zainon

Jan 27, 2021
Which route did you take to meet her?
-ellie's path
-pick ellie side when their mother scold samantha
-ask to stop hitting samantha when talking to their mother at kitchen (i forgot the exact sentence just don't chose the option with oven or lightbulb something)
-be rough on their mother, she is a sub

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
As the moderators declined to do anything about it, if anybody reads the completely retarded review by destroll (hints in the name, it is a troll account), the game has a total of 13 forced clicks across nearly 10,000 renders and 3 years of development. 99% of the stuff on the computer and phone is optional and you can simply click power off if you wish to avoid it. There is no forced grind or storm of clicking required as falsely claimed by this sad user (who admits he deleted the game about Day 4 in the story, so he missed 95%+ of the content and yet still decided to drop a review).

You're free to think the game sucks, the models sucks, the story sucks, you're free to review the game one star because of it if you wish, but don't try and pretend the game has some kind of grind/forced clicking mechanic because you're too stupid to click the exit button. (y)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
As the moderators declined to do anything about it, if anybody reads the completely retarded review by destroll (hints in the name, it is a troll account), the game has a total of 13 forced clicks across nearly 10,000 renders and 3 years of development. 99% of the stuff on the computer and phone is optional and you can simply click power off if you wish to avoid it. There is no forced grind or storm of clicking required as falsely claimed by this sad user (who admits he deleted the game about Day 4 in the story, so he missed 95%+ of the content and yet still decided to drop a review).

You're free to think the game sucks, the models sucks, the story sucks, you're free to review the game one star because of it if you wish, but don't try and pretend the game has some kind of grind/forced clicking mechanic because you're too stupid to click the exit button. (y)
i have reported too today, rejected as yours

Reactions: WhitePhantom

Euro2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hi! It's my first time downloading the android version of a game from this website. When I open it, it asks me to give the app permission to all files. That seems kinda odd to me. Is it trustworthy, should I grant permission?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hi! It's my first time downloading the android version of a game from this website. When I open it, it asks me to give the app permission to all files. That seems kinda odd to me. Is it trustworthy, should I grant permission?
As long as you have "the 66"'s version then yes, he makes the android version for dozens of games including mine and is a very helpful guy who does all of his work in the spirit of helping the community grow, not just android ports but helping developers with coding, converting and all sorts. I've trusted him to put code he made into the game myself when I didn't know how to do certain things, so I'd trust whatever reason it needs those permissions are benevolent and helpful.

Edit: I checked the66's Discord, the reason it needs the permission is so the save files are stored externally, meaning if you delete the app then you'll be able to redownload it in the future and your saves will still be there.

I can't speak for any of the ports not made by the66 as they're all completely third party and not made by me, but Sam and the others that run the site do a good job of ensuring nothing malicious is posted on the game pages.

Last edited:

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
that being said, asking for such permission is ridiculous, and there are lots of android ports (which have persistent saves too) that doesnt do that

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
As an android player yes grant permission, it is usually just for persistant saves. But you are keeply safe

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
that being said, asking for such permission is ridiculous, and there are lots of android ports (which have persistent saves too) that doesnt do that
Most android ports with persistent saves will ask for permission now. I find the only ports that dont ask dont have persistent saves

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Now you know why:
my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.
I know tales from unending void has it, when new version comes out I just reinstall it and everything works like a charm
Play protect apps will not even download if you refuse to give the permissions they need,
they are endorsed by the Android sistem provider and almost never tell you why they want the permissions.

Reactions: snakeplisskin
4.60 star(s) 146 Votes