon to duplicate.

I think the key bindings are stored in Users/username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/actions.dsx

My version is 1.3.0.0 and on line 330 I have the following code
Code:
  <Action Accel="Ctrl+D" Class="DzMoveToFloorAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
And the two lines used for Duplicate Node and Duplicate Node Hierarchy have no bindings
Code:
  <Action Class="DzDuplicateNodeAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
  <Action Class="DzDuplicateNodeHierarchyAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Daz uses Ctrl+D in Hexagon to duplicate.

I think the key bindings are stored in Users/username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/actions.dsx

My version is 1.3.0.0 and on line 330 I have the following code
Code:
  <Action Accel="Ctrl+D" Class="DzMoveToFloorAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
And the two lines used for Duplicate Node and Duplicate Node Hierarchy have no bindings
Code:
  <Action Class="DzDuplicateNodeAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
  <Action Class="DzDuplicateNodeHierarchyAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
I pressed F3 and then searched the left window for the keyboard settings for it. I cleared the Duplicate key setting under "Edit", and then had to search for the "Drop to Floor" setting, it was under "Parameters" (how does Daz come up with these convoluted schemes?!) and set it there for now. All I can think is that perhaps I have a settings file that was saved and imported into newer versions with old key settings? <shrug>

Screenshot 2023-10-18 142627.jpg

Oh, yeah, there was another set of key bindings I did that I have REALLY LOVED... if you look in your actions file, I set it up to CTRL+SHIFT+UP will move at item up in the scene selection window, CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN will move it down, CTRL+SHIFT+HOME will move it to the top and CTRL+SHIFT+END will move it to the bottom as I like to organize the hair, clothes etc.. on my characters in a certain order (hair on top etc).

In the action file you listed this is the following settings...
Code:
<Action Accel="Ctrl+Shift+Up" Class="DzHPOrderNodesMoveUpAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
<Action Accel="Ctrl+Shift+Home" Class="DzHPOrderNodesMoveToTopAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
<Action Accel="Ctrl+Shift+Down" Class="DzHPOrderNodesMoveDownAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>
<Action Accel="Ctrl+Shift+End" Class="DzHPOrderNodesMoveToBottomAction" ShowTextWithIcon="false"/>

Last edited:

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I had a Halloween themed idea, but my video card said no. So this is all I got... :HideThePain:

View attachment 3016989
Beautifully made,CHAQUINN 0 !!:love::love:

The true real divine queen(at least for you anyway ..;)),
contemplating her leadership while her most seductive followers beside her,
and around her listen to and follow her orders.

It may not really be in the Halloween theme,
but i think she is beautifully made as a real medieval queen with the aura of a goddess,
the most seductive charisma,the best machiavellian leadership,
and the most seductive subjects who follow her to death.
masterful art as always !!

• Red Heart
Reactions: CHAQUINN0
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes