3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Could this shader be applied to any asset? I was considering learning Blender to create anime characters, but now I’m tempted to reinstall Daz instead.
From what I read on the Daz site it can be applied to any surface but the results vary and it doesn't work with transparent surfaces (though those could be done separate in Iray if desired). I haven't tried it myself.

johnqaz

Apr 2, 2020
Could this shader be applied to any asset? I was considering learning Blender to create anime characters, but now I’m tempted to reinstall Daz instead.
Yes. I wondered this myself and you can change clothes, hair, props etc, YMMV . I have not tried any complex scene or something, but this was a super quick attempt at just changing the materials of everything in this quick lil pinup scene with this FilaToon shader.

Hair, Dress, Shoes, Mic, Speakers etc all iray stuff that would never look cartoon-esque.. but FilaToon has a few variants to chose from. I have found that for hair, you need to hide the scalp materials using the opacity parameter. It also cannot be used with Strands-Based Hair because this shader needs geometry for it to work.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 142846.png

Toon Singer 1c.jpg

Last edited:

max404

Oct 4, 2024
i know this is a render only thread but i don not know where else to ask about this..
how can i fix the issue below..lowering mesh smoothing does not help though it reduce the quantity of the error but i need higher mesh smoothing

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
i know this is a render only thread but i don not know where else to ask about this..
how can i fix the issue below..lowering mesh smoothing does not help though it reduce the quantity of the error but i need higher mesh smoothing
go to parameters/Mesh Smoothing➔Smoothing Iterations (change the value)
if you don't have Mesh Smoothing : got to Edit/Object/Geometry➔Add Smoothing Modifier
or you can ask here https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/

Last edited:

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
I don't know if that's the case, but that looks like the kind of issue that may arise when you pose Dforce clothing without running a dforce simulation. If that top is indeed Dforce, your best bet is simulating the pose.

Reactions: Donnie Brasco

xell_

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2017
Scene → select outfit → hip → find right arm, scale up a bit, then enable smooth iteration; that will probably fix it. If it doesn't, increase collision iteration too. (You can bend/twist, etc., too if scaling up doesn't work.)
Second method: simulate the outfit, disable the thing,that start with "Memorize bone's(something like that)" (I don’t remember the name). then run simulation

Reactions: Saipan
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes