3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

M7wXgJ7HfXi

Sep 9, 2019
Don't know if anyone remembers my "Alien Slave Masters" renders from 2022, and the trouble I was having with posing the chain on one of the slave girls.

Anyway, some months ago I decided to just swap a ball & chain for the chain that needed to look like it was fastened to the floor, and re-rendered the whole set of images. So if I ever decide to continue the series, it should hopefully be easier to do more poses.

Here's a few showing the slave girl with the ball & chain.

Alien Slave Masters Pose 1 0Main Camera take 1.png
Alien Slave Masters Pose 1 Camera 1 take 1.png
Alien Slave Masters Pose 2 0Main Camera take 1.png
Alien Slave Masters Pose 2 Camera 5 take 1.png

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
PNG is almost universally better to upload to a message board than jpegs, and a lot of people don't know that. I always upload PNG files unless for some reason I can't (bad source, etc). But I also render in 8k then downsize to 2.5k (approx) so my images on F95 are never the same as what I created.
no it isn't if you have to wait ages for posts to load because someone posted a few 4mb pngs that would provide viewer the same exact experience if they were posted as 250kb 50% jpegs

for web it is absurd to suggest that 3mb png is better than a 500kb 80% jpeg, maybe one of 500 people who view this thread will be able to tell the difference, but as for remaining 499, they will be happy that the pages load at decent speed

I for instance don't bother waiting for those posts to even load, just scroll further, and I definitely don't understand why forum owners don't auto convert everything to 80% jpegs to save space and bandwidth

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
no it isn't if you have to wait ages for posts to load because someone posted a few 4mb pngs that would provide viewer the same exact experience if they were posted as 250kb 50% jpegs

for web it is absurd to suggest that 3mb png is better than a 500kb 80% jpeg, maybe one of 500 people who view this thread will be able to tell the difference, but as for remaining 499, they will be happy that the pages load at decent speed

I for instance don't bother waiting for those posts to even load, just scroll further, and I definitely don't understand why forum owners don't auto convert everything to 80% jpegs to save space and bandwidth
Disagree.

If you are posting to an art site (and that is what this part of F95 is) in anything over 1080p then PNG all the way. If you consider this site just a repository for low resolution images then you can have your 50-80% JPEGs. With respect to telling the difference, if it is low resolution, then you are 100% correct, but some people here post higher resolution images and they shouldn't be forced to deal with compression artifacts, just because it loads the images for you and 499 others too slow! I can tell you one thing for sure, if F95 decided that they wanted to recompress all the images uploaded to lossy jpeg, there would be a lot of people doing higher resolution stuff posting their work elsewhere.

We are all spoiled by wanting to have everything right now, instantly. Even with crappy interent speeds this is much faster than using the old usenet channels and 300 baud dial up modems to download single images that took hours to download. An THAT is exactly the set up I started with.

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
Back Alley Negoations
BackAlleyNegoationsR+AU.jpg

Yaun: Nice of you to finally show up, where is your friend?
Adira: Not that its any of your bussiness, but she had a meeting with her paroleofficer.
Yaun: Guess my bike and wallet is safe for now then.
Adira: You want the stuff or are you just gonna be an ass?
Yaun: Sure lets see what you got.
Adira: Some and
Yaun: What? no car keys?
Adira: Not this time.
Yaun: We need parts for the garage, if you girls cant deliver, we'll take our busness elsewhere.
Adira: Screw you, you want it or not?
Yaun: Sure, 1200 for the lot.
Adira: No way, its worth at least 1600
Yaun: There's no way im paying that much.
Adira: You sure about that?

Featuring from left to right:

Yaun
Adira

If anybody have any situations they would like see my characters in let me know, im allways looking for new ideas and inspiration.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Disagree.

If you are posting to an art site (and that is what this part of F95 is) in anything over 1080p then PNG all the way. If you consider this site just a repository for low resolution images then you can have your 50-80% JPEGs. With respect to telling the difference, if it is low resolution, then you are 100% correct, but some people here post higher resolution images and they shouldn't be forced to deal with compression artifacts, just because it loads the images for you and 499 others too slow! I can tell you one thing for sure, if F95 decided that they wanted to recompress all the images uploaded to lossy jpeg, there would be a lot of people doing higher resolution stuff posting their work elsewhere.

We are all spoiled by wanting to have everything right now, instantly. Even with crappy interent speeds this is much faster than using the old usenet channels and 300 baud dial up modems to download single images that took hours to download. An THAT is exactly the set up I started with.

I agree with you on wanting the best for my Children...Uuummm I mean my Renders, I'd rather not share them than have them ruined by being reduced to the 'lowest common jpg'... It's bad enough seeing so/so 4k images touted as the next great thing, just because it's BIG, not that it has detail, atmosphere & a story to tell, without needing a half page story to read first...PS I'm old enough to have been around in the dial-up days, which is why I'm happy to wait 3 or more hours for my renders, in the old days of paper & inks, it could be 3 weeks from start to finish for an A2 or A3 image, not to mention time cleaning tools & waiting for stuff to dry....So boys n girls just think how lucky you are...

shitcrap1

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2023
Disagree.

That's what I thought. My internet is kind of crappy so it takes a few seconds to load some images but why bitch about it? is not a big deal and in exchange I can see a good quality image; which is quite great if you're looking for art.

Reactions: m4dsk1llz
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes