3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
romantic_dinner.png

This is the first time I render candles, the ones included with the environment I chose (Primrose House), and it is underwhelming that at least these ones don't include a proper flame shader. It is just an emissive light. I had to mess with Photoshop to insert a flame in the candle closest to the couple (the one closer to the camera is quite out of focus, so I thought: why bother?), and I'm not very happy with the result. :( But it is what it is.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
View attachment 3370329

This is the first time I render candles, the ones included with the environment I chose (Primrose House), and it is underwhelming that at least these ones don't include a proper flame shader. It is just an emissive light. I had to mess with Photoshop to insert a flame in the candle closest to the couple (the one closer to the camera is quite out of focus, so I thought: why bother?), and I'm not very happy with the result. :( But it is what it is.

These are from by KindredArts. I only loaded the candles as props, then rendered them. No playing around in emissions or surfaces.
You'll need to delete your candles, as there are a few around the scene, I'm hoping most of them are Instances, but you'll need to check that out yourself, then load a candle, fiddle with scale to fit your candlesticks, then use that candle to make enough Instances
to fill the other candlesticks. candles.png

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
View attachment 3370329

There is a way you could insert a ghost light inside the candle itself and point it .

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jumbi

grohotor

May 15, 2020
View attachment 3370329

I think they did add proper volumetric in the lastest update so we can have fires. Previously we had smoke and they had to have extra geometry that was emissive to achieve the effect. Should have just delayed it and done it right the first time but better late then never.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
There is a way you could insert a ghost light inside the candle itself and point it .
But that's about the light itself, right? I mean, what I was lacking in my scene were the candle flames, the fire illusion, not the light.

These are from by KindredArts. I only loaded the candles as props, then rendered them. No playing around in emissions or surfaces.
You'll need to delete your candles, as there are a few around the scene, I'm hoping most of them are Instances, but you'll need to check that out yourself, then load a candle, fiddle with scale to fit your candlesticks, then use that candle to make enough Instances to fill the other candlesticks. View attachment 3370883
This looks really good. Thank you! I'm sure this will come in handy.

I think they did add proper volumetric in the lastest update so we can have fires. Previously we had smoke and they had to have extra geometry that was emissive to achieve the effect. Should have just delayed it and done it right the first time but better late then never.
Oh, yeah. I forgot about this. Now we have real volumetrics. Another option and another thing I am adding to my to-mess-with list of unexplored Daz Studio's features :D Thank you!

Reactions: DitaVonTease
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes