FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Defending Lydia Collier [v0.14.1] [White Phantom Games] [MinQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 8.13GB
Repack size: 976MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC =
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) =

Notice: No need to redownload whole thing again, just use v0.14.1 Update Only (~1.06MB) in attachments below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

Last edited:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
There will be a update only file?
Will not be made.

This update changes the engine from Ren'Py 7.3 to Ren'Py 7.5.3 so you need all the new Ren'Py associated files, which was necessary for me to do to eventually release the game, and you need all the old ones removing.

Drag dropping the new stuff would leave the unused old stuff, and asking people to delete individual files, folders and directories from the Ren'Py area I can see resulting in a ton of bugs.

I also wasn't correctly protecting licensed files so the game is now wrapped in .rpa files and I needed to do that retrospectively.

Sorry about that, had to be done and it shouldn't affect saves, but going forward update only files will return.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Will not be made.

This update changes the engine from Ren'Py 7.3 to Ren'Py 7.5.3 so you need all the new Ren'Py associated files, which was necessary for me to do to eventually release the game, and you need all the old ones removing.

Drag dropping the new stuff would leave the unused old stuff, and asking people to delete individual files, folders and directories from the Ren'Py area I can see resulting in a ton of bugs.

I also wasn't correctly protecting licensed files so the game is now wrapped in .rpa files and I needed to do that retrospectively.

Sorry about that, had to be done and it shouldn't affect saves, but going forward update only files will return.
That's fine, no need to apologize. Just one more question: can this change in renpy affect the perfomance of the game in some computers? I ask because the last game i played where dev upgrade renpy version, the perfomance of the game, mainly the animations, was really bad in my notebook after the upgrade in engine

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
any hints about jenna gallery 7 scene? it seems i miss something to get it .
There's a bug with that one (I forgot the flag).

Will be a v.0.14.1 released very shortly that fixes all the reported bugs (primarily typos), a problem with boys mission selection, that gallery bug, a problem with Steph's gallery not turning to black and white when deselected, and a note about the game ending here when it doesn't.

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
There's a bug with that one (I forgot the flag).

Will be a v.0.14.1 released very shortly that fixes all the reported bugs (primarily typos), a problem with boys mission selection, that gallery bug, a problem with Steph's gallery not turning to black and white when deselected, and a note about the game ending here when it doesn't.
Thank you for the prompt answer , i know this forum is eh , kinda hard to digest to most devs , but dont lose hope and shape the game as you envisioned it ! Also would like to be able to purchase your game on a platform such as steam , it would really be awsome to add to my collection.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
That's fine, no need to apologize. Just one more question: can this change in renpy affect the perfomance of the game in some computers? I ask because the last game i played where dev upgrade renpy version, the perfomance of the game, mainly the animations, was really bad in my notebook after the upgrade in engine
Potentially but I doubt it. The Python Code is still Python 2, I'm still using primarily jpgs and nearly all my animations are provided as videos, not image sequences, so they just play as videos and won't change at all.

You could just take control of the thread here and release things at your own leisure. Plenty of devs do that and they tend to have fairly 'respected' patreon and public releases even if the latter is delayed by few weeks. You might feel like you shouldn't have to, but that's just life.
Removing a link will lose your ownership of the thread, and uploaders can still update it and they will as soon as people share it, so it wouldn't resolve anything really. I'd own the thread, somebody would share it, uploaders would still update it regardless.

I know its going to end up here eventually, its a game with no DRM after all, but within 24 hours just really stings.

tvrvc2000

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Sorry,
I would like to download your game, but I can't wait for 5 hours to load. Mega is limited for me, up to 4GB. Google Drive would run to me because I have an account. Do you also offer, unfortunately not with PC.
Too bad.
Kind regards

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes