cycloprofane

Jun 3, 2019
I used to be able to play this game via mac by using the www folder and opening the HMTL file with a web browser. Now I always get various loading errors, depending on the web browser I use. Anyone know anything about this?
Haha, that was a good idea. Okay, so just opening index.html won't work, since the game needs to be served off of a server. File paths will be are relative to server, not absolute, which is why you see that failed to load message. Which is probably why web versions of this game, and many other games today, don't work properly.

Okay, so long story short. On Mac, you should have python installed by default. So start up a simple HTTP server in the www folder, and you should be good to go.

Steps:
1. Download game and extract .rar file.
2. Go into the www folder.
3. Open terminal in folder (or, skip step 2, and you can start terminal and cd into the www folder).
4. Check Python version. run "python --version" (without the quotes)

5.a. For python version 2.x.x, run the following command in terminal in the www folder, (without the quotes again)
"python -m SimpleHTTPServer"

5.b. For python version 3.x.x, run the following command in terminal in the www folder, (without the quotes again)
"python3 -m http.server"

6. Open web browser and go to localhost:8000 and you should be able to play.

Tested on Linux, don't see why it shouldn't work on Mac (or Windows, if python is installed) either.

Cheers.

[P.S.: If you want to read up about this ]

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
They didn't say they didn't want corruption... they just didn't want to be forced to be a slut because of circumstances beyond their control.
Exactly. I'm fine with the mc being a slut if there are choices for her (like who she'll fuck, or how), like in that first game of your sig. The problem to me is being defenseless or playing an MC that makes unrealistic choices.

This game grew on me though. At least it is justified that Kira is forced to a lot of stuff in the beginning and the whole second personality badass Kira changed everything to me later on. Seriously, I chose the first option in the prison shower, to see the scene, but I loved that even after that, you still got the choice to bring badass Kira out in the second prompt. That little event made the game to me.

I'm glad I kept playing it and endured the beginning.

Last edited:

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
First of all, ill say this is MY opinion, feel free to agree or not. That said

I played the Party Quest, and i loved the story with its humor, the art is really great (even though i was not convinced with the new kira). The only thing is that it doesnt seem like the same kira as before, its a new character alltogether.

Ill try to descrive the diference between the old an new kira:
-The nose used to be smaller/thinner along with the mouth, that made her look more.. delicate(at first ofc).
-The chin was pointer, but i dont know how much pointer could it get before it starts looking non-human
-The body was a little smaller, more relatable with a 18 years old fresh from school (as said in the description).
-The boobs if this is the clean kira with no implants... i cant imagine after she makes them bigger, i think should be way smaller to start with.
-The hair is too white, that contrast too much with everything else, the old kira, even though it was white, it was kind of cream and went along with the skin color.

I would love to see the new kira more like this (im not sure how the modifications would be made, or how they would really affect the character in the end, just my speculation how to make her look like the first one).
You definitely described the best points between both and i indeed agree with you.

Reactions: Torek

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
So how do you progress in the hospital, after talking to Olga? There are a bunch of treatments, I did all of them, including the New You. I don't know what else to do. Can you even use the jammer? The Quest Log says "Enter 'New You' (Hospital, corridor elevator).

Also, what the hell was that new look they gave Kira during the New Look procedure? Is that going to be permanent, or can you keep the original one? The only reason I'm even playing this game, is because of her original look from the beginning of the game. I absolutely hated that other one. After the procedure was done and there was the whole flash back kind of thing with her new witch bimbo look, she was back to her original appearance.

What is going on? I'm really confused right now.

Last edited:

gamcore

Aug 29, 2018
I have faced this before, when launching the game (index.html) through www folder, I get these errors.

Firefox:
TypeError
this.imagePreloads[folder] is undefined

Chrome:
TypeError
Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

chaien5a

Jul 15, 2017
So how do you progress in the hospital, after talking to Olga? There are a bunch of treatments, I did all of them, including the New You. I don't know what else to do. Can you even use the jammer? The Quest Log says "Enter 'New You' (Hospital, corridor elevator).

Also, what the hell was that new look they gave Kira during the New Look procedure? Is that going to be permanent, or can you keep the original one? The only reason I'm even playing this game, is because of her original look from the beginning of the game. I absolutely hated that other one. After the procedure was done and there was the whole flash back kind of thing with her new witch bimbo look, she was back to her original appearance.

same , help pls

aa14

Jul 1, 2017
Haha, that was a good idea. Okay, so just opening index.html won't work, since the game needs to be served off of a server. File paths will be are relative to server, not absolute, which is why you see that failed to load message. Which is probably why web versions of this game, and many other games today, don't work properly.

Okay, so long story short. On Mac, you should have python installed by default. So start up a simple HTTP server in the www folder, and you should be good to go.

Steps:
1. Download game and extract .rar file.
2. Go into the www folder.
3. Open terminal in folder (or, skip step 2, and you can start terminal and cd into the www folder).
4. Check Python version. run "python --version" (without the quotes)

5.a. For python version 2.x.x, run the following command in terminal in the www folder, (without the quotes again)
"python -m SimpleHTTPServer"

5.b. For python version 3.x.x, run the following command in terminal in the www folder, (without the quotes again)
"python3 -m http.server"

6. Open web browser and go to localhost:8000 and you should be able to play.

Tested on Linux, don't see why it shouldn't work on Mac (or Windows, if python is installed) either.

Cheers.

[P.S.: If you want to read up about this ]
Unfortunately I still get the same sort of errors! The web browser loads the localhost as if it's loading the game, the defenestration logo appears in the tab of my browser, but I get the same errors. This was an awesome answer though, I learned a good deal from it.

Flyingnixons

Feb 17, 2018
All most all of you play the game for free. I am a patron to mulan. Can you guys just stop whining please? at first ya'll mad because the old art used some assets from a different game, now you are getting mad because Mulan and the artist made their own version?? Just STFU!!! can you just be happy with a good quality game for free? Maybe if you pay at least 2$ a month you can have a say.

Feb 4, 2018

That's the end of the game content for now . For the new you procedure i think you will decide if you take it or not later in the game next updates.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
That's the end of the game content for now . For the new you procedure i think you will decide if you take it or not later in the game next updates.
Thanks, I certainly hope that you can choose between keeping her original look or the "New Look". I'm fine with the breats implants, but they ruined Kira to me in that last part.

Just STFU!!! can you just be happy with a good quality game for free? Maybe if you pay at least 2$ a month you can have a say.
No, I won't shut up and you need to get over other people's opinions. As for you being a supporter; good for you! I'm glad you like the game and the new art. Just don't forget that you're not alone in the world and that other people may think differently than you. People who may also support this dev if they like the game enough, after playing for free, like I have done in the past.

Being a patron doesn't make your opinion any more valid. I could simply go there and become the highest patron of this dev, and even that wouldn't make me more or less important than you. So get over yourself!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
I could simply go there and become the highest patron of this dev, and even that wouldn't make me more or less important than you.
It literally would, though. If you payed enough you could change the whole story to "Tolstoi: lawyer, crimefighter, renaissance man". Or you could change Kira to have a beard and a penis. "Does this game have futa content?" Now it does!

Flyingnixons

Feb 17, 2018
Thanks, I certainly hope that you can choose between keeping her original look or the "New Look". I'm fine with the breats implants, but they ruined Kira to me in that last part.

No, I won't shut up and you need to get over other people's opinions. As for you being a supporter; good for you! I'm glad you like the game and the new art. Just don't forget that you're not alone in the world and that other people may think differently than you. People who may also support this dev if they like the game enough, after playing for free, like I have done in the past.

Being a patron doesn't make your opinion any more valid. I could simply go there and become the highest patron of this dev, and even that wouldn't make me more or less important than you. So get over yourself!
i agree with you saying my opinion is on the same level as yours. All im saying is there is not much anyone can do about the changes, its taken mulan 12 weeks for this full update to come out, thats 12 weeks of coding for this specific art design. i played this game for free for the longest time as well but i never complained because beggars cant be choosers. I am a fan of the old art as well but there is nothing i can do about it except move on. I still love the game, the way kira looks is not that bad so im going to continue to support Mulan.

damnson1111

Jul 21, 2017
As Patreons to the game, we have voting right to the game direction to an extend. Non-Patreons don't have any direct influence. Is that not enough for you? It seems like you are having problem with Non-Patreons having a voice at all, on a 3rd party smut game discussion forum at that. I hope you can see how ridiculous that is. Being a Patreon supporter means that your voice will be more significant, not that everyone else can't have theirs.

Also, you are misrepresenting both of the position you mentioned.

1) Old art used some assets from a different game

Some old arts used traced body and pose from other artists without their knowledge, most people didn't have a problem with that (i.e. me and probably you).

2) Now you are getting mad because they are making their own version

If you go back and actually read, most criticisms for the new Kira are about her face, which isn't traced to begin with and honestly shouldn't have been changed.

Your attempted irony is invalid because those are entirely two different concerns and they are not mutually exclusive. It'd be more valid if people were complaining about the tracing and those exact same people are complaining that now the bodies aren't traced anymore, which no one is doing.

Your last question is useless even as a rhetoric one. If people are satisfied with every single aspect of the game direction, you wouldn't see criticisms and since human views are subjective, that won't ever happen. And of course, you are being unreasonable to decide who should have a say. Not even the game developers can do that here. Who do you think you are?

Flyingnixons

Feb 17, 2018
stuff
1. we are on the same page with the old art
2. i do not have an issue with people who play for free because i used to as well. I think everyones feedback is important but my point is that sometimes complaining in regressive rather than progressive
n a bunch of other stuff along those lines
i said what was on my mind, sure there was a few dumb things in there but i still stand on the basis of if you dont support the game financially then you really cant complain about something you dont like. it was voted on the polls for her face to change so they changed it.

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes