Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
The biggest downside of these tools will always be the cost, ain't nobody going to buy a tool like this just to mtl
Buy? It's free. The API is what costs money and I have no control over that. You can MTL smaller games for like 1 or 2 bucks though and idk about you but I'm willing to pay more that that for an MTL with proper sentence structure.

revyfan

Jan 26, 2018
Buy? It's free. The API is what costs money and I have no control over that. You can MTL smaller games for like 1 or 2 bucks though and idk about you but I'm willing to pay more that that for an MTL with proper sentence structure.
Hell, just recently OpenAI has announced the optimization of GPT turbo and 4, making both slightly cheaper and more efficient. I guarantee by the end of the year, translating using turbo might be as cheap as fifty cents for small games and be slightly better than what we can already do with it.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Can the same method be used for rpg maker vx ace? I really want to translate this game. The translation it already has is terrible.
Not the exact same but they are very similar so yes. I have an ace option built into the tool but its a WIP currently.

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
Since we're on a piracy website anyway, It would be nice if this tool had gpt4free support. Could I submit a pull request in the future?

Reactions: jaden_yuki

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Since we're on a piracy website anyway, It would be nice if this tool had gpt4free support. Could I submit a pull request in the future?
Hmm, sure why not.

Edit:

So after messing with it myself (I just tried the interference method) it seems to be working however, I seem to be getting worse results with 3.5 turbo and 4 just doesn't work at all. It might be different if you just use the g4f library directly though. In fact the results between the two seem to be pretty different. Makes me wonder what's happening on the their end to change it so much.

I also couldn't actually translate a file fully with it since it would error out before it could finish for some reason. It's definitely going to need some tweaking in some way to get it working with this tool. Feel free to put a PR in if you manage to get it working, it will need to be an optional feature that can be disabled though due to its instability.

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Surprised that I didn't find anyone asking this.

Any plans for a Renpy version? If it's as accurate as you say, quite a few devs might be interested in paying for translations :)

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017

Any plans for a Renpy version? If it's as accurate as you say, quite a few devs might be interested in paying for translations :)
Yup I plan to do it. I just need to look into all the details so that I can write a script for it.

wuruaa

Jan 9, 2023
(y)w我也写了一个类似的工具,chatgpt的翻译效果是以前传统机翻比不了的

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Can you implement the usage of GPT "proxies" like what SillyTavern does?
I assume you mean something similar to GPT4Free? brxn might eventually put in a PR for it but my testing didn't go to well so I'd have to try another approach.

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
I assume you mean something similar to GPT4Free? brxn might eventually put in a PR for it but my testing didn't go to well so I'd have to try another approach.
Sorry, these python imports are making me go crazy (I seriously can't import a git submodule that's inside the parent dir???). Not sure if I'm going to go through with this, I'd rather use something such as Node.JS.

hebizaihu

Jul 6, 2022

In fact, renpy translation work has been very simple, there are renpy editor can create his language text, the use of plug-ins to extract the completion of the generation, placed in the TXT for branch translation, you can change the plug-ins of other engines to ChatGPT interface

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
So yeah, I got access to GPT4 finally and I'm doing some tests.

GPT3.5
1688758921456.png

GPT4
1688758945971.png

So yeah as you can see it doesn't fuck up the subject with GPT4 which is fantastic IMO. But then the $5 game estimate with 3.5 turns into this.
1688759047560.png

So yeah, I'd love to use it but my wallet can't handle that. So I'm going to have to wait for a bit longer until it drops in price a bit or my Patreon earns me a bit more per translation. :cry:

Therefore if you like my MTLs and want to see me switch to GPT4, consider supporting me on Patreon. My first goal is to shoot for $200 per translation which would cover the cost for smaller games.

Last edited:

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Nice tool and effort, keep going, don't get me wrong, but "quality" - nah i don't think so while played your latest translation project. As said before... no consistency in the translation. Not patreon worthy for me, sorry.

Reactions: Nicknameunico