HTML Deep in Hollywood Inc. [v0.20] [Ulysses Games]

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes

Trash

Mar 27, 2017
I always found the oscars from that movie bogus since it was clearly an American remake of "Infernal affairs" (same writers) and the original is better than the remake IMO
I guess that certain concept of Chinese trial gang brotherhood culture that does not translate well into US society.
HK gangstar a.k.a. trial is/was a fascinated criminal gang with cultist element. Unless you understand the background or do a lot of research, it is not easy to understand the full original HK movie.
The american remake is a good movie and as you said, not really oscar level good.
However, the Departed won the oscar because the academic thinks Martin Scorsese's career deserve one.

Reactions: DrDerpington

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
It's a dumb idea for a game that requires reading before reacting. What if the player has trouble reading stuff and is unable to read things as fast as the author assumed? They could be dyslexic, a non-native speaker of English, have bad eyesight etc.
same for action games, FPS, QTE anything that checks on react time because not everyone is born equal
maybe the devs can add a difficulty setting when they have the skill/time, but don't say its dumb just because sth isnt implemented to make your life easier

DudeBoy

Nov 18, 2017
i wont lie, i feel like the perfect topper to the "fashion show" would be if you drank all the champagne and/or have high enough stats your character goes out one more time totally nude.
maybe even an extra check to touch herself onstage.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
i wont lie, i feel like the perfect topper to the "fashion show" would be if you drank all the champagne and/or have high enough stats your character goes out one more time totally nude.
maybe even an extra check to touch herself onstage.
That would going too far in a really short amount of time. Heroine is not corrupted enough (yet). Maybe later in shory.

Also I dont think you know, how alcohol really works. Alcohol doesnt make you do things you wouldnt want to do sobber. Unless you are pushed into it by other people (like a dare).
But heroine is there alone. To do that out of her own volition, she would have to have that kind of inclinations in her mind. Therefore heroine needs to be corrupted enough or like exhibitionism enough.

DudeBoy

Nov 18, 2017
the alcohol is used as a stat buff in the game. thats where i got that from. i wasn't really concerned with the real world effects of alcohol in the game where your first arrest in game is to strip a woman naked in the middle of the street.
its also why i proposed "high stats" since those are a direct value of "corruption" as you put it.
its just a hot idea in my opinion. the idea that the PC can get so wild/wasted they gradually go out in less and less clothes is great and i felt that the natural end point would be full nudity

luccia87

Jun 6, 2017
Is the game abandoned already? Does anyone know if the development is being worked on? This promised but I have the feeling that it will be another game that could have been and that it falls by the wayside.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is the game abandoned already? Does anyone know if the development is being worked on? This promised but I have the feeling that it will be another game that could have been and that it falls by the wayside.
:unsure: Why would you think this abandoned when it was updated just last month? It may eventually fall by the wayside but there's zero evidence to indicate that it has done so yet.

someoldguy

Aug 8, 2017
I like the general game design. However there may need to be some cues to when you should wait, or it becomes a problem because you end up waiting pointlessly on a lot of other pages. This is compounded by the lack of points to open certain choices on first playthrough. Like needing to be submissive on our first visit to the Playhouse and having no apparent way to get even one point at that stage in the story. It leads to second guessing other choices, like would have choosing literature over arts, or only child over having a brother somehow opened an opportunity to get a point? You can end up repetitively restarting and pausing on pages hunting that elusive choice you missed.

Reactions: Gasaraki69
Sep 8, 2019
Seems to be abandoned
OK it has only been 3 months since the last update give him some time if it is abandoned we will know in a year, but right now he has time, and also he has no patron or subscribestar so it might be that he is doing this recreationally and have a regular job.

Thojnaan

Apr 13, 2018
OK it has only been 3 months since the last update give him some time if it is abandoned we will know in a year, but right now he has time, and also he has no patron or subscribestar so it might be that he is doing this recreationally and have a regular job.
The worrying thing is that he hasn't even logged on since May, so it's not like he's lurking either.

DanHelsing

Aug 14, 2020
Anyone play Version 14 and not be able to get enough points to see the priest scene in the church or continue watching the TV even when playing through several ways and maxing the values needed?

I can't get more than 10 depravity and apparently that isn't enough to keep watching TV.

My exhibition score won't go over 16, 15 if I max my submission instead. Neither way is good enough to continue with the priest in the church. Am I missing something? Some hidden scenes or options or did the dev make it so you can't see that content yet?

galasis11

Dec 1, 2020
Anyone play Version 14 and not be able to get enough points to see the priest scene in the church or continue watching the TV even when playing through several ways and maxing the values needed?

I can't get more than 10 depravity and apparently that isn't enough to keep watching TV.

My exhibition score won't go over 16, 15 if I max my submission instead. Neither way is good enough to continue with the priest in the church. Am I missing something? Some hidden scenes or options or did the dev make it so you can't see that content yet?
I haven't been able to watch TV or interact with the priest either. But I get stuck on the second playthrough. Perhaps if I could proceed...

Ulysses Games

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2023
Hi! The game is not abandonded!! I wanted to do an update before the summer break but work got busier than expected. Back at it, so being realistic I plan to release the update in about 2 weeks (The things one does for fun ;)). Thank you for playing!

galasis11

Dec 1, 2020
Hi! The game is not abandonded!! I wanted to do an update before the summer break but work got busier than expected. Back at it, so being realistic I plan to release the update in about 2 weeks (The things one does for fun ;)). Thank you for playing!
Thank goodness. I was really enjoying the game and started to get bummed out by lack of contact with the creator. Glad to hear you haven't abandoned the project. Quick question, any chance you could hold us over with a quick patch to v14 to get past that annoying inability to change in the police station locker room the second playthrough?

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes