Oct 12, 2018
Your source of information is Steam, and they are on Steam for a relatively short time. You need to dig deeper for the truth.
And even if I'd bite the bullet and provide you with links, that would achieve nothing. I'd spend half of my Saturday on wayback machine in order to prove a point to a guy who probably bought that game already.
I'm guessing you mean the reviews that prove your point are on steam for a short time. Which implies that the Devs delete the reviews. They don't because steam doesn't allow that. As for my "source of information" I searched the delay reasons you provided on Google and DuckDuckGo as well as a more broad search with "Update delays" went to the dreaded Google 2nd page and nothing. If what you're saying is true then there should be something on the internet about it. They aren't the CIA they can't just shut everyone up who mention these delays

And yes, on the surface every normal player will be thrilled by PZ. But at some point (namely when you secured a base and food is no longer a concern - and that's about 30-50 hours in game depending on your gaming skills) you realize there is absolutely nothing to do. You survived the zombie apocalypse. Alone. All the so-called "depth" is fact only bells and whistles meant to distract you from seeing this. Pretty much like in Fallout 4. You can't see that because you weren't there from the beginning, and you have nothing to compare.
PZ is a sandbox game, a sandbox game that's still in early access. It's not like Baldurs gate 3 where the Devs have a clear vision and goal of what the game should look and play like. Sandbox games change over time adding as many features and mechanics as possible to flesh it out. Especially early access games where they take community feedback, and honestly DoL is pretty much the same, it's not finished so ofcourse at one point you're not gonna have anything meaningful to do.

Loud minority? Of course there is a minority. Think at the average age of someone who bought PZ before they put it on Steam (btw game is in development since 2011). Those people move on, most of them are not even gamers anymore. They don't care to write about a company who cheated them with 15 bucks ten years ago.
And this... I don't understand this. Cheated them? They bought an early access game that was in pre-alpha till 2013. What did you expect? And indie studio finishing a game like this in 3 years or something?
The average age? Are you saying mostly kids bought PZ? I can't think of any other age group that would "move on" and stop playing games maybe older people but I doubt many 40-50-60 year olds were playing games in 2011-2013. And I highly doubt any of these people would buy a zombie apocalypse simulator game. Especially one that was in pre-alpha/early access.

Again I have to say that judging by what you wrote,
You just sound pissed that you didn't get what you wanted so you assume that everyone else feels the same way. The only point I'll give to you is that having the game in early access for so long seems excessive, but they are an indie studio. So ofcourse they aren't gunna release games like Ubisoft does with Far Cry. They are actively working on the game while hiring mod makers. I can't think of a better thing to do than hire people who love a game so much they create free content for it.

But I've talked long enough, if you're able to provide sources for those delays then I'll concede they are somewhat shady, especially if they actually hid them and banned anyone who talked about it.

(This is too long, I feel like a duck for derailing the conversation when all I wanted to talk about was my hopes for DoL:cry:)

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
I haven't played that much recently and I'm still not like a pro at the game. Going from virgin to promiscous is a really slow burn, which I do actually like, but what are there things I could do to speed this process up? I was just running around naked in the park whenever possible and trying to have at least one sexual encounter daily one way or another and just picking stuff that make sense for that in school/house knocking encounters. I don't need a youtube essay about this but any even singular tips would help.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I haven't played that much recently and I'm still not like a pro at the game. Going from virgin to promiscous is a really slow burn, which I do actually like, but what are there things I could do to speed this process up? I was just running around naked in the park whenever possible and trying to have at least one sexual encounter daily one way or another and just picking stuff that make sense for that in school/house knocking encounters. I don't need a youtube essay about this but any even singular tips would help.
brothel is a very quick way to raise exhibitionism, as well as progress dancing and promiscuity, + cash income
if you wanna raise deviancy, the dog pound is probably easiest entry point, but Alex's farm is gonna be where you can rocket it off, though alternatively you can also go live with the wolves
in the pub you can grind seduction and promiscuity along the way

ETANEL23

Mar 15, 2018
so I am in need of help. during an event a npc stole my school clothes and after going to the headmaster he gave me a torn school uniform and I thought he said they would give me a normal school uniform in the pool locker room?

But I cant seem to find a set in there. I think I completely missed something and I feel dumb, any help would be great.

Oct 6, 2019
PZ is a sandbox game, a sandbox game that's still in early access.
Ten years later!
Going from virgin to promiscous is a really slow burn, which I do actually like, but what are there things I could do to speed this process up?
Go to the bar, and pick people up. It will be expensive until you have your seduction skill built up enough that you do not have to buy too many drinks to get laid, but once you are at Promiscuity Level 3, there is nothing faster, especially since picking up dates will not tire you out quickly like working at the brothel will. On the other hand, the brothel does make you good money once you have enough dancing skills to not suck at working the stripper pole.

Oct 6, 2019
so I am in need of help. during an event a npc stole my school clothes and after going to the headmaster he gave me a torn school uniform and I thought he said they would give me a normal school uniform in the pool locker room?
No, but yu can buy a new uniform from Syndey in the library. The pool locker room only has your own wardrobe in it, so if you have another acceptable set of school clothes in your wardrobe you can pick them up at the locker room.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Go to the bar, and pick people up. It will be expensive until you have your seduction skill built up enough that you do not have to buy too many drinks to get laid, but once you are at Promiscuity Level 3, there is nothing faster, especially since picking up dates will not tire you out quickly like working at the brothel will. On the other hand, the brothel does make you good money once you have enough dancing skills to not suck at working the stripper pole.
or you can just grind seduction alone until it's high enough, since failures still contribute
No, but yu can buy a new uniform from Syndey in the library. The pool locker room only has your own wardrobe in it, so if you have another acceptable set of school clothes in your wardrobe you can pick them up at the locker room.
it's cheaper to buy at the shopping centre

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
Project Zomboid is a nice game to play if you like its premise. But, true, after a while once the novelty of it wears off and/or you secure a base and reliable source of food, weapons etc. enough times, there is not much to it. Not at least till they reimplement NPCs properly and add quests/missions and such - which is gonna take a while yet.

Sure, you can give yourself challenges like clearing all the towns or Louisville, maybe mod the game but that is gonna hold you/many folks only for so long.

As for ripping people off since they are still in alpha/beta development even after a decade. At least they are not Star Citizen - that game, despite taking 554+ million US dollars in pledges alone (as of today), delivered so far only undecooked, buggy mess far from what was/is promised. Heck, we did not get any real news about Squadron 42 (SP component) for years now.

Instead you get shit like roadmap for a roadmap. Ships and game packages worth freaking thousands - some of which are not even in the game itself yet. Delay after delay with features slipping from beaing released in 2020 to (maybe) in 2023...

See attached images for some laugh.

Oct 6, 2019
or you can just grind seduction alone until it's high enough, since failures still contribute
Whoa, I hadn't even thought of doing it that way. It's a good idea, but somehow getting repeatedly shot down by drunks at a bar is kind of awful for our poor little orphan to have to endure even given how awful life usually is in East Rapechestershire.
it's cheaper to buy at the shopping centre
Yeah, but that entails going to the shopping center from the school and then coming back again.
Avery would probably do it for free if you send nudes
Nah, we know from the grand opening of the expanded bakery that Avery doesn't have the nerve to face off against Bailey.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Since some people keep complaining about update delays, new random futures and pregnancy, all that when the dev has his blog, I'll just put this here again for some:

abc.jpg

Vrel also mentioned long time ago the pregnancy system would take a while, and knowing his releases he usually likes to release stuff it is playable and not buggy. So please be patient. I want to play as well, but respect the dev's effort. He loves criticism and new ideas from his fan, but at least ensure their possible application isn't unrealistic. Remember as well it is a free game, and many of the stuff is 1 person job, besides some fans (Yes, I don't forget their effort as well, thanks for the aditional features).

Thanks for the kind words. Pregnancy will be a pretty involved addition, and I want to make sure the groundwork is in place before I start.

doctor321

Aug 19, 2018
I would honestly prefer that pregnancy was never planned because we would probably still get updates that I am actually interested in. But I realise that's selfish and that many people love pregnancy stuff and they are most likely those who support the dev the most so...

I hope you guys enjoy it when it comes out because you made us all wait for other kind of updates as well. I am a simple guy, I would be content with just more clothes if not a different pose or two because that might take work.

Sorry for my somewhat - of - a - rant. I don't mean anything bad by it, I just miss the regular updates.

Reactions: atur

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I would honestly prefer that pregnancy was never planned because we would probably still get updates that I am actually interested in. But I realise that's selfish and that many people love pregnancy stuff and they are most likely those who support the dev the most so...

I hope you guys enjoy it when it comes out because you made us all wait for other kind of updates as well. I am a simple guy, I would be content with just more clothes if not a different pose or two because that might take work.

Sorry for my somewhat - of - a - rant. I don't mean anything bad by it, I just miss the regular updates.
more poses would involve reworking the combat, which already is long overdue, but it's likely to take just as long if not longer than preg unfortunately

doctor321

Aug 19, 2018
more poses would involve reworking the combat, which already is long overdue, but it's likely to take just as long if not longer than preg unfortunately
Yeah that's why I said that would prolly take work. I am fine with it not being an option, just something I would like to see eventually.

I would be content with similar updates he made before as long as they are consistent.

Karkhel

May 15, 2017

There is nothing wrong in wishing game wouldn't focus on what you don't find appealing and voicing your opinion about it, as long as you aren't being a douche about it and accosting people who like it its all good. Also let me say I mean this within reason, going to a sub based game and crying there is not enough chad Johnson moments is kinda silly. As far as rants go yours is pretty tame. I'm saying this as someone who def wants the update and has been waiting for this for a long while.

Brort

Mar 20, 2020
When I make the character in the character viewer menu she still looks like the default one after I begin the game, but when I go in the character viewer after I begin the game she still looks like the customized one I made, am I doing something wrong or is there a way to resolve it?

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
When I make the character in the character viewer menu she still looks like the default one after I begin the game, but when I go in the character viewer after I begin the game she still looks like the customized one I made, am I doing something wrong or is there a way to resolve it?
The character viewer is just for testing.
The "Character Creation" tab is the place to design your MC. Except for the gender everything else can be changed in game.

Reactions: Brort

doctor321

Aug 19, 2018
There is nothing wrong in wishing game wouldn't focus on what you don't find appealing and voicing your opinion about it, as long as you aren't being a douche about it and accosting people who like it its all good. Also let me say I mean this within reason, going to a sub based game and crying there is not enough chad Johnson moments is kinda silly. As far as rants go yours is pretty tame. I'm saying this as someone who def wants the update and has been waiting for this for a long while.
Sorry english is not my native language, I am guessing you probably meant other people want dom moments instead of sub ones, not me right? Because I never asked for that.

I actually like the game being set up as it is currently.

Reactions: Midge
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes