3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

M0rD0l

Jun 18, 2017
If you don't mind answering, how did you make the water reflections? They look like an overlay, but I'm not sure. The render looks really good also.
I'm not quite sure which water reflections you're talking about, since the reflections on the water are poorly visible due to ripples. Don't you mean the caustic effect? If so, that's easy! It is a point light source enclosed in a sphere, with an opacity texture that mimics the caustic effect (technically, it can be done without a point light source, but I'm not looking for easy ways:LOL:).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
I'm not quite sure which water reflections you're talking about, since the reflections on the water are poorly visible due to ripples. Don't you mean the caustic effect? If so, that's easy! It is a point light source enclosed in a sphere, with an opacity texture that mimics the caustic effect (technically, it can be done without a point light source, but I'm not looking for easy ways:LOL:).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't say you are making a layer, or something like that, and play with it in PS ?

Reactions: M0rD0l

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
I'm not quite sure which water reflections you're talking about, since the reflections on the water are poorly visible due to ripples. Don't you mean the caustic effect? .
That's my bad :p. I wasn't sure how to describe what I was seeing. I think I see what you mean though. Thanks for the response!

M0rD0l

Jun 18, 2017
That's my bad :p. I wasn't sure how to describe what I was seeing. I think I see what you mean though. Thanks for the response!
Basically, you're right! It was my bad, I just immediately thought of the reflection ON the water. :eek:

Don't say you are making a layer, or something like that, and play with it in PS ?
Um, I'll be honest, I cheated a little bit. I rendered part of the picture with the caustic effect without the water plane (where they stand), because it interfered with the light passing through (from the position I set it in). And I rendered the water part of the picture separately and combined both parts in photoshop. I know many ways to do this more faithfully, but this way seemed faster to me at this point. :p

Reactions: DD3DD and 0ier 3D

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
Basically, you're right! It was my bad, I just immediately thought of the reflection ON the water. :eek:

Um, I'll be honest, I cheated a little bit. I rendered part of the picture with the caustic effect without the water plane (where they stand), because it interfered with the light passing through (from the position I set it in). And I rendered the water part of the picture separately and combined both parts in photoshop. I know many ways to do this more faithfully, but this way seemed faster to me at this point. :p
That's what I say: insane skills, anyway, thanks for the explanation !

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes