KeitaroYevon

Jan 12, 2017
Something wrong with the game. I started it up, named the character, when through a few scenes and it throws me back to the main menu. Is there something bugged with this version?

Reactions: jack brisen

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
I grabbed and tested the "v1.0 Complete Edition" which supposedly finished the game in full and included both the game and the special episode. It's a waste of 1gb. It will loop a disjointed beginning sequence over and over and every time it ends, it has this error
Code:
While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x0359CA30> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 5f96110>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 5f96190>}>
If you rollback, it will hit that error again. If you ignore it, it will loop over and over. It's broken beyond repair. It's pointing to errors in the renpy folder of all places. The makeup of the game folder is very strange. It's mixed rpa, rpy, rpyc and py files with no real immediate purpose behind the structure.

In short, don't touch it. Not until an expert or someone with a great degree of understanding of python can use the SDK to attempt a repair. Or the dev figures out how to fix it. It's been out less than a day.
Yup game in unplayable at the moment because of that error,maybe someone or even the dev will add a fix patch or the fixed version.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
is there a patch so you can start a new game it runs through the pregame information then errors and start over

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Deep Impact [v1.0] [VCProductions] - Original Size: 949.29 MB

Download Win (136 MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it was best to wait, since the release is bugged

Mikey Mike

Feb 18, 2018
All righty, another "wham bam thank you mam" ending to a marginal game so the dev can move on to his new latest greatest! :rolleyes: I guess I should give him kudos for at least ending it versus the ole so common abandonment like some prodigious devs we all know so well.;)

negisensei1

Jul 13, 2017
Google Translate " Error at game start ... new game... Thanks \o "

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x03046AB0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 56914b0>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 3b65cd0>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\Games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\Games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3047, in interact_core
raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x03046AB0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 56914b0>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 3b65cd0>}>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Deep Impact 1.0
Fri Oct 04 13:32:17 2019

Reactions: brittC25 and Agrik
2.20 star(s) 19 Votes