FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Anyone know of a game similar to this with the freedom to play as you like, but with a little less submission than in this?
Pretty much the same stuff that's always recommended. Sadly games like this are pretty rare and even if a new one pops up, it'll take like 5-10 years to flesh it out enough with content to be comparable. Nothing is really super similar (They're all missing the slice of life type of stuff, except EraTW), but the games closest to this are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've personally always wanted a game like a single player Hellmoo, that would be godly.

Edit: Added EraTW and EraK to spoiler.

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Pretty much the same stuff that's always recommended. Sadly games like this are pretty rare and even if a new one pops up, it'll take like 5-10 years to flesh it out enough with content to be comparable. Nothing is really super similar (They're all missing the slice of life type of stuff and are more combat focused), but the games closest to this are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've personally always wanted a game like a single player Hellmoo, that would be godly.
To add to the list, a fair bit newer entry in the text-based free-roam genre is Broken Dreams Correctional Center. May not have as much content as the other positions here due to being rather early in development, but its development so far is steady forward. It takes I believe the better parts of the other games in the genre (decent writing for story parts, dynamic NPC sex, combat/sex paperdoll). It gives the player choice between sub and dom content as well, though it's very primarily furry and currently rather lean on non-npc m/m content if anyone's looking for that.

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Hiya, sorry but I don't find it anywere

One day, I see someone talking about a console command for blocking the growing stress bar, and I don't find it back, even with the search function... Somebody know how to do it?..

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hiya, sorry but I don't find it anywere

One day, I see someone talking about a console command for blocking the growing stress bar, and I don't find it back, even with the search function... Somebody know how to do it?..
I only know how to change values, not freeze them.
That sounds like cheat engine magic to me. :KEK:

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
there is an option to start with a cheat menu in the game settings
That's not really an option though, as it would disable gaining feats and i suppose the main purpose would be to gain a number of Vrelcoins for use in future playthroughs as well.

Here's mine, 199 coins. Got a lot of stuff maxed, including the Farm, but the coins should help if you want to start your own save.

Edit: Whoa, seems visiting the island gave me a mountain of Rag Tops and Rag Skirts, so if you're continuing the save, be sure to clear out the gunk in the wardrobe ^^;

Last edited:

Itacimi

Jun 24, 2019
As far as I can tell pregnancy mechanics doesnt seem to work with generic NPCs, havent tested with any named ones. My character has no issue with pregnancy w/ wolves, as far as I can tell it isnt a settings issue; or male/female PC.
There a fix or is it just bad luck?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
As far as I can tell pregnancy mechanics doesnt seem to work with generic NPCs, havent tested with any named ones. My character has no issue with pregnancy w/ wolves, as far as I can tell it isnt a settings issue; or male/female PC.
There a fix or is it just bad luck?
Only Black Wolf and Alex are the only named npcs that have preggo content.
You can enable for everyone but that will lead you to getting locked on their preggo content when it's finally out.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Edit: Whoa, seems visiting the island gave me a mountain of Rag Tops and Rag Skirts, so if you're continuing the save, be sure to clear out the gunk in the wardrobe ^^;
Seems it's a bug. When clothing is destroyed, rather than disappear it turns into 'rag top' and 'rag skirt' items... which the game then tries to rebuy when those end up destroyed as well. So that's how i ended up with a pile of rags filling up my wardrobe.

Underseeker

Dec 11, 2022
Although I doubt it, is there a way to download and add all the mods into the game individually so all of them can be on instead of having to play with only one mod at a time with DOLMods?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Soobaroo

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Although I doubt it, is there a way to download and add all the mods into the game individually so all of them can be on instead of having to play with only one mod at a time with DOLMods?
Short answer: Yes, but it's a long tedious process. There's no quick and easy way to merge mods that won't break things.

Long answer:
It is possible to merge mods together but that requires manual work of merging things yourself and ensuring that things don't conflict with each other. Anyone could do it if they know how to use WinMerge and have some knowledge of Twee/TwineScript which is actually easy to understand and adapt to, especially if you already have a fundamental understanding of programming.
As far as I know, there's no some kind of working patcher or mod loader that automatically does this sort of thing.

It's a complicated process because each mod's source files are basically forks of the game's original repo, meaning that any additions or modifications to the game's code are already applied instead of only having files that just contains additions or edits (not containing the entire vanilla source code) like a typical mod would have for a regular PC game.
It makes sense for developers to update their DoL mod this way but it's not really optimal when it comes to merging mods.

This means that you would have to go through a mod's entire repo and compare it to another mod's repo, finding parts of the code that were modified and making sure it doesn't break or replace a feature from another mod as you merge the code. You might even have to rewrite the code instead so it properly accommodates all new features from each mod.
This can get even more tedious if a mod's game version is outdated compared to another mod's game version as the base game's code would be overhauled in newer versions which may complicate the merging process. Merging mods is just not a feasible option and you might have to do it all the time if you want your base game and mods to be up to date.

When it comes to graphic replacement mods though, well, that's very easy to do as you just need to overwrite the existing "img" folder which every version of DoL comes with (that isn't text-only).
Merging multiple graphic mods however, there will be a lot of conflicts if most of their files both share the same names so just use the ones that you prefer the most.

Reactions: Cliff_Edge
4.50 star(s) 185 Votes