DD2

Feb 10, 2019
For future reference, OP has a couple uses in common internet tongue: Overpowered and Original Poster. Overpowered is obvious. When OP is used in a forum setting, it often refers to the first post made by the one that started the discussion thread.

As for the challenge in maintaining control, that is indeed meant to be difficult to muster without cheats. The game used to be called a PTSD sim (likely still is) and as I understand it the main character is mainly meant to canonically be victimized by all the rape and sexual encounters with the challenge being keeping sane despite that and either finding ways to cope with the effects or avoiding the sex all together. To be honest, I wouldn't even say it's oriented towards sub fantasies since those same effects are meant to be debilitating rather than something that encourages the sub play. Again, with cheats, you can make the main turn into a subby toy that's just as accepting of the circumstances as everyone else in this crazy town, but even then the game still thinks you are not suppose to and you're still often treated as at least a somewhat unwilling and hapless victim of sexual assault. What you're seeing is what I think is the meat of the game's intention...to be less about finding ways to screw or be screwed like so many games are in this genre and instead be a game about overcoming the adversities associated with being an unwilling toy and existing in a world seemingly gone perversely fuck-hungry mad (although there's a whole other conversation here about how much of that is suppose to be real or illusory).
PTSD simulator? didn't thought this game was this heavy, but have to say I am in the pure rout, with 0 stress and 0 trauma,and don't know but seems after Robin was send to the docks and MC rescuing, now MC has trouble sleeping and having hallucinations, maybe coincidence, this started with the event with Robin, or was a sum of all what has happens to MC, but guess no matter what things will get into MC head sooner or later.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I don't think it was here, but someone on another forum (8Chan I think?) mentioned how it had some resemblance to Darkest Dungeon with respects to the idea of stress management and dealing with complications and repercussions of stress, though DD is a fair bit more complex than DoL in that regard. From there, calling DoL a PTSD sim seemed to be coined and more was more routinely recalled afterward. Either way, both games make active attempts to center quite a bit around mental stresses. You just can't have a heart attack in DoL and don't hear a really awesome narrator speak some thesaurus magic in your ear from time to time (Wayne June is amazing). But best believe pretty much everything living and breathing wants to fuck you sideways...just like in DD.

11037AAA

Oct 20, 2018
Found a typo : When sending Whitney to the pillory, despite the bully being female in my case, they're referred as a 'he'. And in the brothel, Leighton ( before blackmail ) will always lick the student's 'pussy' even if it's a boy and boys can't have vaginas. I've also somehow met a NPC with no pronouns, but only once. That's a weird bug.

Also, I'd be nice to have sex toys implemented in the game, dunno if it's planned or considered. Could make a nice school event with Whitney using a egg vibrator while you're in class.

asker23

Jun 11, 2017
As for the challenge in maintaining control, that is indeed meant to be difficult to muster without cheats. The game used to be called a PTSD sim (likely still is) and as I understand it the main character is mainly meant to canonically be victimized by all the rape and sexual encounters with the challenge being keeping sane despite that and either finding ways to cope with the effects or avoiding the sex all together. To be honest, I wouldn't even say it's oriented towards sub fantasies since those same effects are meant to be debilitating rather than something that encourages the sub play. Again, with cheats, you can make the main turn into a subby toy that's just as accepting of the circumstances as everyone else in this crazy town, but even then the game still thinks you are not suppose to and you're still often treated as at least a somewhat unwilling and hapless victim of sexual assault. What you're seeing is what I think is the meat of the game's intention...to be less about finding ways to screw or be screwed like so many games are in this genre and instead be a game about overcoming the adversities associated with being an unwilling toy and existing in a world seemingly gone perversely fuck-hungry mad (although there's a whole other conversation here about how much of that is suppose to be real or illusory).
Damn, you really dived deep down for my question and answered more than I asked for. Thank you, that put me into thoughts. Still gonna abuse my little princess, but I'm gonna explain to her what her world is really is about and I think she will understand.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Do the 50 days for the angel transformation need to be consecutive? Or if you accidentally lose some purity (but keep the virgin trait) it just sets it back by 1 day on midnight?

Also if I regain max purity on the same day I lose it I should be safe, right?

Zerei

Mar 4, 2020
I'd like to point a few things out and give suggestions regarding character creator related stuff

First - Traits, Stats and VrelCoins Acquisition
At the end of character creation you are given a choice of background. It can change difficulty and generally customize experience.

What I'd like to propose, is vastly increasing amount of VrelCoins per feat and cost of whatever will be bought by them. However have feats give different amount of them based on difficulty of task due to initial customization of character. Said customization on the other hand, would be vastly greater than the current background choice

However I'm all for keeping some preset suggestions of starting points and due to it becoming more complicated adding a little explanation for what can the player expect from settings

Second - Colors
You seem to add all, even the most exotic eye colors so long as they at least sort of exist naturally.

Even if they exist only in truly extraordinary cases like folk with albinism. However aforementioned albinism's primary characteristic is that the person has unnaturally light skin and hair, regardless of ethnicity due to lack of melanin. Thus if I got your intentions here right, you should also add white hair into choices at beginning, instead of only having it as an option to dye hair into during gameplay.

...Not only because it's my favorite hair color :whistle:

A personal wish of mine would be also adding an option for the player to chose what colors randomly generated clothing can have. We all favor some ones more, and some less, don't we? Not everything needs to make sense if one likes it, and it's not some immersion breaker

Third - Sizes
The player character supposedly starts at age of 18 yes? Even disregarding different averages based on ethnicity, it's not that rare sight to see someone around that age whose sizes are beyond the average of those already past age of growth. I'd up the starting limits a level even if we'd assume extraordinary cases to not apply

Fangii

Aug 19, 2019
...Come to think of it, does the developer even look here? Did I just waste time making some constructive feedback that won't even reach them?
You didn't waste your time, he posts here from time to time, though I think he's been busy recently so he hasn't had time to post here. He tends to be a bit more active on the Discord.

I'd like to point a few things out and give suggestions regarding character creator related stuff

First - Traits, Stats and VrelCoins Acquisition
At the end of character creation you are given a choice of background. It can change difficulty and generally customize experience.

What I'd like to propose, is vastly increasing amount of VrelCoins per feat and cost of whatever will be bought by them. However have feats give different amount of them based on difficulty of task due to initial customization of character. Said customization on the other hand, would be vastly greater than the current background choice

However I'm all for keeping some preset suggestions of starting points and due to it becoming more complicated adding a little explanation for what can the player expect from settings

Second - Colors
You seem to add all, even the most exotic eye colors so long as they at least sort of exist naturally.

Even if they exist only in truly extraordinary cases like folk with albinism. However aforementioned albinism's primary characteristic is that the person has unnaturally light skin and hair, regardless of ethnicity due to lack of melanin. Thus if I got your intentions here right, you should also add white hair into choices at beginning, instead of only having it as an option to dye hair into during gameplay.

...Not only because it's my favorite hair color :whistle:

A personal wish of mine would be also adding an option for the player to chose what colors randomly generated clothing can have. We all favor some ones more, and some less, don't we? Not everything needs to make sense if one likes it, and it's not some immersion breaker

Third - Sizes
The player character supposedly starts at age of 18 yes? Even disregarding different averages based on ethnicity, it's not that rare sight to see someone around that age whose sizes are beyond the average of those already past age of growth. I'd up the starting limits a level even if we'd assume extraordinary cases to not apply
I think the first one might be a bit too OP unless it's a reward from completing a lot of feats, maybe 15 or so? Agree on the second and third though.

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Do the 50 days for the angel transformation need to be consecutive? Or if you accidentally lose some purity (but keep the virgin trait) it just sets it back by 1 day on midnight?
Also if I regain max purity on the same day I lose it I should be safe, right?
They don't need to be consecutive. You just need 50 "points" worth of purity and i think they are logged at midnight so you should be good for the loss gain thing.
That is the case as far as the amount of VrelCoins you get from them based on difficulty. There are bronze, silver and gold Achievos that give 1, 2 and 3 coins respectively.

Reactions: Fangii

Zerei

Mar 4, 2020
That is the case as far as VrelCoins giving different amounts of them based on difficulty. There are bronze, silver and gold Achievos that give 1, 2 and 3 coins respectively.
What I meant here is amount of VrelCoins player gets also being subject to increase or decrease for the exact same feat based on difficulty of achieving said task they set for themselves during character creation. Thus also increase in amount of VCoins per feat and cost of buying anything with said VCoins.

So, basically you can do the same feat for say 5 coins or 20 coins with your best achievement being noted down next to feat and being the one based on which you get the coins

That aside, thanks for information regarding the developer folks. I probably won't contact him though, and instead leave it here for him to maybe see it one day. Feel free to forward it instead of me if you want to

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Zerei
"based on difficulty of achieving said task they set for themselves during character creation"
Sorry, what did you mean by this. I'm just trying to understand and don't know what you mean by what looks to me like you want to be able to adjust the difficulty of achieving the achievment(task) part of the feat. Can you give an example please?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to wrap my head around this concept :)

Reactions: Shura Matoi

Shura Matoi

Nov 3, 2017
Zerei
"based on difficulty of achieving said task they set for themselves during character creation"
Sorry, what did you mean by this. I'm just trying to understand and don't know what you mean by what looks to me like you want to be able to adjust the difficulty of achieving the achievment(task) part of the feat. Can you give an example please?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to wrap my head around this concept :)
I also couldn't wrap my head around it either. I just figured I was being extremely stupid like normally and was probably why I couldn't get it.
puzzled look.gif

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Someone was asking about sex toys being planned. To confirm, they are indeed planned, we just haven't gotten word from the dev when they will be added.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes