VN - Ren'Py - DeadMoon Survival [v0.8] [Hot Tomato]

1. 5.00 star(s)

szabon

There is not much to say here: It's an excellent virtual novel.
    There are minor language (English) issues but in general it's all fine. Despite of that it's very well written and I don't think it deserves less than 5 stars.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Engrish is present, kiss scenes are interesting, but there is not much besides that. ITs leaning heavyly to the milf, and this must be a thing in these survival games.
    The game is decent when it uses custom stuff, but gets average mediocre when it decides to use default animations.

For content there is not much, there is NTR sex, and for the MC toget t that point we will have to wait untill like in December 2035 for the mother, and Decemebr 2055 for the sister sicne there is one handjob at the end of 0.15

There is a part of the game where the MC describes how certain night things became more lewd everyday that passed. I chuckeled cause he satrted kissing his sister, and after a week he was still kissing his sister, but grabbing her tit. I dont know how this thing works but with all the girlfriend I had i never had to bother with this bullshit. Grabbing the girls tit is kind of a must when tongue kissing.

And in a later scene she talks about how she likes the mc wandering hands...Well she liked it the only time we saw it happening: ONCE, i guess th 6 times before that she didnt allow him to touch her? Well i digress. Bad writing.

Alof th aboeve makes me think that maybe in 235 the rating will go up, but not now, its not good enough, its not even so so if you have a functional brain.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Pringlesrock

Played Version: v0.15

TL;DR: Serviceable world introduction but not a lot of sexual content (Though it’s working its way up fast). Character development is a little rough. Worth keeping an eye on if you enjoy horror VNs.

I am perhaps being a little generous with my score, but I do appreciate anyone willing to venture into the horror genre.

The game starts a few years after the beginning of a zombie apocalypse. While some brief glimpses are given of the past, this 3-person family unit has been relatively isolated for years at this point. This can help explain the characters sometimes erratic mental state as well as why some relationships might be getting closer than they would otherwise be under normal circumstances (Flowers in the Attic? Not that VN’s need a reason). So with that in mind we are not seeing a sudden rush to lust but a situation that has been building for a while.

There is honestly not enough progress in the story to get a full feel for how things will develop, but it appears to me there may be two paths the rather feminine looking MC may take (Those panties you are wearing?). A submissive, possibly NTR, approach (Kind of where he starts) or come of age and take a more dominant approach (Here’s hoping). We don’t see enough action to know for sure, but with the relatively limited choices so far this might be the case.

Pros:
    -Overall world atmosphere serves its purpose. There is some mystery here that looks like we will be drip fed over the course of the game.
    -Didn’t encounter any bugs.
    -I liked the bisexual nature of the women in the game. However, making sure the player feels like they have control over this development to some degree will probably be crucial to keeping players happy (MC interrupting or instigating it?). Some may feel like this is NTR. I personally feel like it is more NTR-lite and don’t have a problem with it unless it becomes the main focus.
    -Can choose relationships. HOWEVER, a better intro for this probably needed as I was a bit confused at first.

The Okay:
    -Models are okay. I like them, but at best they are average.
    -Characters state of mind. They have been at this for years now and I feel the writing is trying to convey this, but it seems to come out a bit clumsily (Like this sentence).
    -English is okay. Minor mistakes, but I didn’t have any difficulty understanding it.

Cons:
    -Choices that lead to game over with no real clues on the right one other than guess and try (Example: Left or Right when running). I don’t mind these, but what is the point? These choices are often timed so I guess it is an attempt to inject some adrenaline into the scene, but I do remember there is a save function so meh. I believe the wrong decisions would be better served with perhaps some 'fun' game over scenes to up the sexual content but keep the main story at a more moderate pace.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    -Not enough sexual content as of V0.15 to get a good feeling for how things will go. That said, not the worst start I have seen.
    -Can’t choose MC’s name. Choosing other characters names are also cool, but I think MC name choice at this point is almost standard.

I strongly hope the creator keeps up with this game and I hope to come back in a few versions and see how things have progressed.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

nickbo

I see a lot of negative reviews which surprised me. All in all I really enjoyed this one. Yes the author is not an native English speaker (but its not terrible), and the honey select model are pretty dated. But its still quite an enjoyable slow to medium burn VN. The timed choices are a bit annoying and there is no sense if they alter the story in any significant way. I'm a fan and am looking forward to this one progressing.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Demonic Presence

Horror games attract me like flies to shit, the problem for me is there isn't a high demand for this genre like there is with others. And some games I have played are either a giant letdown and/or are abandoned. This game was letdown for me, we're in a post apocalyptic time and it just felt like nothing was taken serious enough.

You don't go shopping for clothes and lingerie when the world is in chaos, what are you expecting a fashion show? I know that sex is to be expected in an adult game, but there needs to be balance. I don't like the Mom character at all, I don't like the way she treated Isaac, I didn't like the forced content, how the MC had to choose between saving a woman and being a hero or being cucked/NTR'ed which was a useless choice. Who's not gonna want to save a damsel in distress? Didn't like how the mom fantasized about how she got raped, didn't like how she coddled the MC knowing that he was old enough to carry his weight around. She treated him like a child, while treating the sister differently even though they're the same age apparently the writing just made sense to me.

I wanted to enjoy it, but I couldn't and will most definitely skip this game in the future.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ruykiru

Edit: 0.2 and 0.3.1 review, after the story rework I'm definitely giving it 5 stars now.

You may thing that this just looks like a generic zombie game but in between all the garbage that gets uploaded to this site you can find some hidden gems like this one. The game had a nice first release but now after the story rework there's no complaints and everything flows so much better.

There's a very decent amount of content that you'll surely enjoy because this game has amazing character development, good models and the story and scenes are so f*cking hot, like I've played a lot of stuff in this forum and this is on my very top list. The writing is fantastic after the 0.3.1 update and the atmosphere is very immersive with some really good song choices.

I'm also glad that there's no sandbox crap and that you can easily skip the NTR stuff (that shouldn't even be there but whatever at least there is a clear warning in each choice).
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Nelson4ever

Let's start with PROS of the game other than average renders - Error 404 ( not found )
    CONS - Another zombie story with same old Main character who acts as a pervert and spies others . And there is no romance tag in the OP clearly says much about the game . And Female characters who are bisexual and exploring each other and perverts same as MC and dominates MC ( spanks ) . Most of the sex scenes are between female characters , seems more of a multiple protagonist game than male protagonist game .
    Overall 2 stars for the same old zombie story with beta pervert wimp MC and bisexual females who dominates and explore themselves than MC with them as of v0.15
  8. 3.00 star(s)

rance4747

So, the models are tollerable, the premise is a classic, and the mom being a horny bisexual dom that mostly tries to groom your sister is an ourtright novelty, but aside from that, there is very little I can say about the game that is flattering.
    Game markets itself as being realistic, yet you play as a way whimpier male version of your twin sister, with no option/choices of being assertive or competent, despite wanting to go outside and be a man(provider).
    And I would get if it was a FemDom fetish(which by all means should be in tags btw) but by any strech of imagination, its just doesnt strikes me as such, since the same girls that are suppose to be dominant get an NTR rape scene. Albeit avoidable.
    So, game as it is pretty much excludes both hard doms that would want their own slice of subby harem heaven and hard subs that want their dommi-mommies to look all strong.
    To top[ it off MC has anime style inner dialogues with a close up to his eyes, sister, that havent gone outside since she was a kid, looks way compentent than your mom that did all the leg work since the start of the apocalipse, and to top it all of, there is no shortage of food in the stores, like ingredients for a cake, after some 5 years since the outbreak.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Salami Pasta

Some thoughts in a random order after playing v0.1:
    • Renders are averagely good for the engine used. Some clipping (hair), but fine otherwise. Effort was put into setting up the scenes. The atmosphere is there.
    • There's music and/or appropriate background sound effects in most of the scenes. Really like it when sound is not forgotten, nice.
    • Soundtracks not ones I've heard much of, if ever, in other titles either. Well picked, really add to the atmosphere.
    • Story progresses at a nice pace (well, mostly interpersonal relations so far, which is fine), was not feeling tired or frustrated by filler content, no eye-rolling episodes either.
    • Default male (OK), decent female characters. Me like.
    • I like the family dynamic. Bickering siblings, heh. I mean, you could say, cliche, geh. But honestly, if you have siblings, you most likely can relate.
    • There is some foreshadowing scattered throughout, guess will see some sci-fi/fantasy elements. Well, other than zombies, I mean. I'm interested in seeing where this all leads.
    • Animations are few and far inbetween. Short. For me, the game could have no anims at all, would be fine. They are there, though, fine too.
    • No complaints from the technical side of things. Menus, options, saves, all work as expected.
    • Kinda slow to load saves tough, not sure why.
    • UI is an obvious RenPy skin, but it works. Fits the mood.
    • Text is iffy in a few places (sentence structure, choice of words), esp at the start.
    • 'Mom' sometimes capitalized, sometimes not.
    • Text way too big in the 'Credits' section.
    • I like the theme. Fam/zombie setup, executed well.
    • A really decent amount of content overall, beefy v0.1. Nice.
    In conclusion, I like what I've seen so far. A decently good start.
    Extra claps for sound and general atmosphere. And that delicious foreshadowing.
    Few issues, all solvable.
    Good job, carry on.
    Will be playing when updates drop.
    Not so much for sex as for the story and chara development.
    Well, OK. For all of the above.