WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Thanks, I will fix the text and change the flag.

With the saves, I might need to just figure out how to turn saves off when on the laptop and beyond the main page because the laptop uses screens calling other screens and if it isn't saving all that info properly that's beyond my knowledge sadly (I only just learnt screens this update and took me months, not really a coder) so it may be better to make the user go back to the homepage to save. But I'll look into it and try and work something out, thanks for letting me know!

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
im a lil confused by these 2 conflicting lines of dialog...
DLCollier 001.png
DLCollier 002.png

One screen were told Yennifer couldnt tell if Lydia's car was at the house when she got there, yet in the convo the player character has with her before hand she tells him Lydia drove her to the house herself! How the hell does that make any sense?!?!?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Sorry again, dev:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree with the posts above, the game has many nice additions and it deserves to be played again from the beginning.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
This is really a fantastic game! I am actually quite happy I started over. a novel of this kind kind of losses its amazing effect being read by parts. So starting over I totally fall in love with it more than ever!

Really, really great.

About the new features, they are extremely well done. I will not deny that I dislike reading the newspaper news (so I only look at headlines), but I read the whole conversations on Ellie's laptop and it felt totally fantastic! Like I was really reading two sisters talk!

Really, amazing job!

Last edited:

Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
I need help here understanding, this might sound dumb and stupid. what does this mean in the walkthrough and what full picture? Like the 2nd one with the dog that she on the floor and u almost see her feet? Or the striped bikini one on the beach? do I make it full screen 3 times? the walkthrough mod is not working, I have tried them both and nothing is showing.

29. Choose one: A) Ellie’s [+1 Ellie Insta]
➢ See full picture (Repeat x3)
➢ I’d love to get to see even… [+1 Lust]
➢ See full picture (Repeat x6) [Alarm]

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
And funny part is , this update doesnt actually progress story , more like add small features... also dev has another game too which wont get updated to soon either , speaking of milking patreons
thatword.jpg

I was unaware that you are such close friends with the developer, and they have summoned your help to keep people informed on development progress, and release dates. Thank you for sparing your valuable time to inform us.

It doesn't seem like WhitePhantom is milking anybody to me.

Look at what he has produced: Two games of good quality. The Manifest & Defending Lydia Carter.

You could argue, "Well this update didn't have much content. There is only like 100 new renders!" Which is a fair criticism if you go off of renders alone. However adding and implementing the computers, and phones is not something that was slapped together on a weekend. That's a lot of advanced coding involving screens, and variables. Many additions were made to the game under the hood in terms of code that you probably didn't notice. Progress was made.

Whenever I see someone say "milker" I always have a check on the persons patreon to see how much they are allegedly milking folks for. He is only making like 700 bucks a month. A person can make twice that much flipping burgers full time. White Phantom deserves every penny he earns, and probably more.

If you want to point your finger and say "Milker" I suggest you use your efforts where they are needed most.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I need help here understanding, this might sound dumb and stupid. what does this mean in the walkthrough and what full picture?
That part is outdated, I guess. It made sense in V0.8, now the phone has been revamped.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
However adding and implementing the computers, and phones is not something that was slapped together on a weekend.
Screens aren't a joke, they're tricky. Plenty of stuff to study and put in practice, always hoping that they work as intended.
What the dev achieved is amazing, even more if you consider that he is a one man team without previous experience in screens.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
i like the game and was looking forward to a new update. But the implementation of mobile phone and laptop completely destroys the fun of the game for me. is there a way to turn this off? :unsure:

Reactions: Paldor
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes