Ren'Py Completed Defiler Wings [v1.4.1] [The Old Huntsman]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Actually you only have to remove the save files under game\saves, ~snip~
Just deleting the stuff in the games/saves folder does *not* work for my machine, it will still pick up with the last point left off. If i delete from either folder and leave the other, the game picks right up where i left off, both ways.

Delete from both, and you start a new game.

At least in my experience, the 2 folders are intrinsically linked, and will update from each other if any files are left in them.

I was, in fact, smart enough to try backing up the saves folder from the get-go.

It took a while of searching my drives for 'defiler' to find where the other source of save files was pulling from.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
uh did anyone check to see if the debug systems work or not because I just decided to try the partially translated version out and it seems that even with the developer thing enabled the debug interface system seems to be missing. just thought I should let you guys and gals know.
It's pretty buggy, its not just a text hook translation it goes into the actual code. Half way through something that was translated correctly started labelling itself as something different.

Example: Defile or rape or whatever was called outrage for me, then for some reason an hour after playing it became "fire protection" in name only mind you but ya.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Man that machine translation is tough to get through. I have no clue what to do half the time! :D
Ya I stopped myself cause I didn't understand what my mission was. ULMF is where i found how to do it. I think I saw a post about someone going back to translating the game, so hopefully a proper one is on the way.

Butcer

Aug 16, 2016
There is only so engrish i can take. And this game passed that in spades, the machine translation is totalt gibberish, sorry but its nearly unplayable because of this.

Reactions: GaRbS

Managarmr

May 7, 2017
There is only so engrish i can take. And this game passed that in spades, the machine translation is totalt gibberish, sorry but its nearly unplayable because of this.
I completely agree with you, the 1.4.1 machine translation is really rough. Try the 1.0.1 version if you haven't already, it has less content but the translation is much better.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
I really recommend playing the 1.01 version, then give the 1.4.1 version a try. There's really only the quests that are confusing, here's a list of what the quests might want you to do:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Probably the best feature in 1.4.1 is that the game no longer autosaves. You can save whenever you want and if you want to load simply go to "main menu" and "continue story" and you'll land where you saved the last time.

MiroKane

May 4, 2017
Really? I found it rather easy to understand, at least the things outside of the big stories or the lore descriptions. I kinda got used to it by thinking that the dragon has a hard time understanding the humans, thus the weird language.
It also helped that I played the version before, so I knew which sort of missions there are.
I agree on the poor English at the start of the dragon life. However, it should get better as time and generations go by.

Priestie

Oct 24, 2017
Love the concept, and the gameplay is fun, but the translation is so badly done that I have a hard time following whats going on.

Managarmr

May 7, 2017
There is now a human translation here hxxps://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/translations/1727139-defiler-wings-1-4-1-machine-translation third link from the top
That's awesome but it should be mentioned that it's still a WIP and it's not complete, a lot of it it's still machine translation.

Last edited:

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
there is a list of cheat ? I have enabled the console but I need the cheat EXample how to add money

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Not that I'm aware. Here are some good tips to earn money though:
- Sky caravans are by far the most profitable things to rob. They can give you multiple ten thousand gold pieces. They're quite tough to kill though.
- "The roads" are another profitable and yet relatively easy place to rob. Just avoid challengers and women and go for juicy targets, so caravans and forts.
- If you plunder enough mines in the mountains you'll be able to craft expensive jewelry which you can seell. If you go to the city (requires one magic point, e.g. as gift from the witch) you can sell it for a lot more than the smugglers would give you.
Letting the craftman do the jewelry though is not necessarily profitable, I'd only advise it if you're required to get a really expensive piecce of jewelry for your queen.

Some combat tips: You have like 4 "hitpoints" (not counting heads). If you're "half-dead" it means you're on your last one and you should get the hell outta there. Until then you can fight without having to fear death. Opponents will only have 1 hp, the likelyhood of who loses is determined by the text (red=awful, blue=neutral, green=good).
You can use magic to give you an edge in combat. I'm not always sure what's right, especially when it's about which opponent being weak to which magic, but I went with fire beats water/ice and the other way around, poison against nature while lightning is good vs. steel (armor). The weaknesses are a lot easier, e.g. lightning resistance against the cloud titan.
Unless you're encountering aggressive opponents like ranger or ballistae (who attack you first, already triggering combat) you can always retreat. This way you won't spend an "action point" for that day. Your dragon's mood will get worse though. You can get him in a better mood by feeding on women, but only until he's "full".
Still, if your objective is gold and not women that's how to maximize your chances of gold.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
There is now a human translation here hxxps://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/translations/1727139-defiler-wings-1-4-1-machine-translation third link from the top
Cool another game from old huntsman. In that thread it seems there is someone working on improving the machine translation. I'm going to check it out, thanks!

clabird

Mar 9, 2018
Has anyone gotten any of the android links to download then install properly? I've gotten 2 of them to download and then none of them to unpack properly. If someone has a working android version with modern distributions of android that Would be great

Dragoran

Jul 21, 2017
Anyone know if the Elven tree comes back? I destroyed it earlier and then got my new mission from the Dark Lady to destroy it, 17 turns into the mission still no elven land :(

Edit: Did a few more turns and it showed up, as far as I can tell it didn't display an event saying the tree was back like it does for the brothel or cathedral rebuild.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Anyone know if the Elven tree comes back? I destroyed it earlier and then got my new mission from the Dark Lady to destroy it, 17 turns into the mission still no elven land :(

Edit: Did a few more turns and it showed up, as far as I can tell it didn't display an event saying the tree was back like it does for the brothel or cathedral rebuild.
Yeah, everything rebuilds after a time, from the dwarven fortress to towns. You can sack the latter btw. until there's nothing but scorched earth.

When approaching the end battle you should remember to raid all these important sites first so they don't send reinforcements!

Reactions: Hryme

Chastened Phoenix

Jul 17, 2017
Decent game!

I found the "save the chick about be burnt at the stake" side quest particularly amusing. The translation still needs work, but that's ok. I do wish the army of darkness could be used in free play mode. Also, having some of the sex pics supplemented with gifs or vids, and adding more deflowering pics to the library would be nice.

Overall, looking forward to further developments on this one!

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes