3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get such crisp shadows? You use multiple light sources or a hdri with no roof on building?
I never hide walls or roofs for inside lighting anymore. I used to way back, but the results were not that good.
Now I use combination of point lights and mesh lighting (simple primitive cube scaled up appropriately with base emissive iray shader with adjusted values).
[rant]
There's been many discussions in dev sub-forum about the lights, I feel like I'm a bit of a minority on the point lights train as a lot of devs prefer spotlights and ghostlights over point lights. Main argument for spotlights was ease of use as you can manipulate them as a camera in view port via selecting them in view menu, but!
You can just parent them to the camera and use the camera view to manipulate them exactly as you would spotlight. You hide the camera in viewport so the viewport doesn't get too cluttered and you can save the preset and create custom action to put in your toolbar so it's super quick to load it into scene and setup.
Screenshot 2024-10-13 133318.png Screenshot 2024-10-13 133349.png
[/rant]

Now in this scene I used more lights than I'd usually use. Because there was a window right behind the character I also used one point light as a backlight. But as a rule I want the lighting to make some sense, so there's a point light from the direction of the camera to light the character, one overhead light to supplement the ceiling mesh lighting, mainly for the hair and one backlight from the direction of the window as I mentioned. There's also spotlight on the window to illuminate the table a bit just to fake a bit of more natural lighting coming in.
Screenshot 2024-10-13 133644.png

The ceiling lights are literally just two primitive cubes scaled up, with base iray emissive shader. Obviously with adjusted values to make sense. For modern lighting you generally just want white.
Screenshot 2024-10-13 133714.png

And finally I do prepare the rooms up a bit, because the skin and hair shaders in daz require more lighting than any other shader to look good. So to up the lighting without the walls and furniture to be too overlit, I tint the base color quite a bit of everything that ends up too bright. As example the base color of the walls was white, with some grey texture map. But they ended up too bright with all the lighting, so I just changed the base color from white to grey-beigeish with lower brightness values.
I also put the draperies over the big glass door so I wouldn't have to deal with reflections from the pointlights and save myself a headache.
Rest is just post work, I did some small posts on my post work, but it's kind of outdated, but maybe you could find some information there: https://f95zone.to/threads/advanced-post-work.137814/

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
Old folks home
RoriOldFolkshomeAU.jpg
Otto: You're quite the little hussy aren't ya?
Rori: Maybe…
Otto: You like it when old men look at you touching yourself don't ya
Rori: Y-y-yes
Earl: She’s sure is pretty little thing ain't she, Otto
Otto: Yea, if i had any of my little blue pills left id take her to my room and show her what a experienced man can do
Stanly: You always were bit of a hounddog Otto
Otto: Like you weren't thinking the same
Rori: Please don't, i got a girlfriend
Earl : Guess we’ll just have to enjoy the show then
Arthur: Why does she look familiar?
Perry: I think she’s Debra’s kid
Arthur: Debra in 106? Isn't her daughter 40 and fat?
Perry: Yea and she’s black too you senile old bastard, i meant the caregiver
Arthur: Doesn't ring a bell
Perry: Redhead, big jugs…. gives the good sponge baths
Arthur: Oh her, you sure? she seems “lacking” in certain areas
Perry: Arnt ya Debra’s kid?
Rori: Y-y-yes… please dont tell her about this
Otto: Don't you worry your pretty little head with that, we know how to keep a secret
Earl: Besides half theses senile old bastards can't even remember their own names
Rori: Thanks guys, i…AH really….AH appreciate that
Stanly: Pipe down guys she’s heading this way with Larry
Rori: Oh my god what do i do?
Debra: Gentlemen, have you seen my daughter… pretty redheaded girl?
Stanly: Nope, but we’ll keep a eye on her if we do
Debra: Thanks guys, and can you tell her i'll be ready for lunch in about 30 min
Stanly: No problem, we’ll be on the lookout for her
Otto: Looks like we got some more time, so better get back to the show
Rori: Okay… but maybe we could…….

Featuring from left to right

Debra Collins
Larry
Earl
Stanly
Perry
Rori Collins
Otto
Arthur

If anybody has any situations they would like to see my OC's in, let me know, im all-ways looking for new ideas and inspiration.
I also do commissions and you can support my work on Patreon or Subscribestar or join the free tier to see what i'm working on atm

Image created with Daz studio 4.22 Pro.
Assets acquired from daz3d.com, renderosity.com and renderotica.com
Post-work done in Photoshop.
All characters er made by me.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Her Heart's Desire in the current complete game lacked a fair bit of things that would make for a good, holistic story. The beta focuses a lot more on character development: who is the main character, what's his background, and so on. If you're familiar with Asimov, he had a pact where he'd tell a third party "this guy is the best writer in the world," and the other dude would do the same - thus, giving a bit of real life social proof to their creative chops. Whelp, this scene is an attempt to do more "show," instead of "tell," for the MC and his backstory. Coming in the beta 1.5 later this month, along with a bunch of other scenes, including two sexy ones with tons of animation.
day3gymstart017.jpg
day3gymstart019.jpg

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Short question from the sideline.

Has somebody here toyed around with Marvellous Designer? I'm sick of dForce for clothing and I'm thinking of going into the annual subscription. Now the question how often is it feasible to go through the whole import/export process for hobbyists? And another question how good is it in creating weird "clothing" for DAZ like Hishi Karada or clothing that is fixated on a toy?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes