3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Yeah, not my finest work. Just for shits and giggles. Is anyone here old enough to remember when? Or is it just me :rolleyes: .

LAND OF THE GIANTS - The un-aired episode.

View attachment 3189730
It's not just you I was about 21 or so and I seem to remember part of it... :) but during that time period I was in South East Asia on an extended camping trip... :)

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Very nice! Thanks for the explanation. I love the lighting. (y)
Thank you! Truth being told, I provided only very general pointers in my message. I'm gonna add a little more information now.

For Environment>Environment mode, under Render Settings, I picked 'Dome and scene'. In that same tab, for the Environment Map, I picked 'None', instead of the default HDRI map (DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr), so that Daz allowed me to use the Sun-Sky settings together with scene-only lights (spotlights, distant lights, etc.). As for manually add and set volumes (primitives) in Daz Studio so that light refracts on them and creates nice effects, there are much information available on the Internet, and I imagine most of you are familiar with these techniques. Anyway, one of the many tutorials about it is this one by SickleYield, for example:

There are also commercial products on the DAZ store (and I imagine that on other stores as well) that make it even easier for the user, and probably fancier at the same time, like and . I personally haven't used any of these products, though. Even if it takes longer and probably does not offer as good results as specific products do, I usually prefer the manual approach, since that way is more rewarding for me. It's not like I'm under a deadline and I'm doing this for my personal enjoyment anyway, so that's that. :)

As for the editing in Photoshop, it is very simple stuff, actually. Believe me, I suck quite a lot in Photoshop, and yet I could add some light tricks. :ROFLMAO: Just adding transparent layers, playing with soft brushes and bright colours (white or close to white), adding some gaussian blur, the screen blending mode and playing with the opacity of the layer. And the lens flare is supereasy to add as well. And I know this is very common knowledge. But it is impressive how useful Google and other search engines are to provide tutorials on specific techniques in Photoshop, for example.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019
Yeah, i had one as well on my post.
This "person" (or some kinda being) defenitely needs some serious professional help - at least regarding communication.
Yeah, it did it to mine too. This is the same racist drop kick who made some stupid reply here recently about "stupid white shit guy" or some crap. Last laugh is at him but, he's too dense to realise that face palms still count as reactions the same as any other like etc.
One day we might have the tech to be able to reach through keyboard warrior's monitors and give them the "professional help" that they need :ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Yeah, i had one as well on my post.
This "person" (or some kinda being) defenitely needs some serious professional help - at least regarding communication.
Maybe he has a really odd fetish.
I get facepalms occasionally, but recently I got another reaction from him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Maybe he has a really odd fetish.
I get facepalms occasionally, but recently I got another reaction from him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
THIS reaction on THIS theme is ... how to say in a diplomatic way ... more then ... ahm ... odd and deserves his "favorite" reaction as suitable. But no, i won't insert it here. You know what i mean.

Nemiegs

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2021
Hi all

Christmas is rapidly creeping up on us, and I hope you all are looking forward to a well deserved break.

Just promise me that your Christmas parties won't get out of hand, like they frequently do at Laura's place of work - Pants & More!

wp 39.jpg

This will be the last contribution from my side this year, so I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year :)

/Nemiegs

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Hi all

Christmas is rapidly creeping up on us, and I hope you all are looking forward to a well deserved break.

Just promise me that your Christmas parties won't get out of hand, like they frequently do at Laura's place of work - Pants & More!

View attachment 3190270

This will be the last contribution from my side this year, so I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year :)

/Nemiegs
Really gorgeous,Nemiegs !! :love::love:
This really is the wildest,most extravagant Christmas and New Year's bonus giving and receiving.
A very beautiful seductive end of the year render,
and a very happy Christmas and a prosperous happy New Year to you too :)

Reactions: Nemiegs
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes