grohotor

May 15, 2020
okay steph has a past but this excuse can't work always...right? even if you don't care about her past then in present time WHAT THE FUCK CONDOMS ARE DOING IN HER ROOM? I thought Marissa is the bigger slut but Steph and Marissa are at equal levels. She's not in my main walkthrough anyways.
i don't understand what you mean. do you think only sluts have condoms or something ? its not like its a big investment

Reactions: McWoodz

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hello!

I hope you all enjoyed the update of The Manifest: Shadows over Manston.

Since then I've been working on Defending Lydia Collier v.09, and I've currently completed and edited about 250 renders so far, and am about 50% through the dialogue.

This update is going to be released sometime in December before Christmas.

The Manifest's update took a week and a bit longer than planned and Defending Lydia Collier's v.09 is going to be the biggest update yet, so that is the reason for the slightly longer than usual update date. Whilst I could release a 300-odd render update this week, some people would appreciate that, but for some people, they'd have basically no content. So I'm going to complete the day as planned and then release it.

This update's day is going to be considerably longer than all the previous ones have been. The story is picking up massively with this update, and there isn't really going to be much of an opportunity for the MC to sit around and do nothing anymore, this means scenes for the morning, middays and evenings whereas in previous updates this wasn't the case.

Nearly every character is getting an adult scene this update, so nearly all relationship paths are going to continue.

There will be at least one (but for some, more than one) adult scene for: Ellie, Steph, Vanessa and Jenna.

Overall this means the update is probably going to be 600-700 renders long upon completion, which is about 20-30% more content than the previous largest update, which is why it will take slightly longer as it takes longer for my computer to render the extra scenes and for me to write the extra dialogue.

Going forward, each update is likely to be this size, however as many of the locations I'm creating this update will be already made I'm hoping to regain rendering time on the future updates as the story will revisit these same locations.

Additionally, with some of the funds that I've received from your donations (which I thank you massively for) I've purchased some background audio, and I'll be looking at adding this to the game in a future update once I work out how to do it. My aim is to make things like door knocking and story appropriate sounds can also be implemented at their necessary moments in the future to make the game a bit more immersive. This is something I'm practicing and learning to do, and as it does not take any time away from rendering this will be a random update at some point in the future to solely implement this when I've got it working, and it will just effectively 'bolt-on' to whatever update is out at the moment.

I'm also looking at a GUI upgrade on both games to get away from the default Ren'Py skin in the future, but this is low priority and so far something I'm not particularly good at, and again will be just a small update that adds on to whatever version I am currently at.

The Manifest: Shadows over Manston will also be getting two small updates soon. The first of these will be solely to add the small images of the person speaking that Defending Lydia Collier has, I've got these working now so I just need to render the faces and add it in, this is likely to be December time.

The second update will be a 'text rehaul'. I'm going to go back through the text and fix a lot of the errors, lack of punctuation and prune out and replace irrelevant dialogue that related to storylines I removed with the 'Retold' updates.

All of these smaller updates do not take away from rendering time, so will just come out once I've finished them.

Thanks again for all the continued support, I'm now solely working on this alongside my degree so will be able to keep up the lockdown level of hours I'm putting into it with furlough coming to an end!

WP

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hello!

I hope you all enjoyed the update of The Manifest: Shadows over Manston.

Since then I've been working on Defending Lydia Collier v.09, and I've currently completed and edited about 250 renders so far, and am about 50% through the dialogue.

This update is going to be released sometime in December before Christmas.

The Manifest's update took a week and a bit longer than planned and Defending Lydia Collier's v.09 is going to be the biggest update yet, so that is the reason for the slightly longer than usual update date. Whilst I could release a 300-odd render update this week, some people would appreciate that, but for some people, they'd have basically no content. So I'm going to complete the day as planned and then release it.

This update's day is going to be considerably longer than all the previous ones have been. The story is picking up massively with this update, and there isn't really going to be much of an opportunity for the MC to sit around and do nothing anymore, this means scenes for the morning, middays and evenings whereas in previous updates this wasn't the case.

Nearly every character is getting an adult scene this update, so nearly all relationship paths are going to continue.

There will be at least one (but for some, more than one) adult scene for: Ellie, Steph, Vanessa and Jenna.

Overall this means the update is probably going to be 600-700 renders long upon completion, which is about 20-30% more content than the previous largest update, which is why it will take slightly longer as it takes longer for my computer to render the extra scenes and for me to write the extra dialogue.

Going forward, each update is likely to be this size, however as many of the locations I'm creating this update will be already made I'm hoping to regain rendering time on the future updates as the story will revisit these same locations.

Additionally, with some of the funds that I've received from your donations (which I thank you massively for) I've purchased some background audio, and I'll be looking at adding this to the game in a future update once I work out how to do it. My aim is to make things like door knocking and story appropriate sounds can also be implemented at their necessary moments in the future to make the game a bit more immersive. This is something I'm practicing and learning to do, and as it does not take any time away from rendering this will be a random update at some point in the future to solely implement this when I've got it working, and it will just effectively 'bolt-on' to whatever update is out at the moment.

I'm also looking at a GUI upgrade on both games to get away from the default Ren'Py skin in the future, but this is low priority and so far something I'm not particularly good at, and again will be just a small update that adds on to whatever version I am currently at.

The Manifest: Shadows over Manston will also be getting two small updates soon. The first of these will be solely to add the small images of the person speaking that Defending Lydia Collier has, I've got these working now so I just need to render the faces and add it in, this is likely to be December time.

The second update will be a 'text rehaul'. I'm going to go back through the text and fix a lot of the errors, lack of punctuation and prune out and replace irrelevant dialogue that related to storylines I removed with the 'Retold' updates.

All of these smaller updates do not take away from rendering time, so will just come out once I've finished them.

Thanks again for all the continued support, I'm now solely working on this alongside my degree so will be able to keep up the lockdown level of hours I'm putting into it with furlough coming to an end!

WP
Thank you for always keeping us informed :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Great news of story going places and them looks getting better:
day is going to be considerably longer
scenes for the morning, middays and evenings
scene for: Ellie, Steph, Vanessa and Jenna
Dev is half way there already ... babes getting MC”s throbbing enthisiasm and unquenched desire!

update is probably going to be 600-700 renders long
I could release a 300-odd render update this week

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Not sure why I'm not seeing the cheats from KoGa's mod? His mods have worked with other games I've played though

Edit: Only shows if I start a new game :/

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Not sure why I'm not seeing the cheats from KoGa's mod? His mods have worked with other games I've played though

Edit: Only shows if I start a new game :/
Yes, that's how you can tell that my programming skills are a bit limited :oops:
But: because of my audio extension in the program code, most of the time the saves without my Mod won't work well anyway.

But but: I add in the next Mod update, that, if you can load such a save a bit before a new game chapter, my Mod menu symbol appears after reaching the new game chapter.

Reactions: gr33nappleboy

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Yes, that's how you can tell that my programming skills are a bit limited :oops:
But: because of my audio extension in the program code, most of the time the saves without my Mod won't work well anyway.

But but: I add in the next Mod update, that, if you can load such a save a bit before a new game chapter, my Mod menu symbol appears after reaching the new game chapter.
Duly noted. You good :)

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Good Evening!

Hope you're all well and staying safe!

Defending Lydia Collier's latest update is still rolling along as planned.

I've now finished all of the story elements of this update, and am just completing the second of five adult scenes that will be added.
I've got about 200 renders approximately left at the moment, and am planning to have the update released probably the week before Christmas.

As previously mentioned this update will be the longest one yet render wise which is why it has taken a little bit longer than usual along.

Some of the funds I've received have also been used to purchase some upgraded anatomical parts, so they should look a bit more realistically and less plasticy than has been previously mentioned.

I'll post another update on the progress in a week or so.

Thanks again for your continued support!

WP

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Good Evening!

Hope you're all well and staying safe!

Defending Lydia Collier's latest update is still rolling along as planned.

I've now finished all of the story elements of this update, and am just completing the second of five adult scenes that will be added.
I've got about 200 renders approximately left at the moment, and am planning to have the update released probably the week before Christmas.

As previously mentioned this update will be the longest one yet render wise which is why it has taken a little bit longer than usual along.

Some of the funds I've received have also been used to purchase some upgraded anatomical parts, so they should look a bit more realistically and less plasticy than has been previously mentioned.

I'll post another update on the progress in a week or so.

Thanks again for your continued support!

WP
Thank you for sharing that here :)

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

A character there was a slight reference to, but who hasn't yet been seen will be revealed in the upcoming update!
Only featuring on Ellie's path, will she ruin the relationship with your employee, or make it even better?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

A character there was a slight reference to, but who hasn't yet been seen will be revealed in the upcoming update!
Only featuring on Ellie's path, will she ruin the relationship with your employee, or make it even better?
Again thanks for sharing but man, but now I'm anxious to see... :)

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018

Hello guys!
I'm working on improving the phone and photo viewing ability as some of the feedback I've received has been that it is frustrating to only be able to view certain girls images on certain days, and the constant menus appearing on the screen. So I've spent some time experimenting and made this (also got rid of the trademarked name).
The plan is to have this available for all characters, so when the opportunity arises to look at certain girls pictures, you can do so, and they'll update their profiles as time goes on through the game.
Like I said this change has come from some constructive criticism about the previous way it was implemented, so I do take everything onboard and improve it where I can.
So let me know what you think!

(PC Only atm, demo build)
WP

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Samantha6.jpg

Hello, hope you're all well!

Firstly a huge thank you to everybody who gave me feedback regarding the phone changes.
Initially I wasn't going to include it in this update and have a separate overhaul update, but I've been working on this so much I really hope I'll be able to fit it in.

Those of you have followed my games know about me and coding, I have absolutely no experience in it so everything so far has been extremely basic just a flow of text diverging on a flag here and there, but nothing beyond that.
With the new knowledge I've gained through learning screens and imagebuttons and all kinds of things for this I've got some big plans on making the game look better in lot of different ways. Anybody that really isn't bothered about this, the good news is that I don't lose any render time for it, as I'm coding and photoshopping back on my laptop. This also won't delay the update, if the renders are done first v.09 will be out without it.

Now onto the main substance of this update, I'm now on the 4th of 6 adult scenes to be included with this update. I realised some players may be on a more vanilla path with Steph so she's got an additional originally overlooked scene coming.
I've got more than 500 renders completed for this update completed at this moment in time. Previously, version 0.8 was the biggest so far with 430, and in this update I've already surpassed this and I've still got roughly 200 more to go.
Version 0.9 is going to be approximately 700 renders, making it basically the size of two updates which is the reason for why it is taking longer, it is going to be the size of two updates.

Regarding the time of year, I will be unreachable for a few days and I'll answer any messages upon my return.

December's Poll will be 'New Years Eve Party' themed, and the poll will go up shortly after this post for $10+ supporters.

Thank you for all your continued support, stay safe, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

WP

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
View attachment 953877

Hello, hope you're all well!

Firstly a huge thank you to everybody who gave me feedback regarding the phone changes.
Initially I wasn't going to include it in this update and have a separate overhaul update, but I've been working on this so much I really hope I'll be able to fit it in.

Those of you have followed my games know about me and coding, I have absolutely no experience in it so everything so far has been extremely basic just a flow of text diverging on a flag here and there, but nothing beyond that.
With the new knowledge I've gained through learning screens and imagebuttons and all kinds of things for this I've got some big plans on making the game look better in lot of different ways. Anybody that really isn't bothered about this, the good news is that I don't lose any render time for it, as I'm coding and photoshopping back on my laptop. This also won't delay the update, if the renders are done first v.09 will be out without it.

Now onto the main substance of this update, I'm now on the 4th of 6 adult scenes to be included with this update. I realised some players may be on a more vanilla path with Steph so she's got an additional originally overlooked scene coming.
I've got more than 500 renders completed for this update completed at this moment in time. Previously, version 0.8 was the biggest so far with 430, and in this update I've already surpassed this and I've still got roughly 200 more to go.
Version 0.9 is going to be approximately 700 renders, making it basically the size of two updates which is the reason for why it is taking longer, it is going to be the size of two updates.

Regarding the time of year, I will be unreachable for a few days and I'll answer any messages upon my return.

December's Poll will be 'New Years Eve Party' themed, and the poll will go up shortly after this post for $10+ supporters.

Thank you for all your continued support, stay safe, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

WP
Thanks for posting this :)

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes