ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
So I just finished the meeting with the mayor and had Winters tell us about an underwater city. Can we follow up on this yet, or is this the end of the story for now? I tried swimming out to sea and nothing so far.
Since there are no more feats after "Sins of the Past", this would be the end so far.
I have still two undiscovered Discoveries but I guess they are not story related.

jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
Since there are no more feats after "Sins of the Past", this would be the end so far.
I have still two undiscovered Discoveries but I guess they are not story related.
Thanks for the reply.
I figured as much, just wanted to make sure. The story is getting pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

May 25, 2022
when there's nobody left to keep adding content
If that is the case, the game is very close to be finished :KEK:

Is that included image just art or was it some in-development mod for better sex scenes?
I'm aware of the normal Beeesss mod that changes the character sprites (but leaves sex/combat sprites unchanged).
The mod that was on the works and was abandoned would have special CG scenes for special events, like in the brothel, the underground brothel, the wolves, the hawk, etc., with the main character changing their appearance depending on customization.

In other news.
The separatist devs have started the development of a new version of the game with more features and corrections, they are more open to suggestions. I will share such version when gets updated or if I remember to login again in this site :Kappa:

Fingerbib33

Jun 3, 2020
The mod that was on the works and was abandoned would have special CG scenes for special events, like in the brothel, the underground brothel, the wolves, the hawk, etc., with the main character changing their appearance depending on customization.
Thanks for the info. I take it when you say "abandoned" that it was never actually released in any form, or is there an incomplete version of it out there?

Sensei Thor

May 12, 2022
check your settings, there was a bug with the animation setting being set to off which should now be fixed.
True, however turning on animations makes it laggy and can break the game at times. I tried setting the zoom to 80% (community member suggestion) but doesn't seem to work out sadly

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
Given that the game is moving away from its questionable origins, they might as well embrace that new narrative.
I think I like the idea of that better where the PC is renting for their accommodation to study which is a trap set up by Bailey who has deviant plans for those who couldn't pay up and has no interest in simply evicting them, as opposed to the PC being supposedly a young adult still living in an orphanage and having to pay off their arbitrary debt to Bailey.
I would say its better if we dont do that because it still puts an emphasis on why its soo shitty for us right now.

We are living in the orphange not because we are underage but because the headmaster is extorting money from us in a kind of slave labor fashion. We are forced to stay there and pay or we dont get our IDs back, it just makes more sense for this to be the case because the dormitary would just be weak and run into the logical issue on why exactly couldnt we just get into the police and report the issue, call officials and such.
With us being orphans who lived without family and anybody who would have helped us it makes more sense why we couldnt get help from officials. We know no one, had interacted with the goverment zero times and are powerless to change things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You enter Bailey's office. "I know why you're here," she says, running a hand through her dark hair. "You want me to release you from my protection, so you'll be an independent citizen. I could do that. But there's a problem. You've been living under my roof without giving anything in return. You owe me. Until you pay me back, I'm not letting you go."

She lifts an envelope from her desk and thumbs through the contents. You glimpse your name. She smiles as she hides your identification documents in her jacket. "£100 should do. To start with. I don't care how you get it. Knock on doors and ask for work. Rent yourself as a footstool. Steal it even. Just have it a week from now. Or I'll find a way to extract value from you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the school, it doesnt matter what we call it. It could be aswell a trade school or high school also. It doesnt need to be a university infact it also gives a nice note to your situation if we imagine it as its just some public school with no name to it.

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
Lets be honest here, does our MC look remotely close to 18yr?
To be honest our MC looks generic pixel art. I mean take a look at the shiluettes of other chars.
Same height, same body structure. Everybody in this game is the same height.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a sidenote i would love to have an option to purchase a home somewhere else and get rid of Bailey. Like have them offer you an option that if you gather enough cash (which is some horribly huge amount) they give you back your IDs and let you go.
Hell, let us have some deal made with some criminal boss to sweeten that deal so its easier to leave him for some favors here and there for the boss.

Last edited:

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
True, however turning on animations makes it laggy and can break the game at times. I tried setting the zoom to 80% (community member suggestion) but doesn't seem to work out sadly
Yeah, animations are kinda buggy on phone. Turning off character lighting or what its called helped a bit for me.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Oh, shut off!
Your are now officially the absolute hero, who broke game without actually playing the game.
Yeah, you broke the game, congratulations, but you will never see any of its contents.
Are you happy now?

Actually you did not break the game. You only found the most dissatisfactifiing way to play it. And now you blame everybody else.
Oh shut off!
I agree, it's not a fun way to play the game, but the fact that you can do it (I didn't even know how lucrative it was before doing it), breaks the game for me. I wasn't trying to speed run it, but it's still broken, all that needs to be done is cut the earnings from it by ~400% and it will be fixed. Either that or limit the milk production from like 4 litres to a few hundred ml, it makes no sense, my character didn't even have the big milkers.

Aug 22, 2021
I agree, it's not a fun way to play the game, but the fact that you can do it (I didn't even know how lucrative it was before doing it), breaks the game for me. I wasn't trying to speed run it, but it's still broken, all that needs to be done is cut the earnings from it by ~400% and it will be fixed. Either that or limit the milk production from like 4 litres to a few hundred ml, it makes no sense, my character didn't even have the big milkers.
It becomes quite reasonable once you reach the point in the game where you regularly need 10k-50k to pay for (many) various renovations of things. Many things would need to be rebalanced at the same time to make them achievable within a reasonable time frame.

Reactions: ladguru

Catnatic

Nov 25, 2021
We are living in the orphange not because we are underage but because the headmaster is extorting money from us in a kind of slave labor fashion.
I'm aware that is the current narrative of the game where the PC owes Bailey money for living in the orphanage for 'free'.
I wasn't calling it arbitrary because I don't like the idea, but rather that's what I describe their actions of taking advantage of the PC (and other orphans presumably) by extorting them like you said when it's likely not legal for them to do that, which could be borrowed over to the dormitory narrative I suggested.

it just makes more sense for this to be the case because the dormitary would just be weak and run into the logical issue on why exactly couldnt we just get into the police and report the issue, call officials and such.
I proposed my idea because I've gotten the impression that Bailey might actually have some sort of power over the town's officials that could prevent the PC receiving any help from the corrupted authorities, as implied from the Cafe Grand Reopening scene where Bailey made the mayor interrupted the PC from spreading the dark reality of the orphanage and dismiss it all as a joke.

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
I'm aware that is the current narrative of the game where the PC owes Bailey money for living in the orphanage for 'free'.
I wasn't calling it arbitrary because I don't like the idea, but rather that's what I describe their actions of taking advantage of the PC (and other orphans presumably) by extorting them like you said when it's likely not legal for them to do that, which could be borrowed over to the dormitory narrative I suggested.

I proposed my idea because I've gotten the impression that Bailey might actually have some sort of power over the town's officials that could prevent the PC receiving any help from the corrupted authorities, as implied from the Cafe Grand Reopening scene where Bailey made the mayor interrupted the PC from spreading the dark reality of the orphanage and dismiss it all as a joke.
I was always under the impression that Bailey is just that: The chief of justice, (possibly) corrupt as all heck, and too knowledgeable about the oddities of the town for coincidence. The students don't seem to understand the whys of what's going on; the townspeople (and most of the named NPCs) don't seem to care. Bailey extorts the kids of the orphanage, and even "rents" them out if they fail to pay. But if the PC/NPC makes it back to the Orphanage afterwards they won't question it. Bailey will rescue the PC if they get into a bind outside Bailey's direct control (such as the drug dealer gangbang), freak-out if they wind-up screwing the PC, and will give the PC a ride home if their stress leads them to the hospital but not the sanitarium. Bailey will also throw people out who manage to sneak into the Orphanage - if that's to protect the orphans or "investments" I don't know.

But EVERYONE knows Bailey.

Which also makes me wonder if Bailey might not also be the parent/grandparent to all of the kids at the orphanage, too. It'd be messed-up as all hell (and it would make Robin the PCs sibling if true), but we're also left with the impression that whatever is going on in that town has for something like a thousand years - likely beginning with the event shown in the White Wraith flashback and continuing with the Elite today. Oh, and whatever is going on with the Mayor.

I think I'm rambling while on pain meds so what am I talking about again? Oh yeah! I wonder if a future update will let us sire/pop-out other animals and then sell them to the pet shop/pound for cash?

Reactions: Catnatic

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
If we are talking about wishlists for new content the option to do a birth show at the brothel or somewhere insane like the park would be nice too. I was a bit disappointed when i found that if you wait too long to get to the hospital it just blacks you out and takes you there.

tester72

Nov 8, 2019

I always reasoned that while the town is relatively corrupt the reason why we dont go to authoritites is because we have absolutely no connection to rely on or to call up on.

In the dormitary example even if we were orphans we still got our official ID's which means that at any point we enter any official building and ask for replacement because even if they are corrupt i would only need to grease their gears a bit for my replacement.

Now with the orphange example we can assume that our ID's arent made yet, they need to be validated by the orphange to work. Bailey needs to confirm that we are of age, healthy, got our stuff back and really left the place with all paperwork done but he refuses to do that so officially we DONT EXIST yet. Even if we would go to the cops all they would do is call up Bailey and he would say that the ID's are still in making and that would be the end of it.

My impression on Bailey is similar to what RiloLaki said, but im more inclined to think that hes only keeping assets safe as only healthy slaves get to make good money and also hes probably still vary of some laws that could cost him much cash like us dying on the streets or losing our mind.

Klolita

Jul 23, 2017
Is it a common bug for the doren mod to not record first times? I've lost my virginity to a few different people now lol

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
I'm asking here since wiki doesn't specify it anywhere and I searched this topic and it didn't come up either. I always assumed femininity meant more attention for the player was I right in that assumption, can someone explain the genders in DoL a bit more? Or is it just that masculine clothing is just less outragous? I thought about reverse crossdressing run but it would only make sense if it has gameplay integrations and not just flavor as it's not really my kink so flavor alone wouldn't cut it.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm asking here since wiki doesn't specify it anywhere and I searched this topic and it didn't come up either. I always assumed femininity meant more attention for the player was I right in that assumption, can someone explain the genders in DoL a bit more? Or is it just that masculine clothing is just less outragous? I thought about reverse crossdressing run but it would only make sense if it has gameplay integrations and not just flavor as it's not really my kink so flavor alone wouldn't cut it.
gender appearance and allure are completely separate, you're likely right on that there's more female clothing that is more revealing
NPCs will have same reaction range when discovering you're opposite gender than appeared to (excited/neutral/pissed)

4.50 star(s) 182 Votes