Hardlove123

Oct 7, 2017
there is a traceback
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x03329EF0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 58bf390>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 58bf430>}>
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\folder\Games\xXx\A New games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\folder\Games\xXx\A New games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\folder\Games\xXx\A New games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\folder\Games\xXx\A New games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\folder\Games\xXx\A New games\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3047, in interact_core
raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x03329EF0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 58bf390>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 58bf430>}>
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Deep Impact 1.0
Fri Oct 04 10:56:50 2019
Because of this I can't continu the game
it keep's playing the intro over and over and over....

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
I got the same error as others, game gives it after You give MC a name and click to start the game, is there a fix for it?

While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x02E9AEF0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 44bd390>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 44bd3b0>}>

Full traceback:
python hide:
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3047, in interact_core
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x02E9AEF0> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 44bd390>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 44bd3b0>}>

Windows
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Deep Impact 1.0
Fri Oct 04 18:35:07 2019

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Here's a patch that corrects the exception error at the beginning of the game.

Extract the zip into the "game" folder and replace/overwrite the files.

Also, the incest patch is outdated and doesn't work.

EDIT: Updated patch to fix the exception error at the end of the game too.

EDIT 2: Go to this post to get the unofficial "fully" fixed version - https://f95zone.to/threads/deep-impact-v1-0-vcproductions.13642/post-2482910

Last edited:

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018

Copy the file into the game folder and overwrite the existing file.

Thanks for the effort, but for me it didn't work ...Even removing the patch ...

Reactions: brittC25

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018

Copy the file into the game folder and overwrite the existing file.

Even with your patch, I am still getting an error after naming the MC:

While running game code:
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x02C7BE30> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 53f1950>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 517e7f0>}>

Full traceback:
python hide:
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
python hide:
ui.interact()
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "C:\Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
File "C:/Deep Impact\DeepImpact-10-pc\DeepImpact-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3047, in interact_core
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <function Fade at 0x02C7BE30> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 53f1950>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 517e7f0>}>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Deep Impact 1.0
Fri Oct 04 18:51:19 2019

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
I've been playing with the code and I think I kind of have a fix/workaround. This really looks like a Ren'py bug and this post is directed to those that know Ren'py and Python better than I do...

All my changes are to start.rpy.
1) remove "jump promoimages" and everything after that. (The last line should be "stop sound"
2) "label start_game" needs to be deblocked by one. (The section is indented by four characters too many.)
3) insert the contents of "promo.rpy" at the end of "start.rpy"
4) add the line "jump chapter1" to the end of the file.

This allowed me to get past the original issue that is being reported. I've blindly made it to chapter 3 without issues so maybe this will be an acceptable fix. Hopefully there's someone around that knows how to do a build and distro can take my changes, test them and release a fixed version.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
I've been playing with the code and I think I kind of have a fix/workaround. This really looks like a Ren'py bug and this post is directed to those that know Ren'py and Python better than I do...

All my changes are to start.rpy.
1) remove "jump promoimages" and everything after that. (The last line should be "stop sound"
2) "label start_game" needs to be deblocked by one. (The section is indented by four characters too many.)
3) insert the contents of "promo.rpy" at the end of "start.rpy"
4) add the line "jump chapter1" to the end of the file.

This allowed me to get past the original issue that is being reported. I've blindly made it to chapter 3 without issues so maybe this will be an acceptable fix. Hopefully there's someone around that knows how to do a build and distro can take my changes, test them and release a fixed version.
Thanks for the hotfix, sadly I can confirm the old IC patch doesn't work. I'm gonna wait for a working one before playing.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Same Problem Mate, Thanks for Trying

2.20 star(s) 19 Votes