3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
I'm not sure if I get your question right. In this case, I only used DAZ Studio (v4.22) and Photoshop (2023) here.
I try to get as close to my envisioned idea in DAZ as I can. After that, I render a very large .TIF file. GIMP and Photoshop are getting better results with higher pixel counts.
I use a variety of filters, processes and designed actions to achieve a certain look in post. So I'm not sure if you are referring to those.
Thanks for the information I will try Photoshop filters. Previously I have render my image but they are very dark and when I increase of light source(spotlight) it wash out character detail. My concern is the image look bright but preserved character detail( body highlight).

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for the information I will try Photoshop filters. Previously I have render my image but they are very dark and when I increase of light source(spotlight) it wash out character detail. My concern is the image look bright but preserved character detail( body highlight).
ah. The tone mapping pane for iray is your friend. The settings you are looking for are the exposure triangle ("f-stop", "ISO", "shutter speed") as well as "exposure" directly. In Photoshop look into the camera raw filter and play around with the exposure value as well. This should help. Another approach would be to render the subject and the background in DAZ on different canvas layers and then dial their exposure in Ps or GIMP separately. And if you want to go the extra mile, you could render a separate layer for every single light source and compose them later in Ps or GIMP. I prefer the last method for 3-point lighting in portraits and black box pin-ups.

Reactions: Jumbi
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes