3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I don't know if it already has been posted.
Some help until they fix the 4.22 hair bug causing a crash.

Have a safe day, or night, or whatever ;)
Actually this is an old bug, that DAZ blames on nVidia. I don't actually know who is to blame here, just what I have seen. I think it actually is an OOT bug as they seem to be the only hair asset creator that uses any kind of file with Transmitted Color. The best way to fix this (also the most tedius) is to edit the OOT Apply First duf files and make all references to any files in Transmitted Color = null.

Likely the only reason this has reappeared as an issue is that most people do not use any of the beta builds, this was a bug that was reported in 4.18.xx. If you only use gold builds you likely did not see the bug until now. Still doesn't make it new, just another example of the poor programming practices the DAZ team uses.

Reactions: Shivawn

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Actually this is an old bug, that DAZ blames on nVidia. I don't actually know who is to blame here, just what I have seen. I think it actually is an OOT bug as they seem to be the only hair asset creator that uses any kind of file with Transmitted Color. The best way to fix this (also the most tedius) is to edit the OOT Apply First duf files and make all references to any files in Transmitted Color = null.

Likely the only reason this has reappeared as an issue is that most people do not use any of the beta builds, this was a bug that was reported in 4.18.xx. If you only use gold builds you likely did not see the bug until now. Still doesn't make it new, just another example of the poor programming practices the DAZ team uses.
I just clicked the transmitted color setting and set it to none in the surface properties, problem solved. I have never seen this bug before 4.22 though.

Reactions: Shivawn

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I just clicked the transmitted color setting and set it to none in the surface properties, problem solved. I have never seen this bug before 4.22 though.
If you read through the threads on the DAZ forums, you would have seen that almost every beta before 4.22 had this issue. But no big deal. OOT has been fixing the issue if you bought their older assets from the DAZ store.

The simple fix of just setting the Transmitted color to none for me didn't work, because I work in Iray preview not in any of the other modes. So it fucked up every time I loaded a character with a different OOT hair asset, until I just fixed them all on my own library.

Just like the "It works for me" answer, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean the bug wasn't there.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If you read through the threads on the DAZ forums, you would have seen that almost every beta before 4.22 had this issue. But no big deal. OOT has been fixing the issue if you bought there older assets from the DAZ store.

The simple fix of just setting the Transmitted color to none for me didn't work, because I work in Iray preview not in any of the other modes. So it fucked up every time I loaded a character with a different OOT hair asset, until I just fixed them all on my own library.

Just like the "It works for me" answer, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean the bug wasn't there.
Ah, okay. I imagine this one will be fixed pretty quick. I noticed there has already been a small update. 4.22.01, not sure what changed though.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes